Air Jordan V 5 Retro Fire Red "Black Tongue" 8/31

My head is hurting after reading this :smh:[

It's a shoe thread if you're not here to read then what are you doing here?? Plenty of other things you can do. Take some Tylenol, it'll make you feel better...:x

Last edited:
I should get these. Im thinking about. Just dont really like the 23 on the side for some odd reason

I really hope they don't use this same air bag color they been using this year on the 6s next year.

the air sole color has been perfect. what are u talking about?

i hope jordan brand NEVER brings back colored air soles on og colorway jordan retros.

The fit of the recent Vs has been horrendous IMO. The 06's are quite comfortable, but I haven't felt that way about the releases since.

Looking forward to the end of holiday..I was lucky to get black grapes but it now sit in the box, so maybe trade saves me a bit

any info on availability in EU, like size or hanon?

I'm not really a 3's guy but even I disagree with this statement. Did you forget the True Blues?

air-jordan-iii-true-blue-retro-1.jpg

The only reason imo why a lot of people would say the fire reds look plain is because the print looks like a black line instead of elephant print. The OG's weren't plain

air-jordan-3-og-fire-red_02.jpg

But don't get it twisted the black tongue 5's are my favorite Jordan of all time so its a no-brainer next month
I have always been skeptical about this pic, If the whites could yellow I dont see why the elephant print couldnt change color either. But I am not an OG so I accepted it when people said the elephant print looked like this until someone in the thread proved everyone wrong

View media item 516517
View media item 516518
View media item 516519
These Images are saturated so the print appears darker than it would. You can tell that they were lightER than the last two releases but they were not that light. They were still dark.

Anyway I was going to go with the IIIs because of all the favorable reviews but the Vs are my second favorite model so I will just have to pass on the IIIs and hope the Vs turn out good in terms of quality. I know the leather will be hard. I am prepared for that. But I have the WCIVs from 2012 and I love them. Those were built like tanks

Last edited:
I know this probably old, but I only stumbled across this today.

A few differences can be spotted easily (23 placement, toe box slightly more rolled on the 2013, tongue is higher on the 2013, etc.)

More pics to check out here: http://www.kicksonfire.com/2013/05/31/air-jordan-5-fire-red-06-vs-13/
Mannn...... why is JB changing the RED on everything.

I noticed it the most on my 2013 pair of BRED 13s, but I see it in all the new models, the red is getting darker and darker. I loved the old vibrant red on OG to earlier models.

Kinda hurts, but life of the modern shoe game.....

Mannn...... why is JB changing the RED on everything.

I noticed it the most on my 2013 pair of BRED 13s, but I see it in all the new models, the red is getting darker and darker. I loved the old vibrant red on OG to earlier models.

Kinda hurts, but life of the modern shoe game.....
The only red I can see the difference in with from the 06 and 13 versions is the shade of red on the jumpman. And you are right about JB switching the shades of red. At least we didn't end up with another case of the "Varsity red" IVs from last year

Im assuming for now its just an error on someone at FTL but they got the 30th on their release calendar which is a Friday

Back
Top Bottom