Air Jordan Retro 9 “Powder Blue” OG March 23, 2024

FwcuMKhXgAcaAvi
It’s easy to forget how nice the OG 9s were. Current retros are truly garbage.

With a shoe so simple, you would think they would want the Jumpman as large as it possibly can be in that area. For them to shrink it down in 2010 never made sense to me. Ironically these were the last original color retro that got the correct size.

No 23 and the blue edges are the 2 true big things for me on this retro. The Jumpman size/direction isn't a deal breaker for me. Honestly, I might even be able to overlook a 23 on the back if they got the blue edges. :lol:
The jumpman size and direction is the main thing keeping me away from 9s. I won’t buy any until they fix that. I also wouldn’t buy if they have the 23 or lack the blue edges.

There’s pretty much zero chance that they get all of that right so these aren’t really on my radar, as much as I’ve always wanted a pair.

The jumpman size and direction is the main thing keeping me away from 9s. I won’t buy any until they fix that. I also wouldn’t buy if they have the 23 or lack the blue edges.

There’s pretty much zero chance that they get all of that right so these aren’t really on my radar, as much as I’ve always wanted a pair.

Idk if it's because I still have my original pairs or what, but I just don't care about the Jumpman issue. Like at all. I'll just have to see what we're getting before I make up my mind on these Powders. I remember a lot of folks being confused/mad that they didn't have a 23 on them back when they originally dropped.

That said, there's a couple of things that would likely be deal breakers when they get around to redoing the Charcoals, but who knows when that will happen.

The main detail for me is the outsole being correct with the Jumpman direction, the the blue outline, then the 23 (this is going to be hit or miss). I believe they should just scan a 1994 pair outsole like they did with the Jordan 2s.

Yes. Only issue was if someone stepped on your foot it would cause the plastic lace holders to dig into your foot. Not an issue for casual wear, obviously.
I repeat this ad nauseam on here, the old polyurethane midsoles that they used through about 2005 were much lighter and softer, but also yellowed and crumbled sooner than what’s currently used.

Even the phylon midsoles have gotten firmer over the years.

Back
Top Bottom