Air Jordan III - WHITE/CEMENT GREY/BLACK/FIRE RED - 136064-105 - SPRING 2011

Originally Posted by Mikkol109

Originally Posted by dts939

wow haven't been on NT in a minute! its nice to be back lol.
anyways, any pairs left for RETAIL in brooklyn, particularly near fort greene?

Stock locator is your best friend.
well im not even from  brooklyn but my brother is going to be there tomorrow. If i go to my local foot locker (which is completely sold out), i can ask them to do a store locate and they will ship to my house?? 
thanks i do appreciate it 

Hey guys,
BEWARE OF MENTALKICKS.COM

I just compared the shoes they sent me to a pair that I picked up @ Niketown and there are some major differences.

1) The box from Mentalkicks.com is bigger than NT's
2) The stitching underneath the sole is RED not white (as seen in the video of the 03 and 11 comparison)
3) The toe box is wider and the shoe seems shorter
4) The leather panel above the sole of the shoe is a lot smoother/shiny than Niketown's
5) The air bubble shape is different
6) The cement area on the toe is thicker than NT's.
7) and a few other small details that I've noticed...

Fortunately I was able to compare the two shoes and from here on out, I will not be purchasing from Mentalkicks.com.
They claim that they do not sell fakes or variants, they're on the legit list of sites, but in my opinion that's false. I've contacted them about this issue but I wanted to make you guys aware of it in case any of you ordered from them.

For those of you who ordered from Mentalkicks.com, please do yourself a favor and double check them with a pair that's been purchased from the US.

These probably wont show up in the stock locate for a few weeks. I tried to stock locate the flints close to 2 weeks after the release date and they weren't in the system yet.

well im not even from  brooklyn but my brother is going to be there tomorrow. If i go to my local foot locker (which is completely sold out), i can ask them to do a store locate and they will ship to my house?? 
I asked my ftl and they said they a lot of stores wont ship them out for a little while with hopes to still sell them in their area 
tired.gif

copped my pair around 4pm yesterday - easy cop

tried on my true size and they were way too big....went 1/2 sz down and they fit perfectly

not true to size imo

rolled through the local mall this morning to see if i could get my 2nd pair.  all gone, but saw a guy returning a pair of cg xis so i bought those instead.

Originally Posted by kmn2008

I asked my ftl and they said they a lot of stores wont ship them out for a little while with hopes to still sell them in their area 
tired.gif

try FNL, they will ship

Originally Posted by KingRamey

what is stock locator?

its a system that stores like footlocker and champs use to order shoes that are not available in store. They check all the inventory of the stores in the nation and if anyone has it, they ship it to you for like 2 or 3 dollars i think.

Originally Posted by dtb00201

These probably wont show up in the stock locate for a few weeks. I tried to stock locate the flints close to 2 weeks after the release date and they weren't in the system yet.

Yup, I had to wait 2 weeks so I could stock locate the white/red 13's.

Originally Posted by monday22

copped my pair around 4pm yesterday - easy cop

tried on my true size and they were way too big....went 1/2 sz down and they fit perfectly

not true to size imo
I also went a half size down on my pair I purchased today.

I had a basketball game I had to coach on Friday so I missed the online release. There are no stores within 1.5 hours of drive and it was my daughters 1st birthday party today. I ended up calling my old spot in the 605. Not only did he have my size he even offered to hold them for me. I had my brother-in-law go and pick them up for me and he'll ship them out for me tomorrow. Not a hard get, just had to be a little resourceful.

Yeah I could definitely go down a 1/2 size. The bad thing is my right foot is a lot smaller than my left foot which makes it all that much worse especially with the precrease. Just put one pair on in the house and can tell I'm going to have to stuff the front. Not sure I have the energy to run around looking for 2 more pair.

what is stock locator?

its a system that stores like footlocker and champs use to order shoes that are not available in store. They check all the inventory of the stores in the nation and if anyone has it, they ship it to you for like 2 or 3 dollars i think.
Interesting. So for instance, if I wanted a pair of flint XIII (
nerd.gif
), I would go to a footlocker and ask for a stock locator hook up? 

Originally Posted by ButchasJAYZ

Bought mine yesterday morning. got home and took a look at them, and what do I see? A knife slit mark on the side of the upper. I will post pics later on.

Quality on 1 of my pairs has flaws i cant justify spending $150 for so they are going back to FNL tomorrow 
frown.gif

Hopefully my pairs from NDC is a different story. 

Two things:

I just got off the phone with footlocker and the guy told me lots of people are canceling orders so the chances if you missed out to cop them still is very likely. 

Secondly I just copped this jacket today to match these and the CDP III's 
6f7162373f0ed9f4a162497cdf6db0b647bcae4c.jpg

what is stock locator?

nerd.gif
I think so. But a lot of times a retro may be unavailable because everywhere has sold out. or they might need some type of number to even process the order.

They used to call it sku-finder. They type in the sku and if anywhere in the nation has the shoes they can ship them straight to your house. The only bad thing is that if it is something that is low on inventory, you will occasionally get your order canceled and get a refund.

what is stock locator?

nerd.gif
I think so. But a lot of times a retro may be unavailable because everywhere has sold out. or they might need some type of number to even process the order.
Sweet. Thanks for the info 
pimp.gif

what is stock locator?

nerd.gif
Theoretically, it should work, but a lot of the stores just won't allow those type of orders to go through.  If they see one come up, they'll usually just mark that pair as sold or something, and you'll have to go through the hassle of getting a refund and waiting for it to clear.  I have heard of HARDLY any success stories actually stock locating a pair of highly sought after shoes, but be our guest to try.

what is stock locator?

nerd.gif
Sweet. Thanks for the info 
pimp.gif
no problem. I would double check tho, i got this info from my boy who used to work at champs.

Originally Posted by WhatisLove

what is stock locator?

nerd.gif
Theoretically, it should work, but a lot of the stores just won't allow those type of orders to go through.  If they see one come up, they'll usually just mark that pair as sold or something, and you'll have to go through the hassle of getting a refund and waiting for it to clear.  I have heard of HARDLY any success stories actually stock locating a pair of highly sought after shoes, but be our guest to try.
Damn. 
ohwell.gif

Completely harshed my mellow 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by WhatisLove

what is stock locator?

nerd.gif

yeap, especially a jordan cause the store is losing out on that money and the shoe would sell regardless.

The locator function is nice like if you want a pair of all white AF 1's or something and you are not in an area that stocks them. Any shoe that isn't a hugely popular or highly sought after release is pretty easy to get with the locator function. The nice thing about it too is that it works on clothing too. So if say FL is having a sale or F&F sale but they don't have your size in something, they can locate it and ship it you.

BTW....I used to work for FL and at an outlet store and we located tons of stuff that we got in but not in our size.

Originally Posted by cdub1012

Hey guys,
BEWARE OF MENTALKICKS.COM

I just compared the shoes they sent me to a pair that I picked up @ Niketown and there are some major differences.

1) The box from Mentalkicks.com is bigger than NT's
2) The stitching underneath the sole is RED not white (as seen in the video of the 03 and 11 comparison)
3) The toe box is wider and the shoe seems shorter
4) The leather panel above the sole of the shoe is a lot smoother/shiny than Niketown's
5) The air bubble shape is different
6) The cement area on the toe is thicker than NT's.
7) and a few other small details that I've noticed...

Fortunately I was able to compare the two shoes and from here on out, I will not be purchasing from Mentalkicks.com.
They claim that they do not sell fakes or variants, they're on the legit list of sites, but in my opinion that's false. I've contacted them about this issue but I wanted to make you guys aware of it in case any of you ordered from them.

For those of you who ordered from Mentalkicks.com, please do yourself a favor and double check them with a pair that's been purchased from the US.

take some pics...i wanna see

Back
Top Bottom