Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

Great comparisons and back and forth happening in here, thanks for the content NT. This past year Nike made a sincere effort to correct the Banana or Cliff toe on the Air Max 1. There were 2 OG releases (royals and reds) that were pretty close to shape etc. Subsequent releases definitely had the toe fixed but lacked height etc. (arguably). Someone’s listening. I think if enough people from this community blow up the right people on the right Social Platforms with said talk of Banana toe and these great comparisons, the “right” change can happen.

For those who already got their pair. Hows the comfort? Ive never owned a 4 but ive heard they arent the comfiest.

They Jordan’s at the end of the day. Comfort is whatever. Wouldn’t say they are uncomfortable. I’ve worn them all day at work where I take over 15,000 steps and my feet felt fine.

Better than the INFRA 6 that’s for sure

Only thing I noticed so far is that the materials on the inside of the shoe may need some breaking in ( took about 2 wears for me)

I've never had a pair of these, but if they feel anything like the black cement 3s then they will be comfortable to me lol. That soft material inside.

4’s are generally one of the more comfortable Jordan era J’s to me...

3, 4, 8,10-14..At least for my foot...

Not to say the remaster initiative hasn’t made great improvements in the comfort factor of all retros but those models have always felt good to me...

This pair is basically 1:1 with the recent 4’s I’ve bought, which were the White / Cements and the Cactus Jack pairs...These Black / Reds might be marginally more comfy...

4’s are generally one of the more comfortable Jordan era J’s to me...

3, 4, 8,10-14..At least for my foot...

Not to say the remaster initiative hasn’t made great improvements in the comfort factor of all retros but those models have always felt good to me...

This pair is basically 1:1 with the recent 4’s I’ve bought, which were the White / Cements and the Cactus Jack pairs...These Black / Reds might be marginally more comfy...
The 10s stand out to me as extremely comfortable. The 3s and 4s are not uncomfortable but also not like the 10s.

7a95f47b-3a80-4546-a2e0-a647f7fe0ed5-jpeg.2320945

man

that original netting and durabuck thiccness

I wonder what Tinker thinks of these 2019s

man

Am I the only one that thinks the OGs look good with some wear on them. These right here are perfect. If they were wearable they'd be flat out amazing. And like I said pages back, it must be the materials, but the OGs and 99s just have an overall thickness and bigness to them that they've never replicated since. All colors too, not just the black/reds.

Am I the only one that thinks the OGs look good with some wear on them. These right here are perfect. If they were wearable they'd be flat out amazing. And like I said pages back, it must be the materials, but the OGs and 99s just have an overall thickness and bigness to them that they've never replicated since. All colors too, not just the black/reds.

Pretty sure you’re not the only one that think the OGs look good. In any way.

The older I get the more I like my shoes that show a little wear and aging.

They Jordan’s at the end of the day. Comfort is whatever. Wouldn’t say they are uncomfortable. I’ve worn them all day at work where I take over 15,000 steps and my feet felt fine.

Better than the INFRA 6 that’s for sure

Only thing I noticed so far is that the materials on the inside of the shoe may need some breaking in ( took about 2 wears for me)

i find the infrared 6s to be comfortable all things considered...at least, way more comfortable than the 2014 version.

The older I get the more I like my shoes that show a little wear and aging.
i hate walking around in new shoes. Makes me super self conscious. I guess because when I see someone else doing it, especially in hype sneakers I immediately think 'look at this guy with his new fancy shoes'

i dont feel comfortable wearing my shoes until it looks like theyve been a part of my life for a minute.

Finally got to try on my pair, they seem to run slightly big surprisingly, I've always been TTS for all my Js. Debating if I should go half a size down when I try to double/triple up. This is my favorite shoe of all time that got me into sneakers. If there was one pair of sneakers I'd have to wear for the rest of my life, these be it. Feels great to have a pair again after so many years. With that being said, my 1st pair had a couple of minor QC issues but I ain't trippen. Pictured is wrinkly cut/extra fabric near the wing.

Attachments

• IMG_0715.jpg
    IMG_0715.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Any Oregon heads in here?

Im on the Cali border and plan on driving up to either Eugene or Portland, whats the best option for stressfree purchasing? Should I just go to the Nikestore or is it going to be tons of people? I always got the feeling people in Oregon are too cool for the most part and that it might be pretty low key up there

Im trying to figure out what store to aim for with the smallest crowd so i can grab my sz14 in peace

Finally got to try on my pair, they seem to run slightly big surprisingly, I've always been TTS for all my Js. Debating if I should go half a size down when I try to double/triple up. This is my favorite shoe of all time that got me into sneakers. If there was one pair of sneakers I'd have to wear for the rest of my life, these be it. Feels great to have a pair again after so many years. With that being said, my 1st pair had a couple of minor QC issues but I ain't trippen. Pictured is wrinkly cut/extra fabric near the wing.

That's it. I'm going 10.5 instead of 11. Always been in between those sizes and sounds like for this release going down instead of up seems to be the move.

Any Oregon heads in here?

Im on the Cali border and plan on driving up to either Eugene or Portland, whats the best option for stressfree purchasing? Should I just go to the Nikestore or is it going to be tons of people? I always got the feeling people in Oregon are too cool for the most part and that it might be pretty low key up there

Im trying to figure out what store to aim for with the smallest crowd so i can grab my sz14 in peace

I think your only options are NIKE Portland and BAIT. I was able to walk in at 11-ish at NIKE and grab a Size 9 Infrared 6 on release day. For these I'd just wait in line at NIKE.

I think your only options are NIKE Portland and BAIT. I was able to walk in at 11-ish and grab a Size 9 Infrared 6 on release day. For these I'd just wait in line at NIKE Portland.
I was thinking about bait too
Nike it is. Thanks

man

This pic shows something else I just noticed while looking down at my pair on my feet last night: Check that "red" on the outsole, especially at the toe. It's more like Infrapink than it is red. I assure you it is not just the lighting in this photo, either. I mean, WTF.

Back
Top Bottom