AIR JORDAN IV FROM THE IV/XIX PACK!!!!!!!PIX

eek.gif

like many not happy theres no "nike air" but still copping multiple pairs
smile.gif

3c8153e13cf56ade12689ab41a55536aaeac205.gif
like my man martin would say " i ain't payin thefive." i can't do it. not when you go from a high top to a mid range - and then try and charge 3 and some change. it's one thing to do this tosome yellow mikes but to these... nah chief.

im just gonna copp on these IVs. They look whatever though. Even though i have never owned these, they still don't look right. The XIX have always beentrash from the beginning, that's for real.

thanks for the pics

You tell me, from this picture, how the new shape is off. It's not, and you can't even say the toe box is any different. It's like somerespected NikeTalk member made a banana comment about the new ones, and all the "banana" riders and dudes with 2 hot pairs of the 99's startedrepeating it. Back when the originals came out I was in 3rd grade and probably wore a size 7. I'm pretty sure a size 7 is going to have a different shapethan the size I wear now (14) so I'm not going to expect my new pair to have the exact shape of the pair I had in 3rd grade. Yes, it's disappointingthere is no Nike Air, but did you guys really think we'd get it? There was no way so move on. If I had two pairs of the 99's in wearable condition, Istill wouldn't pass on these. Copped x2

i can't say i didn't expect it, but this is def disappointing! unless they change b/t now and release it's an easy pass!
smh.gif

Im def coppin all the packs, already 3 down... I get excited for the pack releases every month... haha

Im def coppin all the packs, already 3 down... I get excited for the pack releases every month... haha

Originally Posted by bengleu22

You tell me, from this picture, how the new shape is off. It's not, and you can't even say the toe box is any different. It's like some respected NikeTalk member made a banana comment about the new ones, and all the "banana" riders and dudes with 2 hot pairs of the 99's started repeating it. Back when the originals came out I was in 3rd grade and probably wore a size 7. I'm pretty sure a size 7 is going to have a different shape than the size I wear now (14) so I'm not going to expect my new pair to have the exact shape of the pair I had in 3rd grade. Yes, it's disappointing there is no Nike Air, but did you guys really think we'd get it? There was no way so move on. If I had two pairs of the 99's in wearable condition, I still wouldn't pass on these. Copped x2

From that picture, it is hard to tell. But the shape is off. It starts at the toe where the first set of lace locks start. They are actually lower onthe shoe, causing the front toward the toe to start at a wierd angle. From there, you can see where the stitching is almost touching the mid-sole. On theOG's and '99's it is much higher, creating the shape we like in this shoe. This actually pushes the top of the toe down and distorts the shape. From there, the top of the shoe near the ankle area is lower thatn the OG's and '99's. It is lower that the original shape of the 3/4 cut shoesfrom '88 and '89. This can be seen on the older shoes by seeing the distance from where the triangle straps are sewn into the upper. On the OG and'99 there is more space between the mid-sole and the trianle strap.

You can also see a difference in where the toe cap stops between the '08 retros and the '89 and OG. On the new retros the toe cap stops shorter thanthe older shoes.
Here are a few pics I have found that show some of the differences between the '06 Mars and the '99 White/cement and the OGMilitary and '06 retro military. From what I ahve seen, these '08 retros have the same shape as the 2004-2006 retros: (Hopefully Zach13g and NiceKicks do not mind me posting their pics)
2c5153e6842343f2aff4b0dda9b4a561ed61c61.pjpg

In the pic above you can actually see how much more room you have in the '99 IV's. Also, it is hard to tell here, but the angle of the triangle is offon the Mars IV.

a6d25ddebe834289408f56101c4ef9676d11142.pjpg

In this pic, you can see the height difference and the difference of where the straps are sewn into the upper.

18a2577ef88672bd4e8f440cd080d233f7c71d9.pjpg

In this pic, you can see the height difference in the top of the shoe. The OG is higher than the retro.

01f35843ebd88ddb28ac4002f7513f587f7b116.pjpg

In this picture you can see the height difference in where the bottom lace locks are on the OG compared to the '06 retro.

It's sad that JB would change the shape of such a great shoe. The OG and '99 retros and retro +'s are a great looking shoe. But all said, I amstill glad to have been able to buy the '06 retros and would cop this '08 if given the chance. The '99's are getting up there and will only bea matter of time before they start to crumble due to age.

i'm not sure about these.. i want to cop but dont want to pay 310 just for the iv's because the xix are hideous
eyes.gif

I don't care whatany1 else says. I will definitely be getting this pack. Those who did not get these when they released back in 99 will be pleased to get achance to finally cop. I don't care if the shape is off, or if there is no "NIKE AIR," this pack is copped because there is no way I'mspending $400 on the 99 retros so my big behind can crush the air bubble and the back midsole. I will flip the 19s tho. I have the "OGs" lol it feelsweird calling them that. They released in 4 yrs ago

Originally Posted by B1LLY HOYLE

These just basically validate the fake IV's we've become too familiar with over the years.

All this time...I've looked to two things to say a IV is fake.

* Mesh not parallel to triangle
* Jumpman on heel

These have both.

frown.gif

Funny thing, this half kitty half pig I know sells these "VARIANT Versions"(can I do that now?) with the parallel mesh and Nike Air on the back.Does that mean it's more "Real" than these versions?
tongue.gif

they look identical to all the fakes slinging through ebay.......i'll be passing especially because i don't like the XIX enough to buy them to getthese. i'll jus keep my semi-beat '99s

Back
Top Bottom