Air Jordan Retro XII French Blue - April 2016 NO BUYING, SELLING, OR TRADING

I'm still confused on why they pushed back the release date. It seems like most stores received their shipments a while ago. Are some stores waiting to receive their shipments? Is Nike possibly shipping out more pairs? 

No one is going to know for sure besides Nike, but the best best guess I've seen floating around, is Nike didn't want hype diverted from Air Max Day.

They know cats are going to cop these regardless of when they drop, so they can free up people to focus on copping AMD releases. Sometimes I wonder if they stuff like this with balancing site traffic as well, or if that's just a halo benefit.

Were Nike+ accounts randomly selected for early access to the french blue 12s?

Last edited:
would have been way more on point if they let us choose the launch shoe we could preorder rather than telling us which one.
idk about you but im happy Nike even considered to give them a chance to get another shoe plus 20% off because Nike could have just been like tough luck you lose. But saying they should let us choose the launch that's just being selfish to the extreme my friend.

idk about you but im happy Nike even considered to give them a chance to get another shoe plus 20% off because Nike could have just been like tough luck you lose. But saying they should let us choose the launch that's just being selfish to the extreme my friend.
How so? Let's say for a minute I wasn't going to cop both masters and fb's... I go to purchase the shoe I want to purchase. It goes through, I get confirmation and the money removed from my account. 2 days before they are to arrive, I am told that I will not be receiving the product I wanted/purchased and the money still removed from my account. I am told however that I can have a shoe I didn't purchase and recieve 20% off. Where else would this be acceptable? Buying a car? A house?

I'm not complaining by any means as I got both masters and fb's. All I'm saying is they kinda told ppl what they were going to get. Maybe any launch shoe is a bit much but at least any 12 since it's the style that they *think*ppl are buying

Last edited:
How so? Let's say for a minute I wasn't going to cop both masters and fb's... I go to purchase the shoe I want to purchase. It goes through, I get confirmation and the money removed from my account. 2 days before they are to arrive, I am told that I will not be receiving the product I wanted/purchased and the money still removed from my account. I am told however that I can have a shoe I didn't purchase and recieve 20% off. Where else would this be acceptable? Buying a car? A house?

I'm not complaining by any means as I got both masters and fb's. All I'm saying is they kinda told ppl what they were going to get. Maybe any launch shoe is a bit much but at least any 12 since it's the style that they *think*ppl are buying
That's the thing if you didn't want the French blue you didn't have to get it. That was just Nike's way of making it up to them. In the end if you didn't get either shoe you got to keep your money. As for any 12 that's releasing this year that's still a bit of a reach. Because it's still around tax time and they know people still have money to blow so why not offer them the French blues. By the time the other 12's drop people funds will probably be low or gone. In Nike's defense I'll say it was the perfect marketing scheme because in the end people are still happy about getting something in the end.

Some will always find something wrong with a good deed, im happy with the deal they gave us... When was the last time the FTL family looked out for thier customers ? . But early access to the next release and early delivery plus 20% off, a person must really hate life at that point

Some will always find something wrong with a good deed, im happy with the deal they gave us... When was the last time the FTL family looked out for thier customers ? . But early access to the next release and early delivery plus 20% off, a person must really hate life at that point
shoot I would have loved to have gotten early access to the French blues and 20% off. Shoot the shipping is no problem to me cause it takes one day for me to recieve stuff from Nike. Thank God moms moved us one state away from the factory lol

How long have you been in the game? Cancellations happen ALL the time and while it's frustrating, it is what it is. Most retailers just say sorry, here's your money back after a given period of time. Nike went out of their way to give a discount AND guaranteed access to one of their products that WILL sell out instantly. Entitlement is a problem in today's world.

How long have you been in the game? Cancellations happen ALL the time and while it's frustrating, it is what it is. Most retailers just say sorry, here's your money back after a given period of time. Nike went out of their way to give a discount AND guaranteed access to one of their products that WILL sell out instantly. Entitlement is a problem in today's world.

Like I said in my original posts... No complaints this way. I got both my masters and my frenchies. And tossed my boy the 20% so he could eat too. The problem was they dropped the ball so they rectified it. Nowadays it's hard enough for some to get shoes thanks to bots and It seems like with that launch they ruled. So instead of getting the shoes you might have really wanted your given access to an early product you may or may not want. That's all I'm saying. Like you pointed out cancellations happen all the time with no extras given...why was this one so different then? I personally can't answer that but it definitely makes me think...either something was up or their marketing is on super point. Haha.

I wonder how many of these Nike already sent out and if it's going to hurt their online supply. I'm leaning towards these.

It is great to see Nike giving people early access to the French blue 12 that had there master 12 orders cancelled. I am starting to think it is too little too late with Nike. Adidas is doing much better than Nike at limited releases, I'm sure many of you have seen the video of how crazy the NMD GR shoe launch was in China and Thaiwan. In Australia the hype was unreal for GR NMD. Adidas yeezy are also in a league of there own. No Nike limited shoe draws that much hype anymore. The auto lacing shoe looks cool but it is just a gimmick everyone can tie there own shoe. Nike has not released a great new shoe not a retro in a very long time. I think Nike is worried which is why they releasing Nike air on the back of the 3, 4 and 5. Adidas boost technology is doing so well, all Nike has is roshe he which can be had at outlets. I think competition is good keeps everyone on there toes. Adidas is looking long term will be interesting too see what sales look like in a decade also with under armour in the equation.

Last edited:
Who cares about the 3 strikes TBH ? Ppl can have it at with those shoes with Legos on the midsole, the strikes are still trying to recover from not getting MJ and Bron... It took them 30+ yrs for ppl to care about them all the strikes shoes are just fads. In a yr or two no one will care about them.... Nike/JB is the like Wu Tang its forever... Like 160 said in the DFA 4 thread, I'm glad Jordans are sitting, let ppl run over each other for adidas, for the rest of their lives.... Besides how many 3 strikes sigs are flying off the shelves ? I'll wait

... Besides how many 3 strikes sigs are flying off the shelves ? I'll wait
Yeezy Boost 350/750, NMDs, Ultra Boost, Dooms, PK Tubulars, EQTs, Pushas, the early ZX Fluxes, PW Superstar color pack, just off the top of my head...

And this isn't an either/or situation. People can like both brands. It's not a war. But I agree, I like how (most) retro Jordans are sitting now, with some even hitting deep discounts. That NMD release Thursday was a nightmare.

But yo...  did you just compare Nike to the Wu Tang Clan? 
indifferent.gif

Yes I did, and out of all the shoes you name none of them are signature shoes like D Lil and D Rose... Just saying
Yeah, but that's like saying how many KDs, LeBrons and Kyries are flying off the shelves. You're comparing retro Michael Jordan signature shoes w/ 30 yrs of history to modern performance basketball shoes -- apples to oranges. 

Back
Top Bottom