Air Jordan V 5 Retro Fire Red "Black Tongue" 8/31

the last time these came out, they sat. i remember walking into a local footlocker and they had my size.  there was a huge freaking crease on the toe box. at that stage in my life i didn't care so i coped it.

Those are making me want to break out my 2006's for old times sake.  And I agree, they should've had the original font on the side of the shoe, instead of the modded font.

hoping these will be easy to get or at least a decent amount available. so many shoes still to release this year from jordan brand alone, and i'm already looking forward to the VI's releases next year :lol:
I know next year with the VIs is gonna be crazy! I'm all ready thinking about which kicks I'm gonna cop and wonder what other cws JB is gonna bring back for the retros.

The only 5's that need the #23 on the side to be complete is this pair

Just wish they would go back to the old original font

air-jordan-v-fire-red-og-on-ebay-01.jpg
I realized that the netting on the OGs isn't really big either. People in my local sneaker group said that the 2013 netting was smaller than previous versions showed how cheap the new Vs are. But after seeing this pic I think the 2013 Vs have a more overall OG shape than previous models. All I need is for JB to fix the sizing on them

Not usually a fan of white kicks but these are growing on me.  What do ya'll mean by sizing issues comparing the OG and newer release?

idk if i want these or the FR 3's

i know these will hold up and last way longer but idk . 

The only 5's that need the #23 on the side to be complete is this pair

Just wish they would go back to the old original font

air-jordan-v-fire-red-og-on-ebay-01.jpg

How is the netting not yellow :nerd: I don't care that much when the sole yellows, but the netting is the main problem.

I realized that the netting on the OGs isn't really big either. People in my local sneaker group said that the 2013 netting was smaller than previous versions showed how cheap the new Vs are. But after seeing this pic I think the 2013 Vs have a more overall OG shape than previous models. All I need is for JB to fix the sizing on them

Yeah, the toe box seems better then on the 2006's

If they've resolved the midsole cracking then III's are. You don't have to worry about yellowing.

What do you guys use to treat the yellowing on your kicks? I heard people say to use amorall which is what I might do

Man I want this shoe so bad! I thought it was the year of the Vs (23rd anniversary of the AJ V, for those who don't know) but it feels like all the other retros are overshadowing the V releases this year! But I'm definitely going .5 size down because the fit is kinda big on me

This is just my personal opinion and I may receive some heat for this, but unless you're talking about the cement colorways the IIIs aren't even in the same class as Vs. When I wear IIIs they feel plain. V's just feel and look better on the feet (especially with jeans).

Just some advice to anyone who wants these but is thinking about passing: Unless you have pairs already DON'T. You're going to regret it. Mark my words.....

Man I've been waiting since 2010 to get reunited with a fresh pair again and yet it's still another month away :rolleyes

Def picking up 2 pair maybe even 3 considering there's nothing else on the horizon until October :D

This is just my personal opinion and I may receive some heat for this, but unless you're talking about the cement colorways the IIIs aren't even in the same class as Vs. When I wear IIIs they feel plain. V's just feel and look better on the feet (especially with jeans).

Just some advice to anyone who wants these but is thinking about passing: Unless you have pairs already DON'T. You're going to regret it. Mark my words.....

I'm not really a 3's guy but even I disagree with this statement. Did you forget the True Blues?

air-jordan-iii-true-blue-retro-1.jpg

The only reason imo why a lot of people would say the fire reds look plain is because the print looks like a black line instead of elephant print. The OG's weren't plain

air-jordan-3-og-fire-red_02.jpg

But don't get it twisted the black tongue 5's are my favorite Jordan of all time so its a no-brainer next month

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom