Air Jordan III - WHITE/CEMENT GREY/BLACK/FIRE RED - 136064-105 - SPRING 2011

Yo! Was looking at my III's today and I thought to myself; With the availability of these cement III's, how long will it take for someone to customize a pair and make them look like the Katrina III's? Not a bad idea if you ask me. I may be willing to try, but my customizing skills may not be good enough to do an excellent job. (Such as with the Varsity Red VI's that got customized to September Blue or whatever it's actually called.) Anyway...what do y'all think?...Anyone up for the challenge?

25qfy83.jpg

Layaway + Employee discount = 
pimp.gif

Obviously copped the shoes and I got two things to go with it...

Jordan-Good-Things-Come-in-Threes-Mens-T-Shirt-404281_100_A.png

404463-100zoom1.jpg

3 weeks and this will be mine to wear
pimp.gif
Probably won't un-DS until summer though with this ****ty Northeast PA weather.

Originally Posted by Sneak King

Yo! Was looking at my III's today and I thought to myself; With the availability of these cement III's, how long will it take for someone to customize a pair and make them look like the Katrina III's? Not a bad idea if you ask me. I may be willing to try, but my customizing skills may not be good enough to do an excellent job. (Such as with the Varsity Red VI's that got customized to September Blue or whatever it's actually called.) Anyway...what do y'all think?...Anyone up for the challenge?

25qfy83.jpg

here are some custom's I did back in 03 of my 03's. this was my custom fire-reds before they came out.  I would of never thought they would of actually considered this color.  i added some gray towards the end of the project.

^Interesting. When you did those, what color red did you use and what type of paint was that? Furthermore, for the tongue and underlay, did you use acetone first or did you just paint over the white?

Originally Posted by senor chang

Originally Posted by cdub1012

Hey guys,
BEWARE OF MENTALKICKS.COM

I just compared the shoes they sent me to a pair that I picked up @ Niketown and there are some major differences.

1) The box from Mentalkicks.com is bigger than NT's
2) The stitching underneath the sole is RED not white (as seen in the video of the 03 and 11 comparison)
3) The toe box is wider and the shoe seems shorter
4) The leather panel above the sole of the shoe is a lot smoother/shiny than Niketown's
5) The air bubble shape is different
6) The cement area on the toe is thicker than NT's.
7) and a few other small details that I've noticed...

Fortunately I was able to compare the two shoes and from here on out, I will not be purchasing from Mentalkicks.com.
They claim that they do not sell fakes or variants, they're on the legit list of sites, but in my opinion that's false. I've contacted them about this issue but I wanted to make you guys aware of it in case any of you ordered from them.

For those of you who ordered from Mentalkicks.com, please do yourself a favor and double check them with a pair that's been purchased from the US.

take some pics...i wanna see

I'm in the process of taking some very detailed shots. The box is even a different size!Stay tuned for pics.

^^^^
The paint is liquitex...Professional Acrylic Artist Color.  I just painted over the white on the inside.  here is the key.  I diluted the paint with water and did several light coats.  what this allows is the paint to seep through the cloth in order to soak from the bottom up.  This prevents from the look of actual paint on top but more natural.  Notice the heel how the holes aren't filled in.  If it was solid due to the paint being too thick, it would look very much painted.  The dilution process really helps get the natural look.  Dont know if what I just described makes sense, but I cant literally paint the stitching on the toe white for a fresh new look without the look of globs of paint sticking to it.

^Cool man...Thanks for the tips! I think I'd just go for the midsole on the heel and call it a day. Now it's just about matching the color properly!

^^i'm curious to know more about mentalkicks.com - i've bought a pair of kicks from mental therapy years ago...those seemed legit...

keep us posted...

Originally Posted by create24chaos

Originally Posted by Sneak King

25qfy83.jpg

here are some custom's I did back in 03 of my 03's. this was my custom fire-reds before they came out.  I would of never thought they would of actually considered this color.  i added some gray towards the end of the project.

those customs are excellent

I might try and buy a pair of beater III's just so I can try and practice that custom paint job. That is ridiculous. I like it more and more the more I see it. Great job.

Originally Posted by iHust1e

Elephant printed socks?

Come on man

If you go in a nice house you are most likely going to take your shoes off, so why not have some cool socks on to still go with your other clothing. Everyone always is quick to say something is overdone but
if someone likes the idea, then who cares. They cost fifty cents more than what the tax would have cost me if I had not ordered my shoes from Eastbay.

Originally Posted by lildawgryan

Originally Posted by iHust1e

Elephant printed socks?

Come on man

If you go in a nice house you are most likely going to take your shoes off, so why not have some cool socks on to still go with your other clothing. Everyone always is quick to say something is overdone but
if someone likes the idea, then who cares. They cost fifty cents more than what the tax would have cost me if I had not ordered my shoes from Eastbay.

Oh you didn't hear? Your only allowed to buy what NT members tell you to buy with your money... 
laugh.gif

Dope socks bro. 

Originally Posted by WhatisLove

Originally Posted by kmn2008

Originally Posted by KingRamey

Originally Posted by kmn2008

Originally Posted by KingRamey

what is stock locator?

its a system that stores like footlocker and champs use to order shoes that are not available in store. They check all the inventory of the stores in the nation and if anyone has it, they ship it to you for like 2 or 3 dollars i think.
Interesting. So for instance, if I wanted a pair of flint XIII (
nerd.gif
), I would go to a footlocker and ask for a stock locator hook up? 
I think so. But a lot of times a retro may be unavailable because everywhere has sold out. or they might need some type of number to even process the order.
Theoretically, it should work, but a lot of the stores just won't allow those type of orders to go through.  If they see one come up, they'll usually just mark that pair as sold or something, and you'll have to go through the hassle of getting a refund and waiting for it to clear.  I have heard of HARDLY any success stories actually stock locating a pair of highly sought after shoes, but be our guest to try.
Well what often can happen is say a pair got stolen or mismatched (9 left, 9.5 right) it's still going to show on the books for that store, even though they don't have it/can't sell it.  An experienced manager would know how to adjust their inventory to reflect it, but many either don't know how, are too lazy too or, worst, don't even know the shoes are missing.  But a large percentage of cancelled orders come from it maybe being 1 size left on the shoe in a company and it's an employee hold, so it gets No Stocked and customer is up the creek.

For FTL/FTA/Champs you can go into the store and ask them to stock locate an item.  It is $2.00 shipping, no matter how many items you order.  Release date shoes generally have wait two weeks after the drop before it's active.  Hotter the shoe, less likely you'll be able to locate but anything's possible.  Have the UPC (number under the barcode) with you or the company's sku just in case the store doesn't have it.  You can visit this thread if you need an assist with a sku or upc  OFFICIAL: SKU THREAD PLEASE POST SKU #'s HERE NIKE/FTL/FTA/CHAMPS FOR ALL TO ENJOY

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

http://niketalk.com/topic/223042[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

Back
Top Bottom