Air Jordan III Retro - Varsity Red/Cement Grey/Black-Varsity Red (All Star 2020)

It’s funny how dudes always want OG shape, get it and complain. Dudes want NA, get it and complain. Dudes want better quality materials (check 2011 retro 3s and even 88s, they were trash), get that and complain. If you want high end Italian leather, Jordans might not be for you. I can see us getting a WC3 with this treatment and I’m happy. If the UNCs got this cut I’m happy enough. True Blues aren’t the best quality but some are better than others (I cherry picked my pair). I still rock my TB3s because I had 2011s and they were all trash.

this **** forreals. once you get the 01s everything pales in comparison. and also the true blue 01s and the 03 white cements. quality was bananas on those and I feel I got a pair for life. If they could release quality product like that for 250 id buy it

I’ve had 99-05 retros and they were dope but ppl kid themselves acting like they didn’t have their flaws. I’m a fan of the models, color ways and how they make me feel. I had 99 WC4s they popped and cracked on me. I had 2012 WC4s and tripled up and was happy(even tho they sucked) and I have 3 pairs of the last WC4s and I love them. All Because I still love WC4s. I will buy them, it will always make me feel the way I did when I had 99s....I just need certain pairs in my collection. If u had a pair die on you like my 99 infrareds, 99 Oreo 4s, 00 Jams, 00 Laney 5s, 00 midnight 6s, Og steel 10s(toe cap), OG Flint 13s, and OG Obsidian 12s you tend to be happy with a retro to ease that pain like I have .
E51077CD-D31A-4649-9518-8BA648CB19BD.png

Some of my HS collection from 07

Last edited:
It’s funny how dudes always want OG shape, get it and complain. Dudes want NA, get it and complain. Dudes want better quality materials (check 2011 retro 3s and even 88s, they were trash), get that and complain. If you want high end Italian leather, Jordans might not be for you. I can see us getting a WC3 with this treatment and I’m happy. If the UNCs got this cut I’m happy enough. True Blues aren’t the best quality but some are better than others (I cherry picked my pair). I still rock my TB3s because I had 2011s and they were all trash.
1582086681582.jpeg

1582086813824.jpeg

Peep the price tag on these vachetta leather blazers. And theres more 100 dollar vachettas coming soon.

But im the ***hole for being slightly confused on why they cant act right with sneakers at a 200 dollar price point. Im so god damn sick of the if you want italian leather why you buying jordans horse****. You need to expect more for your money because at some point it just gets foolish and sad.

Im pretty sure I care more about this brand than Gentry does. Im done though, i cant waste my money on mcdonalds for ruth’s chris prices. Their business strategy is on clear display with this release. Good luck with all this yall. Im just going to stick with nike retros until Gent is gone. I cant do it.

Last edited:
1582086813824.jpeg

Peep the price tag on these vachetta leather blazers. And theres more 100 dollar vachettas coming soon.

But im the ***hole for being slightly confused on why they cant act right with sneakers at a 200 dollar price point. Im so god damn sick of the if you want italian leather why you buying jordans horse****. You need to expect more for your money because at some point it just gets foolish and sad.

Im pretty sure I care more about this brand than Gentry does.
Pretty sure you remember Bin23s and the pinnacles. Yea they will give u the quality but never the colorways. They also charged the ridiculous premium for those too. It’s not easy justifying a $350-$450 purchase. In 02 17s were $200 when retros were 110(for 1s), 135 (for 2s -8s) and 150-160(10s-16s) at the most. At that time barely anyone could justify spending 200 on a Jordan. To give you the volume, quality suffers and we all know that. I’ll take the hit to get the amount of 11s we get now on a release than a super hype limited release of a shoe everyone wants but can’t have because Jordan brand gave us 50,000 pairs of 1:1 OG bred 1 retros. Og Jordan 2s we’re produced in Italy with magnificent leather panels and you will never see that again for a decent price with logical numbers.

Pretty sure you remember Bin23s and the pinnacles. Yea they will give u the quality but never the colorways. They also charged the ridiculous premium for those too. It’s not easy justifying a $350-$450 purchase. In 02 17s were $200 when retros were 110(for 1s), 135 (for 2s -8s) and 150-160(10s-16s) at the most. At that time barely anyone could justify spending 200 on a Jordan. To give you the volume, quality suffers and we all know that. I’ll take the hit to get the amount of 11s we get now on a release than a super hype limited release of a shoe everyone wants but can’t have because Jordan brand gave us 50,000 pairs of 1:1 OG bred 1 retros
Nope. Make less if you have to. Plastic shoes are just a waste of time. No one wouldve complained if they made less of these. Its abundantly evident that they made way too many. Get ready to be seeing these stupid things for the next year and a half as they try their best to get rid of them all.

Im not sure what the disconnect is here but its legit ridiculous that plastic leather is even on the menu at jordan brand. They charge a premium so the product should follow suit otherwise its just going to be seen as a joke. Jordan brand should equal quality as silly as that sounds considering the mind control they have everyone under. Crap materials shatter the brands image to the consumer. Gentry is more concerned about the current quarter and himself.

Nope. Make less if you have to. Plastic shoes are just a waste of time.

Im not sure what the disconnect is here but its legit ridiculous that plastic leather is even on the menu at jordan brand. They charge a premium so the product should follow suit otherwise its just going to be seen as a joke. Jordan brand should equal quality as silly as that sounds considering the mind control they have everyone under. Crap materials shatter the brands image to the consumer. Gentry is more concerned about the current quarter and himself.
They gouge us because idiots decided to start paying resale for subpar quality shoes. I don’t complain because it was way worst years ago and no matter the color way it sold out. Hypebeast became the norm and ppl started selling cars for shoes blame What the Dunks, pigeons, galaxy foams, and 2011 concord 11s. Once they saw what ppl were willing to pay for craptastic quality jordans why not raise the price $50 because ppl are willing to pay 250 for shoes we are selling for 150-160. On top of that why not make limited releases to stir up hype so ppl will buy consolation pairs. I’m not a fan of the tactics but I understand them. Gamma 11s and 2012 bred 11s were the worst quality 11s ever and ppl ate them up and paid crazy resale prices so why not make all 11s 220 and drop a million pairs. If the will pay 250-300 to randos why not pay us 220 and have more than enough to go around.
Jordan is a Lifestyle brand now. Ppl are buying the name or for nostalgic purposes. Team jordans and those horrible colorways are everywhere in the streets. The name sells The shoes at this point. Just like yeezy and their 7 same colored 350 that sell out every release.

Last edited:
They gouge us because idiots decided to start paying resale for subpar quality shoes. I don’t complain because it was way worst years ago and no matter the color way it sold out. Hypebeast became the norm and ppl started selling cars for shoes blame What the Dunks, pigeons, galaxy foams, and 2011 concord 11s. Once they saw what ppl were willing to pay for craptastic quality jordans why not raise the price $50 because ppl are willing to pay 250 for shoes we are selling for 150-160. On top of that why not make limited releases to stir up hype so ppl will buy consolation pairs. I’m not a fan of the tactics but I understand them. Gamma 11s and 2012 bred 11s were the worst quality 11s ever and ppl ate them up and paid crazy resale prices so why not make all 11s 220 and drop a million pairs. If the will pay 250-300 to randos why not pay us 220 and have more than enough to go around
Why push it and risk diminished consumer loyalty? The brand is cool until it isnt, theres nothing they can do about fads. But staying true to the product and offering consistent above avg quality will ensure the die hards remain so through thick and thin.

Im not sure why yall keep bringing up the first gentry era but we’re heading right towards that with shennanigans like these 3s. Its just going to be more stealth this round

Was out to just only redeem my 2 Of my $20 coupons for some socks today and ended up copping these for my lil one and I lol.... used 15% off mil disco on em....

44B6C3AD-8930-4D87-86C8-C88684984A80.jpeg
How’s the quality on those iversons. I picked up white and red answers on sale and was happy as hell.

Im just saying, its been a long while since a decent non collab release happened. Look what he did with the 1s. Leather tongue tags, glossy sbbs, reptile nutsack red na for somereason pine greens, just one cringey decision after another. He's horrible.

Crooked NA on the 4s for the one og release hes had. I didnt even bother with the 11s but im shocked to hear theyre the worst of the pack so far

Why push it and risk diminished consumer loyalty? The brand is cool until it isnt, theres nothing they can do about fads. But staying true to the product and offering consistent above avg quality will ensure the die hards remain so through thick and thin.

Im not sure why yall keep bringing up the first gentry era but we’re heading right towards that with shennanigans like these 3s. Its just going to be more stealth this round

you should be more mad about the horrible quality on satin 1 black toes that resold for 1200 first month with the worst quality panels ever. Jordans will be cool for the foreseeable future because we are like the 1 percent. Sneakerheads are not jordan brand, Nike or adidas main focus. Ppl who will camp 5 hours for 1 pair or own 100 pairs of OG colorways or hype pairs don’t matter in the big scheme. Getting the entire family to cop jordans because their jordans is the goal. We don’t buy everything, but living in NY the hood buys every colorway and flex them. They won’t have any heat but will have every general release they can touch to ”have the new jordans”.

Bottom line, if ppl want them they’ll buy them. Again, ymmv on QC on a super produce GR. This isn’t new or surprising. Not sure why y’all acting surprised and hurt.
Complainers saved the Jordan 11.....for that they can come in any thread and derail it
It's not about being surprised or hurt. It's about--to tonytobacco tonytobacco 's point--actually loving sneakers and wanting a good-quality product. Personally, I have passed on so many retros during the past 10-plus years because the crap they gave/still give us didn't give me the same feeling I had originally, or the feeling I was looking for with the retros. And that sucks the life out of the love for anyone who's not just buying these shoes because it's a trend or the "cool" thing to do/rock right now.
It's been hit or miss these past few years; some retros have been solid, some have been ****. The situation overall is definitely better than it was a few years back, but that's a supremely low bar and not a reason to just eat it, be happy with their antics, and pretend they're doing us a favor. They clearly HAVE paid attention to complaints. As mr z mr z noted, look at the XI. They had ****ed up that shoe so hard, it wasn't even the same shoe that was so bad-*** sick in the first place. If you think for one minute all the complaints about it here and elsewhere didn't result in change, you're nuts.
So the thing is, the loud, vocal "minority" can make things better. Not overnight, but it has happened. I hope it continues to happen. In the meantime, when we're dropping $200, give or take, on effing sneakers, at least try to give us a halfway quality product. Christ, I went through SEVEN pairs of orders and returns on the Chicago Uptempo '95s to finally get three halfway decent pairs. That's how much EYE love sneakers. But that shouldn't be necessary. This is 2020 ... putting some shoes together in a solid way shouldn't be difficult. Continue to accept garbage and we'll get garbage.

Last edited:
Im just saying, its been a long while since a decent non collab release happened. Look what he did with the 1s. Leather tongue tags, glossy sbbs, reptile nutsack red na for somereason pine greens, just one cringey decision after another. He's horrible.

Crooked NA on the 4s for the one og release hes had. I didnt even bother with the 11s but im shocked to hear theyre the worst of the pack so far

they aren’t for you lol. They aren’t targeting quality snobs or limited release only buyers. They target the dudes who see you in the heat then cop the pair that looks like it because u made them cool or Travis Scott made them want something like that. Mid 1s and mass Grs move because OW 1s OG colarway 1s and celebs who wear heat makes them desirable to the masses. If they didn’t move, numbers and releases would decrease even if they are sitting, yet that’s not the case.

I’ve read through the back and forth comments the last page or so, and all I can say is beauty lies in the eye of the beholder. I think they’re fly. And they’re the first AJ3 that I’m definitely snuggling up with since the 2001 run. My last AJ3 was the 2006 fire reds and I remember that was the moment I officially couldn’t do the 3 anymore, so seeing them shaped like this with the tongue tucked has me stoked. Buy what you like ultimately though :smile:

I’ve read through the back and forth comments the last page or so, and all I can say is beauty lies in the eye of the beholder. I think they’re fly. And they’re the first AJ3 that I’m definitely snuggling up with since the 2001 run. My last AJ3 was the 2006 fire reds and I remember that was the moment I officially couldn’t do the 3 anymore, so seeing them shaped like this with the tongue tucked has me stoked. Buy what you like ultimately though :smile:

that’s what I’m saying lol. Sneakerheads buy shoes because we actually like or care about them. HypebEast buy for the limited/clout factor. I’ve been into sneakers for as long as I can remember. OG Taxi 12s and Columbia 11s changed my life in 2nd grade and it’s been over ever since lol. I’ve copped through the good and bad times

It's not about being surprised or hurt. It's about--to tonytobacco tonytobacco 's point--actually loving sneakers and wanting a good-quality product. Personally, I have passed on so many retros during the past 10-plus years because the crap they gave/still give us didn't give me the same feeling I had originally, or the feeling I was looking for with the retros. And that sucks the life out of the love for anyone who's not just buying these shoes because it's a trend or the "cool" thing to do/rock right now.
It's been hit or miss these past few years; some retros have been solid, some have been ****. The situation overall is definitely better than it was a few years back, but that's a supremely low bar and not a reason to just eat it, be happy with their antics, and pretend they're doing us a favor. They clearly HAVE paid attention to complaints. As mr z mr z noted, look at the XI. The had ****ed up that shoe so hard, it wasn't even the same shoe that was so bad-*** sick in the first place. If you think for one minute all the complaints about it here and elsewhere didn't result in change, you're nuts.
So the thing is, the loud, vocal "minority" can make things better. Not overnight, but it has happened. I hope it continues to happen. In the meantime, when we're dropping $200, give or take, on effing sneakers, at least try to give us a halfway quality product. Christ, I went through SEVEN pairs of orders and returns on the Chicago Uptempo '95s to finally get three halfway decent pairs. That's how much EYE love sneakers. But that shouldn't be necessary. This is 2020 ... putting some shoes together in a solid way shouldn't be difficult. Continue to accept garbage and we'll get garbage.
It’s the same garbage comments from these people who just accept anything from Jordan Brand and refuse to accept that Jordan Brand keeps charging more but it’s quality is lacking...for the most part. A few they do a good job, but more often than not they give us subpar quality and build. I guess I expect more from them because I know what they USED to release. I owned OG 1’s and 3’s etc., I know and see how they are cutting corners and not living up to the slogan, “quality inspired by the greatest player ever.” They are definitely not living up to that anymore and one person I do blame for that is Gentry. It has been worse since he has returned. Those Pine Green 1’s are cringe worthy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom