Air Jordan IV White/Cement 2012 Via Modern Notoriety Update **Nov 2nd 2011** 1st Page VOL ON POINT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by carmine23

^^^^ really dude the pleather wings will last longer than plastic
These look good coppin two pairs

GS sizes always have leather wings.   
These are about as decent as they're gonna get, as far as Men's sizes, minus the leather wings. 

These are about as decent as they're gonna get, as far as Men's sizes, minus the leather wings. 

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

EXACTLY. Peeps are just blowing up on how the samples look with the grey speckles, those were just samples, not the actual product releasing....Now some are going bizzerke on GS sizes with leather wings
indifferent.gif
, mainly all GS had leather wings...SMH. Just like FrenchBlue said up above. So, I'm pretty sure Men's sizes will be just fine once release date arrives. Relax folks.

EXACTLY. Peeps are just blowing up on how the samples look with the grey speckles, those were just samples, not the actual product releasing....Now some are going bizzerke on GS sizes with leather wings
indifferent.gif
, mainly all GS had leather wings...SMH. Just like FrenchBlue said up above. So, I'm pretty sure Men's sizes will be just fine once release date arrives. Relax folks.

Originally Posted by 2pacalypsmNOW

indifferent.gif

Very true.  But I'm still skeptical, because the grey might turn out darker on the Men's sizes, for whatever reason.   If they are the same shade as the GS pics above, I will be satisfied. 

indifferent.gif

Very true.  But I'm still skeptical, because the grey might turn out darker on the Men's sizes, for whatever reason.   If they are the same shade as the GS pics above, I will be satisfied. 

indifferent.gif

I still have faith that the mens sizes will use the exact shade of grey. JB has ALOT of money tied up on this release and many people have been waiting for these for 11 years (myself included). Not to mention that these will drop when many will be getting their tax refunds. They can't screw this one up or else JB headquarters might really go up in flames.

I expect the midsole paint to be as strong as it was on the recent IIIs, plastic wings and heel tab, and the leather is probably going to be comparable to the leather used on the FTLOTG VIIs, IXs, and on the heel collar and toebox wrap of the recent IIIs (which means it will feel cheap, but won't crease at the drop of a hat).

indifferent.gif

I still have faith that the mens sizes will use the exact shade of grey. JB has ALOT of money tied up on this release and many people have been waiting for these for 11 years (myself included). Not to mention that these will drop when many will be getting their tax refunds. They can't screw this one up or else JB headquarters might really go up in flames.

I expect the midsole paint to be as strong as it was on the recent IIIs, plastic wings and heel tab, and the leather is probably going to be comparable to the leather used on the FTLOTG VIIs, IXs, and on the heel collar and toebox wrap of the recent IIIs (which means it will feel cheap, but won't crease at the drop of a hat).

All I care about is the quality of the leather, because THAT is what will determine how long these last in the long run. And from the looks of it, the leather looks its usual cheap, thin and crappy.

All I care about is the quality of the leather, because THAT is what will determine how long these last in the long run. And from the looks of it, the leather looks its usual cheap, thin and crappy.

Wow!!! those GS look like the final product. So far so good, very very close to the OGs. And like stated before, these are GS sizes, all GS have leather wings. We already complained about the older samples and now we get an identical pair to the OGs and still complain ahahaha. Relax people, this is as close as it gets without the Nike Air

Wow!!! those GS look like the final product. So far so good, very very close to the OGs. And like stated before, these are GS sizes, all GS have leather wings. We already complained about the older samples and now we get an identical pair to the OGs and still complain ahahaha. Relax people, this is as close as it gets without the Nike Air

The air bubble looks grey instead of white.  I was thinking on grabbing two pairs.  1 to rock and another to swap with my 99's for when they start to crumble down the road, its inevitable.

only thing is that nikes sizing has been running big lately, so i wouldnt even be sure if i can do a sole swap from 99?

The air bubble looks grey instead of white.  I was thinking on grabbing two pairs.  1 to rock and another to swap with my 99's for when they start to crumble down the road, its inevitable.

only thing is that nikes sizing has been running big lately, so i wouldnt even be sure if i can do a sole swap from 99?

As I said earlier in this thread, when the final product comes through it looks pretty solid. Even reading into samples in the least bit is a waste of time, as has been proven numerous times this year alone. Does anyone actually believe you're going to get nice premium leather on a IV retro? Hasn't happened since '99. It is what it is, but if the GS is any indication of the final men's run, it won't be any worse than the leather of the military blues or mars. Expecting more from a GR IV is just being out of touch with reality.

As I said earlier in this thread, when the final product comes through it looks pretty solid. Even reading into samples in the least bit is a waste of time, as has been proven numerous times this year alone. Does anyone actually believe you're going to get nice premium leather on a IV retro? Hasn't happened since '99. It is what it is, but if the GS is any indication of the final men's run, it won't be any worse than the leather of the military blues or mars. Expecting more from a GR IV is just being out of touch with reality.

Originally Posted by trappedintime

even the 99 leather wasnt really premium. it was right in the middle of the road, actually. it pretty much was standard non tumbled Nike leather for the time.only the tumbled leather shoes that JB produced back then had the top notch quality and feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom