Air Jordan III Retro - Varsity Red/Cement Grey/Black-Varsity Red (All Star 2020)

Unfortunately the demographic that reqlly appreciates this isnt getting any younger. 4-5 years is a lot for us

This is why I'm not passing on anything OG right now.. I'm not that old (IMO) but I cant wait years into the mysterious future when I'm getting older. Doing this song and dance with all these retros 5-7 years from now may not be feasible.

I can chase 2-3 remakes but chasing all 1's, 3's, 4's, 5's, 6's, 11's, all over again seems like a stretch once I start having a family, house, all that kind of stuff.

This is why I'm not passing on anything OG right now.. I'm not that old (IMO) but I cant wait years into the mysterious future when I'm getting older. Doing this song and dance with all these retros 5-7 years from now may not be feasible.

I can chase 2-3 remakes but chasing all 1's, 3's, 4's, 5's, 6's, 11's, all over again seems like a stretch once I start having a family, house, all that kind of stuff.
I think I may be a few years older than you. But your comment hits home for sure. We all been wanting for years that near perfect true to OG release of whatever shoe. I look at what I have and tell myself, no way can I do this ALL OVER AGAIN, at times. I now am in the phase of picking and choosing my spots. I have certain models I will NOT pass up if they come back totally correct. But others I have learned to sell on let go if you get me here.

EP is still high as hell
MJ pair here from the All-Star game has higher elephant printer compared to other OG colours
CD222BDD-0854-454E-93F2-1DBA4620CF64.png

Looks like they fixed the toebox but I can’t really tell yet. Anyways, this cw looks like fakes. I’ll continue to wait for a proper WC

Overall toe box is a lot slimmer and aerodynamic like the OGs as well. JB must have took that guy “hoop fresh”s (or whatever his name is) customs’ personal. Too bad they wasted all that effort on such a blah cw.

I also did hear that JB plans to rework all retros starting with the 1s, so expect the finer details. I still wouldn’t hold my breath lol

This actually makes sense-in 2015, they used the “remastered” excuse to push retail prices to $190 but, hilariously, back then online reselling was like the Wild West since Nike/JB were not producing GRs in the quantities they are today (and good money could be made on GRs) and there was no marketplace like StockX/GOAT to essentially set online resell prices for shoes (eBay existed but is obviously nowhere near as streamlined for reselling as StockX/GOAT). Selling another retail price increase is therefore harder for Nike/JB nowadays so they REALLY are going to have to rely on Gentry to pull out all the gimmicks (I.e. “we found these Tinker samples hidden in our vault”, “this AJ 7 cw is based on MJ’s 2nd championship cake”,“the shape is as close to the OG as possible”) to sell another across-the-board, price increase like this again.

Two pairs. That weekend is gonna be a fun one. The game is in Chicago so JB has to come with some heat both on feet and off feet.

I think I may be a few years older than you. But your comment hits home for sure. We all been wanting for years that near perfect true to OG release of whatever shoe. I look at what I have and tell myself, no way can I do this ALL OVER AGAIN, at times. I now am in the phase of picking and choosing my spots. I have certain models I will NOT pass up if they come back totally correct. But others I have learned to sell on let go if you get me here.

I feel you. That’s why I been doubling/tripling up on og colorways. I can see it becoming like post 2011 Concord XI release - 2015 again.

Back
Top Bottom