Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

Big dog rockin them jorts like he just don't give a funk!!!!:pimp:
If jeans/denim is timeless, how does this not also apply to denim shorts (i refuse to acknowledge the term "jorts" 🤢🤮)? This never made sense and will never. This is all in your mind. Denim shorts have never gone out of style, ever. The only thing that matters is how long, short or baggy they are. Only on NT has this utter ridiculousness been perpetuated. 🤦🏾‍♂️

If jeans/denim is timeless, how does this not also apply to denim shorts (i refuse to acknowledge the term "jorts" 🤢🤮)? This never made sense and will never. This is all in your mind. Denim shorts have never gone out of style, ever. The only thing that matters is how long, short or baggy they are. Only on NT has this utter ridiculousness been perpetuated. 🤦🏾‍♂️
I'm with you, I never stopped wearing them.

BUT

I think it's bigger than NT, I think it's an internet thing because I've had friends all over ask why I still wear them. Maybe just certain corners of the internet.

I made a post about it in the Hip Hop thread, but I was basically advised to stop wearing them. This was back in 2009.

I've fallen victim to it I guess.
I think they started saying they went out around 2006-2007. Basically when the tall-tee and jersey era was over or around there.

y’all ain’t got 1 pair of the tight jean shorts that aren’t baggy?
Are they considered cut off jeans? :lol:

Finally copped the 2019s... $360 and it was only worn a couple times. I was able to unload my DS 2012 pair on GOAT for a really good price. Allowed me to pay off the 2019s and was still able to pocket some $$$.

sold my worn once TTS pair for $420. Only wore them once because my pinky toe was dying from how tight it was in the toebox. I figure these should retro again in a few years.

Everyone's style is different. With jorts the only people that really care if you wear them are those online who would never be bold enough to actually get in your face for wearing them. The anonymity of the internet gives a lot of people guts that they really don't have.

I get what you're saying.

However, if you post your fit on a forum, you gotta be prepared for the good and the bad.

Seeing cats wit weak fits in the wild is the norm, so of course you not goin to run up on someone and tell them they fit weak, because you'll be doing that all damn day.

On a forum, you open yourself up for criticism once you make that post though.

I tried to tell y'all, but you just didn't listen. Y'all think I like talkin' about this subject, but I don't. I absolutely LOATHE doing it. The 2019, is straight up disrespectul to the 1999 release. Hell in my HONEST opinion, The ONLY thing the 2019's have on the 1999's, is the material of the netting. It looks REAL cheap on the 1999's.

Anyways, ANYTIME ANYONE posts these pics...

air-jordan-original-4-black-cement-grey.jpg

1854130_orig.jpg
3438597_orig.jpg
4895125_orig.jpg
6820423_orig.jpg
Air-Jordan-4-Black-Cement-1989-vs-2019.jpg

1362713678_black-kid-crying-tear.gif

They ALWAYS DAMN NEAR, bring TEARS to me eyes....

|l|l|l|l|l|l|l
The 99 and OG just look so much better. Sold my 2019 breds by the way. Don't even miss them. And for the lightning to look so good having only released a couple years later makes it worse. I wish they would have dropped the lightnings in 2019. They would have been much better received and what they did to the 2019 bred to make them fall short are actually improvements to the og lightnings (no banana shape, correct netting, heel bump, etc.) Nike and JB would have been praised for resurrecting the lightning in better form and we could have got the black cement/bred 4s in 2021 in the mold/construction that was applied to the lightnings. Missed opportunity. Hindsight is 2020 though I guess....🤷🏿‍♂️

I'm with you, I never stopped wearing them.

BUT

I think it's bigger than NT, I think it's an internet thing because I've had friends all over ask why I still wear them. Maybe just certain corners of the internet.

Wear whatever you want to. Some people will dig it, some people will diss it, most people won't care. As long as you good you good. Most sneakerheads have no style/basic style at best and copy cat style at worst. Definitely not people you should be taking personal style cues from. Unless you asked them for advice their opinion means nada

I never wore jean shorts at any point in my life. Not even as a kid so I don't see myself rotating to it now.

They look like they belong on a Jimmy Jazz mannequin...and then when they add the bleach spots and "biker" details? Just criminal.

Back
Top Bottom