What’s the sizing?

• 1/2 Size Big (buy a half size down)

Votes: 57 8.4%
  • True to Size (buy your true size)

Votes: 551 80.9%
  • 1/2 Size Small (buy a half size up)

Votes: 73 10.7%

• Total voters
Who cares about resellers? $200 and still a gr is a great move. JB may drop half a million pairs of these like the other NA retros, and a $200 tag means JB wants these gone quick.

They can easily have 220 for these. I love what they did with that they dyed the midsole for the 2016 True Blues. As soon these BC's drop everyone will start saying how much they love the 2016 mold
Did they really? I haven't seen enough really worn pairs to notice if midsoles chip still or not.

J pic.JPG

Here is a pair I recently tab swapped and repainted the soles. Love the Nike Air on the back, looks so much better!!!

The only logic i see, is the higher the price the less likely these will fly off the shelves and resellers will stay away. Kind of like the True blue 3s metallic Vs and marron 6s. For the people that want these will have an easy time to get them.

Which OG colorway has sat on shelves though?

Edit: Dumb question but I don't think dropping the price will make a difference as far as sales. People just aren't buying Jordans at retail like they used to.

If they do release hoping the get discounted like the TB 3's did.

I still have a VNDS pair from 01, kick myself for not buying more of these on release date when they were $100 each smh at NikeTown NY.

I think I got them in the CDP too but never rocked those.

If they do release might cop on release date and if I can get another on discount later one I would.

Definitely has to be done right though.

We all should know by now that Nike Air releases (excluding 1s and some shoes that have Nike Air on the insole) are $220. If the $200 price point is correct for this release and it's within Nike Air release parameters then some of us are happy paying $20 less than the usual Nike Air release. Though I wouldn't mind if retros were $125 again.

JB shafted themselves.. pricing people out of retros and kept teasing at dropping coveted sneakers until no one cared anymore. 3-5 years ago, all the NA releases would have sold out instantly at $200 a pop. Folks got tired of their games and moved on to other brands. I still like my Js, and scoop a few + CWs here and there (mostly at discount) but lost interest overall. Too many weak CWs of the same model every week and $200+ retail after tax gets old. I'm still looking forward to some NA classics, but if they keep coming with poor quality that will prob change as well. If they wanna get the market back they're gonna have to appeal to the consumer again..

JB shafted themselves.. pricing people out of retros and kept teasing at dropping coveted sneakers until no one cared anymore. 3-5 years ago, all the NA releases would have sold out instantly at $200 a pop. Folks got tired of their games and moved on to other brands. I still like my Js, and scoop a few + CWs here and there (mostly at discount) but lost interest overall. Too many weak CWs of the same model every week and $200+ retail after tax gets old. I'm still looking forward to some NA classics, but if they keep coming with poor quality that will prob change as well. If they wanna get the market back they're gonna have to appeal to the consumer again..

Other brands like Adidas are releasing the same color/type of shoes ever couple of months like Nike/Jordan Brand does. I believe the reason why most moved to other brands (mainly Adidas is because of Kanye and a little bit because of boost).

Other brands like Adidas are releasing the same color/type of shoes ever couple of months like Nike/Jordan Brand does. I believe the reason why most moved to other brands (mainly Adidas is because of Kanye and a little bit because of boost).

But they're still more limited overall, and like you said same color/type every few MONTHS. Besides that, the models are only a couple years old at best. JB drops the same models weekly at times, and has been selling the same silhouettes for decades. They happen to be from an era I grew up in which is why I have an interest, but I can't imagine that the new generation would have much interest in owning 300 CWs of the same model. I know I don't.. but regardless, greed has lessened the integrity of the brand. I'm sure they couldn't care less anyway, as long as there's some kind of profit in it. Apperantly, everyone is just trying to pump out as much product as they can to generate profit from quantity rather than quality.

But they're still more limited overall, and like you said same color/type every few MONTHS. Besides that, the models are only a couple years old at best. JB drops the same models weekly at times, and has been selling the same silhouettes for decades. They happen to be from an era I grew up in which is why I have an interest, but I can't imagine that the new generation would have much interest in owning 300 CWs of the same model. I know I don't.. but regardless, greed has lessened the integrity of the brand. I'm sure they couldn't care less anyway, as long as there's some kind of profit in it. Apperantly, everyone is just trying to pump out as much product as they can to generate profit from quantity rather than quality.

People care about exclusivity too much. Why does it mater if it's limited or not they're still doing the same thing as Nike/Jordan Brand, releasing the same color/model every few months. Adidas releases the same models; Ultraboost and NMDs especially. At least Jordan has different models they can release.

You guys are not being realistic. For them to lower the price at all is a win. For those thinking prices will go back to $125 or even $150, you're being irrational. $200 is a much better pill to swallow than $220. Hell, $210 would have been better. Sometimes you gotta take what you can get, and not feel entitled to things always going exactly your way

You guys are not being realistic. For them to lower the price at all is a win. For those thinking prices will go back to $125 or even $150, you're being irrational. $200 is a much better pill to swallow than $220. Hell, $210 would have been better. Sometimes you gotta take what you can get, and not feel entitled to things always going exactly your way

Bruh, I literally just said that #813 I believe

People care about exclusivity too much. Why does it mater if it's limited or not they're still doing the same thing as Nike/Jordan Brand, releasing the same color/model every few months. Adidas releases the same models; Ultraboost and NMDs especially. At least Jordan has different models they can release.

Well, between a sense of exclusivity and releasing what people want.. that seems to be why other brands are gaining steam (Which Nike used to be king of.) The BC3 for example, is one of the true pinnacles of JB. And it's been rumored for the last 4 years at least, since WC3 release. Why not give the people what they want? Even a year later as GR, they would have been gone. Instead, they "vault" 3s and then drop a cardboard TB3 a year later with another mark up. Either they've got a terrible marketing team now or think their consumers are morons. The only way to generate a buzz is to release what people want.. more originals and less fluff. At least the competitiveness has made companies step it up.

Finally, Black Cement 3s.. :wink:

Still a lot Jordan Brand can do if they space out the releases correctly with the remaster program. Not sure how much longer the "hype" will last before it hits Converse status.

Back
Top Bottom