Air Jordan V 5 Retro Fire Red "Black Tongue" 8/31

Any left in NYC? Hoping to pick a pair up later tonight since im at an all day concert
check HOH my friend just walked out of there with his size 10, he said they still have quite a few remaining

Last edited:
No nothing not even a key chain lol!!

Wow rly? No card, no chain they are just cutting everything these days. 

Hang tags haven't been on 5's since 2006, not even the Metallic 5's in January 2007. The only ones in 06 that didn't have one were the Carolina 5's or Grapes

And retro cards haven't been seen on all retros since 2007. A new design was created in 2009 for the retro 12 only and again were pulled after. Recently they went back to the old design again literally by giving us the retro card from 2008 on the batch of retro 8's which features 1-22 on the back

IMO I'd rather get the OG style box rather than any retro cards or hang tags

Last edited:
I'm kinda bummed.I was pumped to get these to complete my OG CW V collection, but then my wife reminded me tomorrow was the first and the mortgage check was going to clear. No pair for me today :smh: Hopefully the resale price isn't to high. Congrats to everyone that was able to cop.

good looks to the homie L-Tanin for hooking me up with a pair for retail

just goes to show you that there are still people willing to look out for other NTers out here

Hang tags haven't been on 5's since 2006, not even the Metallic 5's in January 2007. The only ones in 06 that didn't have one were the Carolina 5's or Grapes

And retro cards haven't been seen on all retros since 2007. A new design was created in 2009 for the retro 12 only and again were pulled after. Recently they went back to the old design again literally by giving us the retro card from 2008 on the batch of retro 8's which features 1-22 on the back

IMO I'd rather get the OG style box rather than any retro cards or hang tags

I think my only gripe with buying retros is the George Lucas attitude Nike takes with producing them, ie, no Nike Air, new boxes, reduced quality, etc.

For the price, I wish they'd treat them like the B-Ball signature releases.

Last edited:
good looks to the homie L-Tanin for hooking me up with a pair for retail
just goes to show you that there are still people willing to look out for other NTers out here

Feels good dont it. Im always lookin to help out members its called a community for a reason. Just wish we all had the same mentality

I got my pair but the toe box is super big on both shoes doesn't look right I got them from footaction anybody else have this problem?

I got my pair but the toe box is super big on both shoes doesn't look right I got them from footaction anybody else have this problem?
What size were they and do you have pictures so we can compare it to other people's ?

Glad everyone that wanted them was able to get them. This is a cool article about MJ's best moments in this colorway, some pics I hadn't seen here before - http://sneakerreport.com/news/michael-jordans-best-performances-in-the-air-jordan-v-fire-red/

This feature is all wrong. Jordan didn't start wearing the Air Jordan V black tongue/fire red colorway until the fall of 1990 for the first half of the 1990-91 season, NOT at all during the 1989-1990 season. The only Jordan Vs he wore in the spring/summer of 1990 were the 3M tongue/fire red (regular season, 69 points against the Cavs) and the black/silver V for the playoffs. Then in January 1991 he started wearing the white/infrared Jordan VI. Back then Jordan wore each Air Jordan model according to calendar year, not by the NBA season. The first time Jordan wore the same model for an entire season - the Air Jordan XI in '95-'96. He wore the XII for the entire '96-'97 season, and in '97-'98 he almost wore the XIII for the whole season but in the playoffs started wearing low XIIIs and the AJ XIV. I've been collecting Jordans since the fall of 1990, I used to starve myself at school and not spend my lunch money in order to save them for Jordans. Heh. The first pair I ever bought was the OG black/silver V, which was already the "old" colorway in the fall of that year.

Okay so I see some pictures with the tongue as long as the 3m and some as long as the grapes. Does the tongue length depend on your size? Cuz the part that's black on mine is small like the 2013 grapes

Referring to the 2013 pair

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom