Air Jordan Retro III (3) True Blue - August 2009 (SneakerFiles.com) ***[UPDATED 6/2]***

i dont understand how some of yall are sayin that the shoe started crackin..mine havent at all and i weigh 250!!!lol

Originally Posted by S0rtega2

Still want an 11 for a decent price, I'll get them eventually. Just need to be patient.
nerd.gif
smart man, seriously...

The removal of the dyed midsole is one of the greatest disappointments and one of the most flagrant quality corner-cuttings I've seen for a while. Ireally, really wish I would've had the foresight to grab the '01s in like '02 or '03 when they were this same price ($205.50 shipped for mypair of '09s) and only had a yellowing heel tab to worry about. My Flip 3 midsole cracced and disintegrated like this and I couldn't figure out why cuzI wore them very gently less than 12 times in a year and I wore the hell out of my FR3 and they look almost untouched compared to the tragedy that is my Flip3.

I feel a tremendous sense of loss as a collector of Air Jordans, but at the same time blessed and thankful because I've got a nice collection and it'salmost complete. The real beauty is, only about 25-30% of my pairs are part of this Quality Deconstruction, Price Inflation thing going on at Brand Jordan. Thegreatest flaw in that are my Aqua 8s which have hairline craccs in the paint on the midsole and I wear them even less than the Flips.

frown.gif

Originally Posted by jamazing

Did those work?
Haha so I asked this earlier and no one bothered to answer it. If you have a pair of true blues, look at the ones above. Are one of your shoes astumbled as shown in the picture? The left shoe is much more tumbled than the right shoe. Would this bother you?

^^^^^^^^^^^ how many licks does it take to get to the center of tootsie roll pop, divide that answer by your age and weight and you have ur answer

Ha nice koncrete kickz you have spread much wisdom to us all. Can somebody who actually has a pair of true blue III's answer the question?

Originally Posted by violetuniverse91

^ no. just stay w the 09. i dont believe 01 are suitable for wear due to age and condition especially if they have been left DS for that long. prone to crumble
Not true

2001 retros are still very wearable even if DS as long as they were not stored under some extreme conditions.

Originally Posted by jamazing

Ha nice koncrete kickz you have spread much wisdom to us all. Can somebody who actually has a pair of true blue III's answer the question?

I've worn mines about 10 times casually. There has been no signs of paint chipping, paint cracking, or even creases for me. I walk in them normally too,even jumped in them a few times. Mines are holding up pretty well, I love them.
smile.gif
*Knocks on wood.*

Originally Posted by Hetty714

^ no. just stay w the 09. i dont believe 01 are suitable for wear due to age and condition especially if they have been left DS for that long. prone to crumble
Not true

2001 retros are still very wearable even if DS as long as they were not stored under some extreme conditions.
Yep, as long as the midsole is still soft you're good to go.

BTW I'm selling a size 11 2001 VNDS
wink.gif

Originally Posted by astroox805

i dont understand how some of yall are sayin that the shoe started crackin..mine havent at all and i weigh 250!!!lol
some folks got B-Grades and i believe those are the ones that are crackin and what not.

they'll crack eventually because they were painted and not dyed but, yours n my pairs

are lookin gd

Originally Posted by bakedFresh707

Originally Posted by astroox805

some folks got B-Grades and i believe those are the ones that are crackin and what not.

they'll crack eventually because they were painted and not dyed but, yours n my pairs

are lookin gd
Mine weren't B-Grades since I bought them at Foot Locker... I weight 230 so I don't see how it happened
frown.gif

TB 3s look good and I want a pair but it is hard to drop 2 bills on a shoe that will crack after a few times wearing.....

I don't think weight has much to do with it honestly. If there are b-grades that were painted over dyed that would explain but my understanding is Brandjordan no longer dyes the midsoles; to save money and cut quality they simply paint over it which has led to the degradation of the 3 and 4 across the boardand even a pair of my beloved Aqua 8s . . . . just be aware that the quality appears to only continue to worsen as time passes . . .

tired.gif

Originally Posted by Hetty714

Not true

I AGREE I HAVE A PAIR OF 2001 TRUE BLUE RETRO'S AND THEY ARE STILL VERY WEARABLE..I'VE KEPT THEM IN DEADSTOCK CONDITION SINCE 2001 AND HAVE WORN THEMONNCE THE CARPETS OF MY HOUSE RECENTLY, TAKING ABOUT 10 PACES BACK AND FORTH SO NOT TO CREASE THEM TOO MUCH AND THERE ARE NO SIGNS OF CRUMBLING...THEY ARE FORSALE AND HAVE A LISTING IN THE 10.5-11 BUY SELL FORUM

i still wear my 01's constantly, to the gym, to run errands, and to go out. no signs at all of air bubble fog or midsole cracks

On the real...

Just buy the shoes and wear them. Shut up about the cracking. If it cracks it means you wore them.

Do you guys do this with clothes too? Just buy a nice shirt and put it in a dry cleaning bag and talk about how good it looks? Then sell it later on?

SMH

^But my clothes dont tear after a few times wearing them.

Thats basically what it feels like when shoes crack, cracking is gonna lead to bigger cracks and its just gonna get worse.
We complain because most payed $200+ for it, we should atleast receive a quality product that doesn't wear out after a few wears.

Im just saying...

Back
Top Bottom