What’s the sizing?

• 1/2 Size Big (buy a half size down)

Votes: 57 8.4%
  • True to Size (buy your true size)

Votes: 551 80.9%
  • 1/2 Size Small (buy a half size up)

Votes: 73 10.7%

• Total voters
For the older NT'ers or sneaker buyers, How did the 2001 release sell? I know the 94 went to outlets and day 1 sellouts probably weren't a thing in 1988 for Jays.

Times were quite different back then. "Sneaker culture" or whatever the hell you wanna call it was NOTHING like we see today. 2001's were easy to get. I think I bought a pair on Eastbay with ease on release day then doubled up in store the next day or two?

Times were quite different back then. "Sneaker culture" or whatever the hell you wanna call it was NOTHING like we see today. 2001's were easy to get. I think I bought a pair on Eastbay with ease on release day then doubled up in store the next day or two?

THIS

2001 were available in most sizes
My size were little available few spots

For the older NT'ers or sneaker buyers, How did the 2001 release sell? I know the 94 went to outlets and day 1 sellouts probably weren't a thing in 1988 for Jays.
I missed on my size and got the Mochas, then again I had no clue regarding release dates.

This thread is all over the place. Which is why I've left it alone recently.

A lot of naive posters IMO. JB doesn't give AF about you or anyone else for that matter. They will do what they want, when they want, how they want. I'm sorry you guys have a hard time wrapping your minds around that. All they care about is your money.

JB knows damn well they can make these BC3's like trash and it'll still move regardless if theres a $220 price tag. Will some pairs hit outlets and go on disco? Sure, but Nike has already made the money once the shipments get sent out.

You guys really need to learn about how business actually works. JB is too big to fail. The hype for sneakers is as big as it has ever been. HAs JB lost some market cap to Adidas? Yes, but how did they counter? They released all the heaters back to back to back and didn't make anything limited. They picked and chose which ones they wanted to put more effort into and which ones they didn't need to.

At the end of the day, JB is doing phenomenal and no one in corporate gives AF what we think or how stupid out complaints are. Trust me, it may seem like it does, but for the average consumer...they not give AF. Sorry, but this is how business works.

Some of y'all need that wake up call and lower your expectations.

Like someone said earlier, if y'all really want change...vote with your wallet. JB will def listen then. But I can guarantee if they made the BC3's like the TB3's, 90% of y'all will still cop. Don't even lie to yourselves.

Better yet..if they made them limited like Nike is doing with the Gold Air Max 97's, the resale would hit the $700-800 mark regardless of quality. It's just how the game works. People have been *****ing and crying about the same issues for over 15+ years now. And very little has changed since then.

What's even funnier is Nike is probably making more money selling them on discount at their own outlets or their clearance section of NDC than to the typical vendors lol. Sell to Eastbay/FTL/Champs/FA/FNL etc at probably 50% of retail or sell at 25% off utilizing their own stores/website? At the end the day, Nike is still crushing it. And in a world of hypebeasts, the vast majority of Nike sales comes from you average consumer who couldn't care less about retros, Ultra Boosts, colllabs or any other "heat'.

Give the average Joe something that looks decent says brand X on it with a reasonable price and they're happy. They're certainly not knit picking about molds, materials, or whether they're an exact OG match lol.

This was kind of the beginning of the hype era. Dudes knew these shoes would not sit. So when these shoes released that day, I camped about a couple hours before the mall opened with my friend.

I remember flipping these in '01. They sold out quick but back then not to many cats were reselling like we were. With planning we were able to bag 50+ pairs. No camping back then either.

The original 88's sat on the selves like all sneakers did. I remember walking into footlocker and seeing them for the first time. I believe they drop both the white and black cements at the same time but paying $100 for a sneaker was rare. You were the man if you had a pair.

2001 TB3's were relatively easy to get. Especially since the sneaker craze hasn't started. I mean Jordans were getting popular, but not the way it is now. Cool Grey 11's were the beginning of the sneaker craze and reselling process.

This was kind of the beginning of the hype era. Dudes knew these shoes would not sit. So when these shoes released that day, I camped about a couple hours before the mall opened with my friend.

Beginning of the sneaker camp outs were from the Cool Grey 11's. 2001 to be exact. DMP was the first major hype for the "culture".

I remember flipping these in '01. They sold out quick but back then not to many cats were reselling like we were. With planning we were able to bag 50+ pairs. No camping back then either.

The original 88's sat on the selves like all sneakers did. I remember walking into footlocker and seeing them for the first time. I believe they drop both the white and black cements at the same time but paying $100 for a sneaker was rare. You were the man if you had a pair.

2003-2004 is when it started to really grow. 2005 was when it exploded. Flight club came soon after.

Take me to 2001! I was in to dragon ball z and getting into trouble [emoji]128553[/emoji]

Started buying in 2006 til 2011 for a break. It was relatively easy copping shoes.

Last edited:
Thanks guys for the input on the 2003 WC3s. Decided against it, they're gonna fall apart and quality leather isn't enough to spend $xxx to get them restored once the midsoles fall apart. Instead, I found a good deal on some 2011 black cement 3s. Lightly worn, minimal paint chipping. If these new black cement 3s come out looking ok, then I'll go for those and sell the 2011s cheap.

This small sporting goods store in my town had these, the mochas, and a few pairs of 1's in scattered sizes for at least a year after release date. I even remember seeing the blk/red xi's for a few weeks after release and debating whether to get those or iversons.

To think I bought some Iversons and shox instead of getting these [emoji]128514[/emoji].

The first Jordan that stood out to me as "hyped" or hard to get was the cement 3's in 03.

This small sporting goods store in my town had these, the mochas, and a few pairs of 1's in scattered sizes for at least a year after release date. I even remember seeing the blk/red xi's for a few weeks after release and debating whether to get those or iversons.

To think I bought some Iversons and shox instead of getting these [emoji]128514[/emoji].

The first Jordan that stood out to me as "hyped" or hard to get was the cement 3's in 03.
Iversons were popular if not more so than Jordan's when I was in school back then. I never liked them though :rofl:

Got my 2011 black cements in. Outsoles are a little oxidized. I've heard of whitening toothpaste working to remove yellowing/discoloration, anyone have any methods? I'm also trying to debate if they're worth repainting. Angelus is pretty cheap and 3s couldn't be easier to repaint.

Finally [emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji]Although I always strike out on black cement 3s...

I'm worried now that they will look like the 2016 True Blues. Not worried about the colors, but I predict the shape and the weirdly shaped EP on pairs will return.

2016 TB3s were a great retro, love my two pairs. An over abundance in supply can lead to false assessments of quality for some people

2016 TB3s were a great retro, love my two pairs. An over abundance in supply can lead to false assessments of quality for some people

It took me 2 different pairs to get a good pair. But I'm very happy with it. Easily my 2nd favorite retro of 2016..behind the Blk Metallic 5s.

I really wish people would stop dismissing complaints about the true blue 3s since there is a number of irregularities in addition to bad leather quality. If you're someone who doesn't like to hear complaints no matter the complaint, stay out of the conversation. The true blue is a release that shouldn't be repeated, especially since there are many mass produced retros that were better quality and QC. The true blues weren't the first mass release, but a one of the first og mass produced OG retros that didn't deliver

Blah. The TB3 hate is definitely blown out of proportion. Love my pair and they're comfortable. Black Friday release, price tag, and overabundance is what really kept people away. Caused everyone to go over them with a microscope.

Like I said before, my only complaint is the tan colored grey they used on the EP.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom