Air Jordan IX Wht/Black/Red HOLIDAY 2016

Had my 2010s on today.  They never get old to me.  Even with the small jumpman they still take me back to 94.  Still get compliments on them.  I clean mine just about every wear.  Try to keep that outsole white and clean as possible.  One of my favorites all time.

9s are def one of my favs especially this OG color i think its the best color i wore my cdp pair alot i didnt get the 2010 pair cuz thats round the time i atart wearing my cdp pair but i want 2 pairs of these shonuff! 9s always reminded me and my bros of Filas i guess they look kinda similar

9s are def one of my favs especially this OG color i think its the best color i wore my cdp pair alot i didnt get the 2010 pair cuz thats round the time i atart wearing my cdp pair but i want 2 pairs of these shonuff! 9s always reminded me and my bros of Filas i guess they look kinda similar
I can see the Fila thing

Taking it back to the OG's for a minute...

Lot's of cats don't remember but when Mike initially retired, all the heat Jay's had immediately dropped...Around these parts cats moved on to Barkley's and Runner's...

See as a kid I was blessed to be able to get two pairs of sneakers a year, usually what was on clearance...Once for the start of the School Year, and once around Spring Break...

1994 Spring break hit, parents took me to the Footlocker on Trop and Mount Vista (Old school Vegas heads know)...Almost got these (Which were already on clearance), but ended up passing for a pair of the blacked out Air Force Max CB's, a great shoe in their own right...The main reason for the pass was because my parents were actually letting me purchase a pair of kicks that were full price and had just recently released...Few weeks later I ended up seeing an episode of Fresh Prince with big Will and Jazz rocking the IX's to Jazz's wedding...I immediately regretted my decision and no amount of begging would get the folks to bend on hooking it up with yet another pair of sneakers...Fast forward to the start of the '94 school year, school shopping time, wasn't sure what I was going to get but I was still hooked on the IX's...Much to my surprise, when I hit up ol' FTL again, they still had these in my size and marked down to $59.99! Parent's loved the price and I walked out with my fresh "Old" Jay's...Kid's clowned at school but I loved those things to death...

Somehow I've never actually purchased a pair of retro IX's...Usually something else is happening at drop time to pull the funds away...

Anyway to end cap the long story...
View media item 2117657View media item 2117658View media item 2117659View media item 2117661
Side note, honestly though, who remember's when the '02 pair dropped stores were dying the uppers black to try and move them? Might have just been a Vegas thing...I toyed with getting a pair around All Star weekend in 2002 but passed for the Adidas Kobe 2's :smh:...Closest I've ever come to actually getting the retro...Hopefully this year's release is good to me...

Dope story... that's actually where I got my pair from back in the day too, Those and the Junior Seau's(Air Mission). I still go to Winchells all the time

We've yet to see official pics. I think they'll have the jumpman the correct way.

Sorry to say but I doubt it. Though not official there has been early looks of these and they don't show correct facing jumpman unfortunately. Slim chance that that'll change IMO.

I love my 2010s but just don't understand why they wouldn't do this shoe the right way.  They say everythings getting remastered but why are they picking and choosing what shoes to give the full treatment.  There was a lot of early pics month or so back but haven't seen anything since.  Trying to be positive and think they thought about what they were doing and decided to change up.  But I doubt it.  The IX has been released a lot in past few years.  Might as well do it right.

Sorry to say but I doubt it. Though not official there has been early looks of these and they don't show correct facing jumpman unfortunately. Slim chance that that'll change IMO.
Can't trust any pics that showed up then. We will know the truth in about another 2 weeks tops...

Can't trust any pics that showed up then. We will know the truth in about another 2 weeks tops...

assuming theyre using the same mold as the kobe pe 
ya know, JB could be doin an OG Nike Air type of thing. only ogs get certain treatment. ogs get nike air instead of jumpan, in this case a correct facing jumpman. so kobe aren't OG so the jumpman is facing the wrong way still.

So I'll wait for official pics

I want to grab these, and I will. Just when is all, day of release or wait it out for a discount?

People are probably saving for the Space Jam 11, and even though these are OG, the 9's aren't a popular model and I think will sit.

I want to grab these, and I will. Just when is all, day of release or wait it out for a discount?

People are probably saving for the Space Jam 11, and even though these are OG, the 9's aren't a popular model and I think will sit.

It depends on the amount released. If they pull off the same thing as they did with the last olive release, then they won't sit. But if there are a decent amount, I don't see these selling out

It depends on the amount released. If they pull off the same thing as they did with the last olive release, then they won't sit. But if there are a decent amount, I don't see these selling out QUICK
everything sells out. Some the first day, others within a month or three

It depends on the amount released. If they pull off the same thing as they did with the last olive release, then they won't sit. But if there are a decent amount, I don't see these selling out

I don't think any OG colorway has been limited this year (excluding 1s of course), so we should be good.

Back
Top Bottom