[..::Air Jordan Retro X White / Black – Light Steel Grey "Steel" 10/12/2013 - $170::..]

Will You Be Picking These Up?

• Yup

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Nope

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
they should release um with the leather toe cap though

And dont forget the powder blue jumpman on the bottom :wink:
I think this might never happen because MJ disliked the toe cap. The steel greys were the only ones released with that because nike already massproduced them before MJ told tinker to remove it for the following colorways.
There are some dark shadow X samples though but those looked horrible because the upper were nubuck but the toe cap was black smooth leather XD.

Why? Men's sizes never released with the toe cap. I only had the toe cap version cause I wore a size 7 in 94.

Eh.....that's incorrect. Even MJ wore them with the toe cap in the charity game held in Chicago stadium when he was still in his first retirement.
And there are plenty of og steel grey around with the toe cap.

i dont really care about the jumpman on the bottom though... i like the toe cap... it made the x look better in my opinion....

without it the creasing on the toe make the shoe look like a sloppy elf sock after many wears :lol:

Can't wait for these!

Love the checkered lining.

pimp.gif

Why? Men's sizes never released with the toe cap. I only had the toe cap version cause I wore a size 7 in 94.

Eh.....that's incorrect. Even MJ wore them with the toe cap in the charity game held in Chicago stadium when he was still in his first retirement.
And there are plenty of og steel grey around with the toe cap.
Those were the pre-release pairs, and he put a stop to that. Some did make it to market, but the vast majority of men's sizes never had the toe cap, and subsequent colorways didn't get that treatment at all.

ALL pairs of the Steel Xs released with the toe cap. 

The change came after the full production run of the Steels had finished and before the Shadows (Samples of the Shadows have the cap, but no released pair.)

Last edited:
Didn't someone say the jumpman was going to be yellow...not that it matters
The yellow Jumpman was only on the '05 samples  and was NEVER going to be on these as was stated about 500 times in this thread, but NT's reading comprehension skills are, well, ya know...

Those were the pre-release pairs, and he put a stop to that. Some did make it to market, but the vast majority of men's sizes never had the toe cap, and subsequent colorways didn't get that treatment at all.

Wrong...What Firepower said is correct...The original Steel Grey X's only ever had the toe cap...Never had a plain toe for the original's...

Have to keep in mind that MJ never had any input on the design of the X's...Mike's retirement, combined with the abysmal sales figures for the initial "retro" run all indicated that the "Jordan" label was no longer going to be lucrative for Nike...Tinker was advised to let the line die and move on to other things...He designed the X simply as a tribute shoe...

Remember the original Steel Gray X's started hitting stores in November 94', a full 4 months before MJ even started playing Basketball again, and who knows how long before MJ started letting everybody know that he was coming back...The production run of the Steel Gray's were already finished and shipped to retailers by that point...They were able to stop the production run for the Shadow X's, which were the second color way to be released, and the toe cap was subsequently removed on this and all future color ways...

Wrong...What Firepower said is correct...The original Steel Grey X's only ever had the toe cap...Never had a plain toe for the original's...

Have to keep in mind that MJ never had any input on the design of the X's...Mike's retirement, combined with the abysmal sales figures for the initial "retro" run all indicated that the "Jordan" label was no longer going to be lucrative for Nike...Tinker was advised to let the line die and move on to other things...He designed the X simply as a tribute shoe...

Remember the original Steel Gray X's started hitting stores in November 94', a full 4 months before MJ even started playing Basketball again, and who knows how long before MJ started letting everybody know that he was coming back...The production run of the Steel Gray's were already finished and shipped to retailers by that point...They were able to stop the production run for the Shadow X's, which were the second color way to be released, and the toe cap was subsequently removed on this and all future color ways...
I don't disagree with any of that except that it wasn't the full production run. There were OG Steels that did not have the cap. But all of the GS Steels did have the cap.

The yellow Jumpman was only on the '05 samples and was NEVER going to be on these as was stated about 500 times in this thread, but NT's reading comprehension skills are, well, ya know...

I think it's because someone on this board kept saying it was going to be yellow, to go with the Laney V's and XI's

Last edited:
The yellow Jumpman was only on the '05 samples and was NEVER going to be on these as was stated about 500 times in this thread, but NT's reading comprehension skills are, well, ya know...

I think it's because someone on this board kept saying it was going to be yellow, to go with the Laney V's and XI's
Yeah, it was that cam dude who has been wrong about 100 times on various restocks and releases, including that there are 2 XI models coming at Christmas, one of them being a Laney pair. None of the Laney predictions he made have come true.

Back
Top Bottom