[..::Air Jordan Retro X White / Black – Light Steel Grey "Steel" 10/12/2013 - $170::..]

Will You Be Picking These Up?

• Yup

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Nope

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I've really been considering returning, I like the shoe but not as much, I think someone else would enjoy it more if I return it
Same here.  I tried to return my pair at Footlocker last night, but they didn't honor their 30 day policy claiming the shoe was a launch shoe.  BS b/c I returned a pair of Toros without any problems.

I didn't want anymore problems so I just sold the Xs on eBay

Same here.  I tried to return my pair at Footlocker last night, but they didn't honor their 30 day policy claiming the shoe was a launch shoe.  BS b/c I returned a pair of Toros without any problems.

Could've taken it to another location, most times it's up to the manager

footlocker ppl dont want shoes returned it seems.

when i went to get a raffle for laneys i asked the manager if they had alot and he said there was a decent amount, and i asked him if i strike out can i pick up an unclaimed pair at exactly 6:00:00pm  he said "yea. ill sell the shoe to anyone, any size, if theres a pair i dont have a problem selling it to anyone, all i care about it making the sale"

so it may depend on the store but it seems liek they hate returns .

footlocker ppl dont want shoes returned it seems.

when i went to get a raffle for laneys i asked the manager if they had alot and he said there was a decent amount, and i asked him if i strike out can i pick up an unclaimed pair at exactly 6:00:00pm  he said "yea. ill sell the shoe to anyone, any size, if theres a pair i dont have a problem selling it to anyone, all i care about it making the sale"

so it may depend on the store but it seems liek they hate returns .
Huh...

As I stated, it's honestly at the managers discretion if they'll accept release shoes for return, in FTLs case, I know the only way you can't exchange or return a shoe is if you purchase a shoe thats from the HOH section, but at Footaction I know for fact you can't return release shoes

Up to the manager

They made that rule, because resellers were buying a bunch of sizes and then trying to return them if there wasn't high demand on the resell market. Some managers will do it, because they'll easily be able to sell it.

basically...its up to the manager

sick.gif

it's not a big deal.  the only reason i was upset about it at that moment is b/c I returned a pair of Toro 4s to this very same store.  I used a discount coupon I had from ebay to get the 4s under retail.  Didn't need the second pair.  They took those back without any problems.

There was a different crew there and I didn't see the manager while returning the 10s.  I'm sure he would have taken them and called one of their buddies to come buy it. 

I cnt knock no mans hustle but No need to cop dat many pairs these ain't bread winners smh.
Right? I don't even give a damn about re-sellers or whatever, but to stock up on shoes like the Steel X's or the Laney V's? The work a person would have to put into selling those could be put towards something else, like an actual job, or at least figuring out how to stock up on a hyped release that'll get you some decent cash (Like the Bel-Air V's)

In these situations this is when the customer needs to call corporate. I posted about a situation I had in Niketown a few weeks back from when an employee gave me that "launch product" nonsense even though that made up garbage is nowhere in writing or documented. Dude was very confrontational with me and gave me unnecessary attitude. I called corporate, I got my return honored, a gift card, and the employee was out a job all because of an avoidable situation on his end.

If they don't have that launch product rule in writing or in documentation nor if they don't inform you about that policy prior to purchasing the item then its made up bs that a call to corporate will fix.

They could potentially get in trouble regarding that made up launch product rule as well. They have a return/ exchange policy that's in writing on the receipt and by the register and nowhere in it is "launch product" mentioned. Also them not verbally informing you about that policy prior to purchase can get them in hot water. Their contradicting their written policy and misleading the buyer by not informing them about certain rules with that shoe prior to purchase.

basically...its up to the manager

sick.gif

Not necessarily. Their job is to honor the company policy. Not make their own policies up on the fly when its benifical to them.

It rustles my jimmies because I've seen them deny legit returns or size exchange with receipt to random middle aged couples who bought shoes for their kids telling them company policy changed all because that employee wanted to reach a sale goal or reach their budget. I would feel terrible for the customer. Its sad though because alot of people prefer to buy stuff from chain stores like footlocker because they have the protection of a customer friendly return policy as opposed to shopping at a mom and pop spot where they may save a few bucks but its a more strict return/exchange policy in the event where they need to return the item or swap it for a different size.

Back
Top Bottom