Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

I wore my OG pair in 9th grade in 1989 so much that I wore a hole in the sole and my big toe would stick out. I played ball every day in them. My dad worked at a rubber factory , and he took them to work and tried to make a new sole to cover up the hole. Didn't work :-( I was devastated. I loved those shoes so much, and was so mad that I missed them in 1999. Plesae Please Please JB come correct with these like you did the Black/Metalic V's. This is the GOAT of all SHOES!!!!!! AND THE GREY LACE HOLDERS BETTER MATCH THE GREY ON THE OUTSOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8B1CBE37-77E0-4D88-929A-E3D02BA3E646.jpeg

I always imagine how awesome it would have been to have this collection of 3s and 4s back in 1988/1988 when I was in junior high. I only had the BC3s and fire red 4s back then.

Attachments

• F031ACF6-8F2F-4E31-BC9F-AD43975C35D9.jpeg
    F031ACF6-8F2F-4E31-BC9F-AD43975C35D9.jpeg
    318.9 KB · Views: 23
Whatever type of plastic they used for the last retro on the waffle tabs , I really hope they dont use on these. The last time they yellowed within a yr. & thats with extensive storage methods.

8B1CBE37-77E0-4D88-929A-E3D02BA3E646.jpeg

I always imagine how awesome it would have been to have this collection of 3s and 4s back in 1988/1988 when I was in junior high. I only had the BC3s and fire red 4s back then.
Orangeman is there a system to your shoe set up? Little ocd man got some of the same shoes on different shelves. My *** would have them all grouped together. Lol

At what point did JB improve midsole quality? I've read that they last longer, and the paint holds up better.

These were a true disgrace. The new retro will definitely be better but hopefully they’ll be nothing like this last release.
This sums up what this thread is all about. I really felt like Jordan brand ripped us off in 2012. The 4s were nothing like that junk in 1989. I vividly remember.

My infareds 3s in 2014 still holding up. No chipping or cracking issues. So I think during that run with the powder blues

I hope they use the materials used on the black Motorsport 4 aside from the leather of course

I do not accept this premise.

changes in open/closed cell poly/foam is not necessarily an improvement especially regarding comfort
generally, the ogs were the most comfortable

the more recent midsoles have been hurting my feet more than ever to be honest :ohwell:
age could be a factor tho :ohwell:

I should have said:
"Regarding the garbage JB has made after the 2003 WC3, have they managed to figure out how to paint the midsoles without them cracking?"

Last edited:
This sums up what this thread is all about. I really felt like Jordan brand ripped us off in 2012. The 4s were nothing like that junk in 1989. I vividly remember.
Thats how JB keeps dudes in the game. Talking bout old molds not coming back and the sleeker shape was because of the times.. honestly tho the sleeker kicks would match these slim jeans times better.

Back
Top Bottom