Air Jordan V 5 Retro Fire Red "Black Tongue" 8/31

i feel like instead of tinting of the soles blue, JB should throw a bottle of seaglow :tongue:.... but we know that we will never happen :smh:
regardless these will be copped im loving the box its amazing.better then that dull black JB box...only complain i have is that the boxes are not what they used to be i can't even stack my shoes no more :smh:

Hard for me to commit to white based V's any more knowing they'll be good for about 2 years before they start yellowing on the netting.

Yellowed soles dont bother me but that netting agains white looks so bad when it yellows. :wow:

Hard for me to commit to white based V's any more knowing they'll be good for about 2 years before they start yellowing on the netting.

Yellowed soles dont bother me but that netting agains white looks so bad when it yellows. :wow:

If you take care of them they don't really yellow that much. Mine are only slightly yellowed like the pic above. Now my 2000 black metallics, that's another story.

^it's true, you gotta take care of your 5's

pic taken in late 2011, roughly 5 years after (the grapes & then fire red releases on the right) - both worn, fire red only 6-12 times
they did have a slight blue hue, but not the same thing as today...

View media item 383294

I've notice if you clean the soles with soap and water it prevent it from yellowing but you have to make sure to COMPLETELY dry the soles right after (that includes ever single crack). That was the case for those Fire red 5 and how I was able to maintain them in that shape after wearing them for around 10.

After you clean and dry the soles make sure to put them in a dark area

I've notice if you clean the soles with soap and water it prevent it from yellowing but you have to make sure to COMPLETELY dry the soles right after (that includes ever single crack). That was the case for those Fire red 5 and how I was able to maintain them in that shape after wearing them for around 10.

After you clean and dry the soles make sure to put them in a dark area
Can i see pics of your 5s soles and what soap do you use?

The only pair of 5 I have now were my everyday work shoes which were the metallic 5 from 07 which I never cleaned.

I was using regular hand soap on those Fire Red 5's a few posts up. I was cleaning them with a toothbrush when I applied the soap and water. After I was done cleaning, I dried them with a towel and also a air compressor to remove any drop of water between the cracks. My next step was to place a black plastic bag inside my shoe box to wrap up the shoes so they weren't exposed to the cardboard and then place them in a dark area.

That method has worked for me in the past so I will be following those exact same steps with this year batch of 5's

Carmine's w/ icey blue soles>>>>Carmine's w/ piss yellow soles

I had a pair of Carmines that I sold because of how yellow they were w/out being worn.

Ppl fail to realize that the strong blue tint fades away after time :rolleyes

I had a pair of Carmines that I sold because of how yellow they were w/out being worn.

Ppl fail to realize that the strong blue tint fades away after time :rolleyes
clear sole>blue sole

:lol: like I said the blue tint fades...

Days out the factory:
View media item 383755
8 months later:
2ba25fd5_IMG_6034.jpeg

They really need to put that blue tinted crap to rest , its horrendeous
HELL naw....

you buggin...but from da pics already shown it naturally goes away overtime, even if you dont wear em
tired.gif

my 2006 pair is good money so i'll be skippin out on this release.

Ppl fail to realize that the strong blue tint fades away after time
eyes.gif
clear sole>blue sole
nah...

blue tint sole fades to a clear sole years later...clear soles fade into yellow soles
mean.gif

Why sell your 06's?

Are they going for a lot now?

Normally before a release or rumor of a release prices of the prior release drop, and the fire reds were never that high to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom