Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

I've been using the net since 96/97 with ie explorer, Netscape navigator and Juno, AOL, bluelight days (trial internet). Wasnt easy finding NT. Just stumbled upon it thru some links from other websites. And I was looking for a buy sell website.

It was probably better to call Nike 1-800 number to order the 4s just like how we used to order from the eastbay catalog

True. Much faster than ordering online :lol:

I remember trying to download a Bone Thugs n Harmony song on Napster back on a 56k... left the computer on for like 3 days and it still only downloaded 60% of the song :lol:
napster was the best u could find anything on there. but yeah it took forever.

Bone had some fire around that time too I loved that resurrection gotta get that paper paper paper paper. Everybody forget that era cuz their first ish was so good.

We had to connect to the internet, through software. Imagine that. If you were busy browsing on 56k it would be interrupted if a phone call came through on the same landline. Some people installed a second home landline just for that purpose. To avoid disruption. 56k is still free if I remember correctly, it's like free over the airwave antenna TV channels you can get. You need some switch or plug or TV cable wire, forgot the name.

Meant to say iirc 56k was part of your phone line, that you paid for. It wasnt like paying for internet service from Verizon. If you paid the phone bill and for phone service (landline) I think it (56k internet) was included

120866345IVflSI_ph.jpeg

Lol I remember I was 16-17 when we first got the internet and thinking every female celebrity had naked pics out......needless to say there were quite a few late nights I was searching.....young minds

I've been using the net since 96/97 with ie explorer, Netscape navigator and Juno, AOL, bluelight days (trial internet). Wasnt easy finding NT. Just stumbled upon it thru some links from other websites. And I was looking for a buy sell website.

I was on it pretty early, like 92, with Prodigy at first and then AOL/CompuServe/etc. later. I remember our first modem was a 2400 baud which I upgraded to a 14.4k later and that was a pretty big deal. When 56k came out it was a huge deal, I remember thinking how fast it was.

Meant to say iirc 56k was part of your phone line, that you paid for. It wasnt like paying for internet service from Verizon. If you paid the phone bill and for phone service (landline) I think it (56k internet) was included

But yeah you just connected via your phone line to your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and then you were good to go. We installed a second phone line cause we used it so much. Your only extra charge was to your ISP, you didn't have to pay anything extra to your phone company really cause it was just a local call connecting to your ISP.

Kids these days have no idea of the struggle back then man :lol:

:lol: forgot about load times after you type in a website wow. Young bucks will never understand the struggle of dial up and 56K modems :lol:
Circa 1996/97 in college, my boy had a pretty state-of-the-art computer in his dorm room. I remember this clear as day: One day, after becoming severely annoyed that it was once again taking FOREVER to load an ESPN or some sports site web page to read about what had happened in the previous night's Bulls game, I looked at him and said, dude, do you think one day these websites will just load instantly? Yes, he said. I replied, that will be amazing. Then we debated exactly when this mythical day might arrive. I think we settled on sometime around 1999 or 2000. :lol:
I don't actually remember when it truly did get to that point, though.
However, I definitely remember going on NDC in its early days. I recall the 2001 BC IIIs were on there seemingly forever even after they sold out, just taunting me that I hadn't bought them.

I was on it pretty early, like 92, with Prodigy at first and then AOL/CompuServe/etc. later. I remember our first modem was a 2400 baud which I upgraded to a 14.4k later and that was a pretty big deal. When 56k came out it was a huge deal, I remember thinking how fast it was.

But yeah you just connected via your phone line to your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and then you were good to go. We installed a second phone line cause we used it so much. Your only extra charge was to your ISP, you didn't have to pay anything extra to your phone company really cause it was just a local call connecting to your ISP.

Kids these days have no idea of the struggle back then man :lol:
After that it was isdn? 128K
Then 200K something 500
And 1-3 mbps download. If I had early access to those speeds man, I would have surfed and researched as much info as I could.

Ah 1999. My pops had just got us a big *** compaq presario desktop with printer and everything from radioshack.

Only had dial up internet until we upgraded to cable in '01.

I remember creepin in the middle of the night, turning on the pc and hearing that glorious windows 98 sound.

Then id get some towels to cover the pc to somewhat mask the dial connection process.

When your boy was finally on the internet, id scoured the interwebz for britney spears nudes.

Really excited to get these 4s as they will be my only and probably last.

I had our line configured to block incoming calls that would disrupt the session; it would just ring busy. Friends could never get one another on the phone b/c we were on the net all day. Later we wised up and got a second line. Before that we could still communicate via telnet messaging/email....heh.

I had our line configured to block incoming calls that would disrupt the session; it would just ring busy. Friends could never get one another on the phone b/c we were on the net all day. Later we wised up and got a second line. Before that we could still communicate via telnet messaging/email....heh.

Just left the Trophy Room in Florida. The guy told me they didn't have a definite way they were going to release the 4's . He said they will release the details on IG and Twitter next week. Just in case someone wanted know.

Back
Top Bottom