What’s the sizing?

• 1/2 Size Big (buy a half size down)

Votes: 57 8.4%
  • True to Size (buy your true size)

Votes: 551 80.9%
  • 1/2 Size Small (buy a half size up)

Votes: 73 10.7%

• Total voters
Were the old school midsoles dyed? They at least were painted differently because it seemed like the paint had soaked into the pores of the foam and wasn't just a thick layer sitting on top like todays retros.

@manposite

Absolutely; it was more of a dye which permeated into the midsole foam & thus flaking or chipping didn’t happen like it does today…👌
Definitely more of a dye. It was also impossible to clean. Basically, if you got a scuff or something on the white part it was over.

Definitely more of a dye. It was also impossible to clean. Basically, if you got a scuff or something on the white part it was over.

I can attest this was true. Yellowed and scuffed easily, but open cell PU was way more comfortable. Looks better now painted, but more prone to paint cracking/chipping, and comfort on closed cell PU is not there.

I have a back up pair of '18s still ds and a ds pair of '01s. The ep on the '01s make the '18s not look so bad afterall, eh? No one complained in '01 either. So with all that said, yea the '18s ain't the best retro ala '22 FRs, but yall who be acting like the '18s are no longer wearable and the worst abomination ever need to stop it with all the theatrics.

20220926_012837.jpg
20220926_012956.jpg

Obviously, the shape of the '01s cannot be argued tho. It's a thing of beauty. 😍
2001s looks too boxy.

anyone know what this weird whitening on the heel tab? It kinda rubs off/comes off with water but it comes back shortly after

D881C19C-3FE6-4119-AD7C-04524D1CE460.jpeg

The film will come back regardless. I have a 2012 7 Playoff that does the same thing. I have tried just about everything and it always comes back. It is weird because my 2011 Bords and Cards show no sign of it at all.

I caved and bought the desert elephants after seeing them in person. Holy smokes, this III actually has a soft midsole, soft leather, and is the most comfortable III I’ve ever owned. Once again Nike has zero consistency. If the next release of BCs or the upcoming reimagined WCs is like the elephants, now THEN we’d have a winner. Too bad they didn’t even do the Fire Reds as well as this in terms of comfort :smh:

Back
Top Bottom