Air Jordan IV White/Cement 2012 Via Modern Notoriety Update **Nov 2nd 2011** 1st Page VOL ON POINT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by trappedintime

As I said earlier in this thread, when the final product comes through it looks pretty solid. Even reading into samples in the least bit is a waste of time, as has been proven numerous times this year alone. Does anyone actually believe you're going to get nice premium leather on a IV retro? Hasn't happened since '99. It is what it is, but if the GS is any indication of the final men's run, it won't be any worse than the leather of the military blues or mars. Expecting more from a GR IV is just being out of touch with reality.
even the 99 leather wasnt really premium. it was right in the middle of the road, actually. it pretty much was standard non tumbled Nike leather for the time.only the tumbled leather shoes that JB produced back then had the top notch quality and feel.

Originally Posted by sthebest

As I said earlier in this thread, when the final product comes through it looks pretty solid. Even reading into samples in the least bit is a waste of time, as has been proven numerous times this year alone. Does anyone actually believe you're going to get nice premium leather on a IV retro? Hasn't happened since '99. It is what it is, but if the GS is any indication of the final men's run, it won't be any worse than the leather of the military blues or mars. Expecting more from a GR IV is just being out of touch with reality.
even the 99 leather wasnt really premium. it was right in the middle of the road, actually. it pretty much was standard non tumbled Nike leather for the time.only the tumbled leather shoes that JB produced back then had the top notch quality and feel.
Very true, but key words being "for the time." For the time, the quality of the leather as a whole was better - on retros, Nike, and pretty much every GR model in the industry. 12 years later and the quality of materials on your average, mass produced sneaker from any of the Big 3 is inferior to what they offered in '99. I guess that's why I'm not going to be one of the butthurt whiners who can only call out the quality of the leather or the Jordan logo on the heel.

Very true, but key words being "for the time." For the time, the quality of the leather as a whole was better - on retros, Nike, and pretty much every GR model in the industry. 12 years later and the quality of materials on your average, mass produced sneaker from any of the Big 3 is inferior to what they offered in '99. I guess that's why I'm not going to be one of the butthurt whiners who can only call out the quality of the leather or the Jordan logo on the heel.

I know the plastic wings are OG and look better, but I have to say the leather heel tab is much more comfortable. The plactic on the Mars IV always scratches the back of my ankel, where as the the tab on my mist blue IV does not.

I know the plastic wings are OG and look better, but I have to say the leather heel tab is much more comfortable. The plactic on the Mars IV always scratches the back of my ankel, where as the the tab on my mist blue IV does not.

No doubt the materials are of much less quality. But that is probably because the leather that they used to use is no longer available, and to reproduce it would cost too much. So, Jordan Brand uses whatever is available. But Jordan Brand isnt the only culprit, Nike does this too. why? because these shoes are retros and are only meant for casual purposes, not for performance.
Hell, even on Nike's flagship models such as Lebrons and Kobes , theyre moving away from leather and into cheaper but more efficient materials, such as advanced neoprene and flywire.

No doubt the materials are of much less quality. But that is probably because the leather that they used to use is no longer available, and to reproduce it would cost too much. So, Jordan Brand uses whatever is available. But Jordan Brand isnt the only culprit, Nike does this too. why? because these shoes are retros and are only meant for casual purposes, not for performance.
Hell, even on Nike's flagship models such as Lebrons and Kobes , theyre moving away from leather and into cheaper but more efficient materials, such as advanced neoprene and flywire.

GS sizes gives a little hope for the mens release. LETS HOPE!!
happy.gif

That is all nonsense. There's no shortage of leather. Look at the leather quality on Adidas shoes or even Converses(a brand that Nike owns no less) are way better than anything on Nike's GR or JB's shoes and they charge half the price. Its all about the bottom line.
These so called "more efficient" materials are simply cheaper thus using them on their non "premium" shoes  increases their profits.

That is all nonsense. There's no shortage of leather. Look at the leather quality on Adidas shoes or even Converses(a brand that Nike owns no less) are way better than anything on Nike's GR or JB's shoes and they charge half the price. Its all about the bottom line.
These so called "more efficient" materials are simply cheaper thus using them on their non "premium" shoes  increases their profits.

Originally Posted by SoleAddict34

yeah sthebest, the only reason quality sucks is because JB can make more money from people who won't know the difference....it's all about money

Originally Posted by SoleAddict34

yeah sthebest, the only reason quality sucks is because JB can make more money from people who won't know the difference....it's all about money

Hell i'm savin right now for these after seein the gs version! If JB is all about money, why don't they spend their profit on better materials? Where does all that extra cash go? I'm damn sure its not goin to new good ideas, not goin into new shoe box designs, not goin anywhere i can see retro-wise. Just puttin good money into fusions/mashups, .0's, and other things

Hell i'm savin right now for these after seein the gs version! If JB is all about money, why don't they spend their profit on better materials? Where does all that extra cash go? I'm damn sure its not goin to new good ideas, not goin into new shoe box designs, not goin anywhere i can see retro-wise. Just puttin good money into fusions/mashups, .0's, and other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom