Air Jordan III - WHITE/CEMENT GREY/BLACK/FIRE RED - 136064-105 - SPRING 2011

Originally Posted by d e beatup

Originally Posted by WhatisLove

Originally Posted by kmn2008

Originally Posted by KingRamey

Originally Posted by kmn2008

Originally Posted by KingRamey

what is stock locator?

its a system that stores like footlocker and champs use to order shoes that are not available in store. They check all the inventory of the stores in the nation and if anyone has it, they ship it to you for like 2 or 3 dollars i think.
Interesting. So for instance, if I wanted a pair of flint XIII (
nerd.gif
), I would go to a footlocker and ask for a stock locator hook up? 
I think so. But a lot of times a retro may be unavailable because everywhere has sold out. or they might need some type of number to even process the order.
Theoretically, it should work, but a lot of the stores just won't allow those type of orders to go through.  If they see one come up, they'll usually just mark that pair as sold or something, and you'll have to go through the hassle of getting a refund and waiting for it to clear.  I have heard of HARDLY any success stories actually stock locating a pair of highly sought after shoes, but be our guest to try.
Well what often can happen is say a pair got stolen or mismatched (9 left, 9.5 right) it's still going to show on the books for that store, even though they don't have it/can't sell it.  An experienced manager would know how to adjust their inventory to reflect it, but many either don't know how, are too lazy too or, worst, don't even know the shoes are missing.  But a large percentage of cancelled orders come from it maybe being 1 size left on the shoe in a company and it's an employee hold, so it gets No Stocked and customer is up the creek.

For FTL/FTA/Champs you can go into the store and ask them to stock locate an item.  It is $2.00 shipping, no matter how many items you order.  Release date shoes generally have wait two weeks after the drop before it's active.  Hotter the shoe, less likely you'll be able to locate but anything's possible.  Have the UPC (number under the barcode) with you or the company's sku just in case the store doesn't have it.  You can visit this thread if you need an assist with a sku or upc  OFFICIAL: SKU THREAD PLEASE POST SKU #'s HERE NIKE/FTL/FTA/CHAMPS FOR ALL TO ENJOY

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

http://niketalk.com/topic/223042[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]
A store that ships a pair of shoes to another store because of the stock locate feature will not make the same profit had the store that shipped the shoes sold the same pair of shoes to its own customer. Because of this, popular releases may not be honored through the stock locate feature. The stock locate feature is to generate sales that would have not been generated had the items been unavailable to certain customers.

those socks are cool... i still want to cop the cool gray socks actually... how much they run you btw?

Originally Posted by you go boy

those socks are cool... i still want to cop the cool gray socks actually... how much they run you btw?

socks were $8.00 but they usually always have buy one get on half off on all socks at Champs

Originally Posted by lildawgryan

Originally Posted by you go boy

socks were $8.00 but they usually always have buy one get on half off on all socks at Champs
They didn't at your Champs? The Champs near me took away the Buy One, Get One Half Off for a few weeks, and I guess sales got slow and they brought it back. Got these and a pair of black/purple to go with my grapes last week.

OK, went to the mall today with no intent to find these. I strolled in Champs and they had 3 size 13's. Then i checked out Footlocker and grabbed the last size 12. These dropped Friday Midnite and i was still able to cop'em on Sunday. I think folks are gettin broke from last years releases. Especially after a Retro 11 Cool Grey release last month. Contemplating on the playoff 13's coming up......

Originally Posted by JumpmanPro97

phew I hit up the nearest footlocker in my area (Sylmar, CA) the opened early 8am (I got there around 7:20am) at least 7-8 people in line. But I came out with the last pair in my size phew sucks for the 10 people behind me they ended up not getting anything at all.

Jeez, that's right by my house. You should've gone to Northridge, but at least you got them.

Nevermind about the restock. Just checked again and size 9 to10.5 sold out again.
tired.gif
. That didn't last long. sizes 8, 8.5 & 11 and up still available.

Im deployed in the Middle East. I wonder if i can order off the UK site? I know they had cool greys still available for awhile...
Ima try it out
EDIT:

FSR In these and Cool Grey XI on the UK site.

Im gonna see if i cant get them shipped to me. I know the US site ships to APOs so I don't see why the UK wouldn't.

From the turn out on release date I wonder if JB will re-think releasing the black cement III's if they ever did plan on re-releasing them.

Originally Posted by JordanFan04

Returned my size 11 for a 10.5 and they fit perfect. 
lucky, did you call before you returned?
im a 10 but got a 10.5 because 10's sold out
frown.gif

Originally Posted by AEA18

From the turn out on release date I wonder if JB will re-think releasing the black cement III's if they ever did plan on re-releasing them.
I don't know where you're from but out here in Cali they are damn near sold out in the common sizes(9-12)... Profit wise I'm sure JB did real GOOD with this release and they won't hesitate to drop the Black Cements if they had to... 

You do realize that it only costs about $10-$15 to manufacture a Nike/JB shoe right??? And Nike/JB is turning around and selling them for $80-$100 a pop to retailers and $150 at their own stores.  So even if some pairs are sitting on shelves Nike/JB will never take a "loss" on anything.

Did anyone else notice that according to the booklet these have 2 AIR bags? But one Eastbay.com they only mention a heel AIR unit.

Same with the Air Max 90 and Trainer SC retros. The Originals had 2 AIR units. But the retros only have a Heel AIR bag.

Why is that? Cheapness?

I can not find those elephant print socks anywhere..if anybody could pick me up a pair please let me know..I am Paypal verified

Originally Posted by ejpeg

Did anyone else notice that according to the booklet these have 2 AIR bags? But one Eastbay.com they only mention a heel AIR unit.

Same with the Air Max 90 and Trainer SC retros. The Originals had 2 AIR units. But the retros only have a Heel AIR bag.

Why is that? Cheapness?
if im not mistaken, the retros have two air bags too. if they didnt, the forefoot of the shoe would feel alot flatter and you'd be able to feel rocks beneath your feet.

Originally Posted by 430AM

I don't know where you're from but out here in Cali they are damn near sold out in the common sizes(9-12)... Profit wise I'm sure JB did real GOOD with this release and they won't hesitate to drop the Black Cements if they had to... 

You do realize that it only costs about $10-$15 to manufacture a Nike/JB shoe right??? And Nike/JB is turning around and selling them for $80-$100 a pop to retailers and $150 at their own stores.  So even if some pairs are sitting on shelves Nike/JB will never take a "loss" on anything.

True but look what happened with the anniversary jordans they stop making them because the sales weren't that great if JB thinks there is no demand for a shoe they most likely will not release. 

Originally Posted by 430AM

True but look what happened with the anniversary jordans they stop making them because the sales weren't that great if JB thinks there is no demand for a shoe they most likely will not release. 

Anniversary Jordans and Black/Cement III's are two different beasts. Black Cement III's are coveted by many people. They carried the III/XX CDP. They might produce less numbers of the Black/Cements, but I doubt they scrap it totally. But then again, they are JB. They do some random stuff...

Back
Top Bottom