Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

ehh, the problem in this particular situation is this brand is built on one mans legacy. Its only good as long as he stays correct. I cant think of another example of this kind of responsibility in a corporate sense. Your entire stock is constantly at risk should Jordan decide to suddenly pull a Cosby or something somewhere down the line. The JB domino would most certainly tip the Nike one. Fingers crossed i guess

Jordan Brand has been in decline for the last few years. What has Nike stock done? Gone up 60% in the last 4 years. Owning Nike does not mean owning Jordan Brand exclusively. Do you think the people responsible for a $130B market cap would put all their eggs in one basket like that? Nike owns a handful of brands. I don't need investment advice. Anyway, it's only one company, tiny part of my portfolio man. I just like to own what I spend money on.

6B50DA4C-D979-417B-BBF4-73531DAC8362.png Holy moly
18k waiting in line lol
Seriously 18K?
:lol: demand is there

Jordan Brand has been in decline for the last few years. What has Nike stock done? Gone up 60% in the last 4 years. Owning Nike does not mean owning Jordan Brand exclusively. Do you think the people responsible for a $130B market cap would put all their eggs in one basket like that? Nike owns a handful of brands. I don't need investment advice. Anyway, it's only one company, tiny part of my portfolio man. I just like to own what I spend money on.
interesting, i wasnt aware

also, wasnt really advice, just a drummed up thought. easy on the sass bud

Maybe I got a good pair of WCs, but the toe on mine is slanted back, compared to these that are clearly almost starting off vertical.
Interesting. I can't remember what my worn (maybe 30 times ever in three years, which is nothing) pair looked like out of the box, but when you look at them now directly from the side, the toe box couldn't be any more straight and flat ...

keep in mind some people seemed to have gotten a bad shape on these. I see the lower cut being posted more often than not. I was dreading that showing up so much. The proper higher cut version is extremely satisfying in hand.

It seems like its kind of like with air max 1swhere sometimes you get the old shape and sometimes its the anniversary shape. The last pair i got a couple months ago (the black and gray ones with the white swoosh) had both in one box. cliff toe on the right, slanted and formed perfect on the left. Looked like two different shoes in the same colorway.
... and then there's this, too. Good point. Yeah, I too have noticed many pics posted where the rands look lower than they do in other pics, and on the pair I have from the shock drop, which I am happy with in that regard. Always a lottery with different pairs these days. One of my pairs of navy 11 lows has what I call good "patent" height all around. Another pair, in the forefoot curve down toward the midsole, is significantly lower. I ordered another pair to swap them with, and that pair's patent (snakeskin) cut falls between the two. So I have one high, one low, and one medium. The lowest pair is going back.

Oh yeah, and these blow the white cements completely away shape wise

they almost resemble basketball shoes again
That's what I see when I compare them to my WCs. Maybe it's just my eyes LOL

The difference is that your definition of "better" means closer to the OG. It's just a different priority than other people here man. Some people are looking at overall quality. Don't be so baffled about it all. It's just a difference in opinion.
Understood, believe me. Obviously I like the WCs, otherwise I wouldn't have two pairs. Personally I just don't see this big difference in overall quality between the two. Obviously the WCs have real leather, which is objectively "better." But in terms of just about everything else as far as fit and finish, proportions, shape, whatever--and those items are part of overall quality in MY book--I like the BCs more, at least the specific pair I have. But yes, for sure, all personal opinion to a large degree.

White cements arriving tomorrow! My body is ready definitely not easy locating those in a 12.5 for a decent price DS

Fed Ex and Nike says it was supposed to be here today. Fed Ex tracking says it departed from Memphis today. Lol never lucky with this stuff.

yeah youre right, i just remembered them having fumes pouring out of that ring hole on the box lol

This smell on the bc4 is definitely familiar, 2015 keeps popping up in my head. maybe it was the bordeauxs
Is it as bad as the WC3’s with the N/A? I could open that box right now and it would over power the closet, I love that glue smell but that one is to much!

Ok, so that's 1. Nobody is saying its guaranteed. No stock is guaranteed. But about 75% of the limited collabs double in 6-12 months. That's a much better % than stocks.

Well it's two pairs actually.

Let's make this fun. I'll take the TS1. You pick any stock you want. We'll go 9 months. Whoever has the best % gain gets $100.

I'll do this: take the TS1 and write down the stockx price on the global release date. I'll give you 12 months and bet you it won't double by then. You're the one who said "75% of the limited collabs double in 6-12 months" and you're picking the TS1s so I'll give you that.

I'll do this: take the TS1 and write down the stockx price on the global release date. I'll give you 12 months and bet you it won't double by then. You're the one who said "75% of the limited collabs double in 6-12 months" and you're picking the TS1s so I'll give you that.
I didnt say release day. I'll pick a day a week after release when they dip. If you allow that, we have a $100 bet.

*handshake*

KAWS Jordans were a good investment if you ask me. Just had to know when to sell

A99530A2-E92E-48D7-B2EE-DB295914F709.png

Also, can you include me in on that bet. My money is on the TS1 doubling in value 12 months after the official global release.

Last edited:
I didnt say release day. I'll pick a day a week after release when they dip. If you allow that, we have a $100 bet.

*handshake*

Yep, pick any day within a week after release, using stockx "last sale" prices, we can dm each other once a month or something to keep tab on prices. Price on the day 12 months after your selected date is the amount decided on.

$100.

*hand shake*

Edit: sorry I just read you said "a day a week after release". How long do you want after release to pick a day?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom