Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

57038515_381816649341389_7754115980284607777_n.jpg

i thought tony hated these ?

i must've missed something
oh no, i still hate them. But its just the QC, the shoe would be great if they could put it together

I have one decent pair but one has way softer whatever on the collar. The 'reserve' pair was completely useless aside from maybe some lunch money on a resell. Im just going to stick with the pair i put together in december. whatever

I wanted to match up the leathers but theres zero percent chance everything else will match up like this pair does

Yeah, the $600 is including labor and donors.

I did this with a pair of V’s and trust me it’s not worth it. Even after you swap the midsole and backtabs, the durabuck cracks easily and the netting can break. I think in any case you’re better off trying with an NDS pair, hopefully the durabuck on those is broken in. Plus with the closed cell midsole, they won’t feel like 99’s, since the newer midsoles are harder thus why they don’t crack.

Pay a professional to do it, I’ve seen plenty of sloppy swaps on the internet done by amateurs (crooked backtabs, midsoles not lining up, gaps with the soles, etc.).

Personally I would only restore a pair of I’s, III’s or VI’s, because they have less components that can break.

Sheesh alot could go wrong, but thanks for the info. Any "donor pair" suggestions?

This is the MAIN reason why I haven't worn my sole swapped pair of 1999's. Old Durabuck cracks, chips and fades BADLY. Hell, when I took my pair out last week, I could tell the durabuck was chipping on the top of the tongue, on the left shoe. Nonetheless, if y'all are looking for good sole swappers, check out thisccuban & mjow1999. They'll get you ALL THE WAY TOGETHER. They currently might be booked tho, so just hit em up, and be patient.

thiscuban swapped a pair of my 1999 Black Cement 4's, a pair of 2000 Black Infrared 6's, and my ULTIMATE #1 grail, the Kyle Reese Nike Vandals.

:pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp:

:nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat:

:smokin

I should be FINALLY getting my Black Infrared's back, sometime next week. So I'll post pics of those in the Black Infrared 6 thread.

8)

Yea man your pair looks amazing thanks for the info. I already checked out a1restorations but ill check out those guys you recommended too. I'm guessing 4s don't age and get destroyed beautifully like 1's do LOL. Cause I love my dirty chicagos getting better with age.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom