Air Jordan V 5 Retro Fire Red "Black Tongue" 8/31

I just went through this post to see how long these would hold up if I buy them but all I see if people talking about everything but that. Can we get back to the shoes?

How many ppl wore theirs multiple times and how is the paint holding up?

you mean like cracking? i had no idea the v had cracking problems?

Yea none of my Vs had any cracking problems. Never heard of anyone complaining either. I wore my 3M V that realease early this year more than 10x already, and still looks like I've only wore them once. No cracking issue there.

I do know both pairs of my 2000 retro i suspect arent wearable :frown: i lightly stuck a nail in both and that sucker went in :frown: frickin nike why couldnt they just use a black rubber midsole instead of painting a white one? :frown:

Not Referring to cracking but paint chipping. I had 06 fire reds and they had a major paint chipping problem they were flawless but after 4-5 wears they were chipping. Grapes 07 and metallic 5s from around then had horrible paint jobs.

Not Referring to cracking but paint chipping. I had 06 fire reds and they had a major paint chipping problem they were flawless but after 4-5 wears they were chipping. Grapes 07 and metallic 5s from around then had horrible paint jobs.

Not sure what your talking about. I have 2 pairs of metallics from 07 and have no issues with the paint at all, and I've worn one pair many many times.

Not sure what your talking about. I have 2 pairs of metallics from 07 and have no issues with the paint at all, and I've worn one pair many many times.
He's right. '07 metallics do have cracking issues although minor. I noticed in mine a few months ago. Not devastating, just need refreshing.

It takes a lot longer for the paint to start chipping on V's then it does on III's and IV's.
Even when the paint does start to chip on V's it's no where near as bad as the III's and IV's.

laugh.gif

A Hot Shoe is a hot Shoe. I remember 3 years ago when I wore my 2006 pair I "Broke more than a few Necks". I dont mind the term it just depends how you use it. As for Black tongue 5s their a classic Shoe. Better than the other Fire Reds in my Opinion, but as times change styles do too. Once a shoe is marked general release people start hating. If these were a Limited Release people would brag , throw pics up and rape prices. "Bunny" 8s, Fire Red 3s, White and Varsity red 6s, even Cement 3s get slept on and sat a little but these days its because the kids dont like them, But the true collectors and older dudes who appreciate the CW get them and appreciate them. Their not whack because they didnt sell as fast as a hyped up shoe, you just have people who want pairs like Green Glows more smh.
Word.

My 06 fire reds are just starting to chip. It's different than the III's and isn't as noticeable.

I recently got into Jordan's. My first pair was the Spizike 3M. After a few wears I realized they were hurting my ankles in the Fibula area and hurting my metatarsal first joint (where the front crease usually forms). Now I got me a pair of Jordan 5s in the fire red. Just wondering if these will hurt my feet as well. I know the ankle part is the same exact way on both sneakers . But I also think the leather on these is much softer. Thanks for the input.

^ mine are really comfortable and cause no pain after several wears. i don't really consider spizikes as real jordans and you can bet the 5s are better built, more comfortable and will hold up longer.

Just sharing. I think they are yellowing faster than the grapes. and those stains.
View media item 580150View media item 580152View media item 580153View media item 580154View media item 580155

mine were already giving me light signs of yellowing out the box the same day i got em. but its whatever. like they say gives the shoe character. never really seen an icy blue 5 till now any way. oh and did u take the paper out? i heard that causes em to yellow faster too.

Back
Top Bottom