Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

Here in the Cincinnati area, the 99s sold out the first day. I had to work that day, and after work I went to every shoe store and mall and could only find a size 9. I was looking for 10-11.
Ended up getting them from Shoe Trends online for twice the price... the white and cement came out like a month later and were a little easier to get.

does anyone know or remember the release date when these came out in 1999 ?

StockX shows 5/5/99 for the release date which was a Wednesday. Don’t know if that’s accurate but Jordans did release in the middle of the week back in the day. I skipped school to get the Flu Games back in ‘97.

5/5 is pretty close to what I was going to say. I remember it being early May and getting mine a few days early from a mom & pop. Wore them into a Finish Line and the manager saw them and got all kinds of mad. Asked where I got them, and when I wouldn't tell him the name of the store, he went in the back and refused to wait on me. Heard him call another store and gripe about me having them. :lol:

Can confirm what ervinshoes ervinshoes said. They smoked in the Cincinnati area. If they sat on NDC it's because nobody knew they were there/were afraid of ordering online. I don't remember that, though.

on NDC the 99s sat for at least 2 months. I got my white cements before the blacks after I got the whites I ordered the blacks a few weeks later.
Man, I still burn over that summer of '99. I was living in Quebec for the spring and part of the summer so I didn't even know the IVs were retroed until that July or August when I was back in the States and happened to walk into a Footlocker and see a pair of the blacks on the shelf. They didn't have my size. Tried to find them in a couple other places but failed. NDC was sold out by then. Plus, it's strange to say this now, but back then I wasn't that bothered about putting in a lot of effort to find a pair. The whole idea of buying reissued old sneaker models was still a bit of a strange one to me. Only a few months later, I realized what a mistake that was.

CEB6011D-EF19-4FC9-883C-3412070BDF9F.jpeg

If they sat on NDC it's because nobody knew they were there/were afraid of ordering online. I don't remember that, though.

99's were on NDC? I don't recall either & am curious what the site looked like back then. Can't recall.

on NDC the 99s sat for at least 2 months. I got my white cements before the blacks after I got the whites I ordered the blacks a few weeks later.

Had no computer/access to internet to know that but I know the stores was dried up

Didnt get a computer not until 2000 but online ordering wasnt going to be thing until years later for me

Last edited:
99's were on NDC? I don't recall either & am curious what the site looked like back then. Can't recall.

Kinda what I was saying. Don't remember it, but I also wasn't checking there a whole lot at that point. Site was super basic and there was not a whole lot of product. I remember getting the Carbon Fiber Flightposites on there.

Be careful guys these shoes have a loose insole

A lot of Nike’s sneakers come this way I don’t know why
I had to crazy glue the insole to the shoe on the left foot

Back
Top Bottom