Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

Why do they have to keep showing us sneakerhead in the bays’ custom pair like that’s gonna be the actual shoe? :smh:. Really hoping JB doesn’t go that route. Tumbled leather is going to look horrible on this shoe IMO.
It might look nice lasers were dope

It might look nice lasers were dope
8534BCFD-C54D-45B3-BB50-DF9699CF85B9.gif

I'm just now noticing the differences between this version and the originals from 1989 after having this version for 4 years.

The difference that stood out to me the most was the tongue. The upper part of the tongue on the 1989 version is shorter and rounded with the red on the back of it not being visible. The upper part of the tongue on this version is taller and angular with the red on the back of it being visible.

I'm just now noticing the differences between this version and the originals from 1989 after having this version for 4 years.

The difference that stood out to me the most was the tongue. The upper part of the tongue on the 1989 version is shorter and rounded with the red on the back of it not being visible. The upper part of the tongue on this version is taller and angular with the red on the back of it being visible.

That’s hardly the difference that matters most. The 2019s pretty much suck all around compared to the OGs and ‘99s. Vastly different shoe across the board, sadly.

People just have to accept the fact that no retro is ever going to be exactly the same as an og or the previous retro. 2019’s aren’t perfect but it’s the best option we have for now. I’ll take these over the previous retro with the jump man on the back or a crumbling pair of 99’s.

I honestly HATE seeing the 1989 because I know we'll never see it again.

For them to even get back to the 1999 shape is going to take a hell of a miracle.
You probably right but you gotta have hope. If you look at the AJ3 retros from 94 to now it definitely got better. We aren't 1 for 1 yet but I think we'll see a 4 that will impress us...heck if the 2019 bred 4 looked like the Nike SB 4 that would definitely hold me over. I'm super pissed that literally every year since 2019 the 4 shape has gotten better.

That’s hardly the difference that matters most. The 2019s pretty much suck all around compared to the OGs and ‘99s. Vastly different shoe across the board, sadly.

People just have to accept the fact that no retro is ever going to be exactly the same as an og or the previous retro. 2019’s aren’t perfect but it’s the best option we have for now. I’ll take these over the previous retro with the jump man on the back or a crumbling pair of 99’s.

This is replication we're dealing with, so we're never going to get an exact match with the 1989 version. That's the formality with anything that's replicated based on the fact it's a copy we're getting.

Since I never owned the 1989 originals and the highly acceptable 1999 rehash, so I'm content with the 2019 version because the rehashes with the corny Jumpman logo on the back preceding it sucked bad to the point they looked like bootlegs.

This is replication we're dealing with, so we're never going to get an exact match with the 1989 version. That's the formality with anything that's replicated based on the fact it's a copy we're getting.

Since I never owned the 1989 originals and the highly acceptable 1999 rehash, so I'm content with the 2019 version because the rehashes with the corny Jumpman logo on the back preceding it sucked bad to the point they looked like bootlegs.

I’m not even talking about exact replication. Unfortunately, the 2019s are just not a particularly good retro for several reasons. We know JB can get way closer whenever it chooses to. The recent SB IVs are way, way better than the 2019s in terms of shape etc. I have the 2019s and I enjoy wearing them, but they’re way off from what they should be.

2019's look ****ing fine. Dont let these dudes crying about 99's and shape this and shape that fool you. If it aint EXACTLY to a tee like the 99's they'd cry. If it was reversed and the 2019's were the 99's and vice versa and they aint look like the 99's they'd be criyng the same. Both look good at the end of the day.

Back
Top Bottom