Air Jordan V "Black Grapes" QS

I hope these restock. I had the waiting in line screen up on NDC but opened an extra tab to try other sites while I was waiting. When I clicked back on the NDC tab I was booted out of line, tried to add back in cart... sold out... pissed

HAVING TO NETWORK = NOT EASY COP IN MY BOOK. THERE WAS NO SUCH THING AS NETWORKING BACK IN THE DAY. YOU JUST WALKED IN AND COPPED.

WAKING UP EARLY = NOT EASY COP. EVEN IF YOU WOKE UP 1-10 MINUTES BEFORE THE RELEASE.

Wait

So if i wake up at 6:45am normally and have an under 2 minute cop from nike for the black grapes, thats not an easy cop?

Get outta here

Last edited:
I don't see how it would hurt them though. Everything will still sell out and bring even more income. I get that they build hype and everything but honestly they will always sell, extra hyped or not imo

maybe they would sell but not like they do now. if they make every shoe super easy to get and in multitudes then you got dudes goin " ima just cop later on disco." then jb has inventory sitting around forever..hitting outlets in great numbers and people passing for the next hot shoe. thats not what jb wants. they want an instant sellout everytime and this is the strategy that gets them to that point. the days of strollin into a store to try on and grab some js are few and far between if not gone altogether.

These > metallics IMO
I'm really in love with this CW, purple & black is nice on its own and the emerald gives it pop. The richer color of purple (than the aquas) are what sets these apart, It's a really classy color way (if that even sounds right describing a sneaker)which is probably why they tried for a richer suede.

These are easily in my top 5 Jordans ever in terms of model-cw combinations. These are dope.

As soon as my pair comes in I'll have that suede dye ready tho.

My white grapes are a size 9 my true size is 9.5 but I had to go 0.5 size down but now I'm getting worried the black grapes won't fit because I bought a 9 in them too

Hopefully the nubuck won't make a difference

congrats to all those that go theirs, looking at ebay prices and availability, 250 BIN ebay doesn't make me feel too bad now (be here mon/tue). That's how much the white grapes are going for now on avg from my searches.

No ash on my pair
tumblr_mohvnjSuzo1qad0qco1_500.jpg

why u gotta watch ur back for some jordan 5s that others have...u act like they r jordan bin or the dmp or somethin
First of all the part of the city I'm in isn't that great of a neighborhood. People are asking what J's I copped. They don't care what shoe it is. They just know its a new release.
You'd be stupid to be showing off what you just got at that mall.

I need a 13, where can I get a pair, not more than $240, any euro places still have them. Please someone pm me the info

I was able to get a 11 and 11.5 I'm gonna say that both pairs have their flaws. The material is preworn it seems. I like these shoes though. I'm gonna b on the lookout for a 3rd pair if I can scoop them for 200 or so. These are instant classics IMO

The same thing happens online. People just grab whatever sizes are still available..and then people who want the shoe miss out and have to buy from the resellers. I think JB and Nike need to keep releasing tons of extra pairs to weed out the reselling.
The thing is though if you miss out on retail you are going to have to pay reseller prices (given that you still want the shoe). So if you get the shoe in any size atleast you can sell it for about the price that youll pay resell.

straight up bro, right now this "expert marketing strategy" is creating hype for the beasts...but turning diehards all the way off
jus let me spend my money on the shoes i want, i can care less who else has them
next release my mentality is not-"u gotta do more to cop"
its go online or fuq it, im over the stress of jordans-the stress is outweighing my dying passion
saturation kills. And since Jordan's CAN'T upgrade or change designs (the retro's), one of the last things you wan't to do is make them overly available.  Kills the hype, kills the want.  Diehards lose interest.  Shoe loses hype. Michael Jordan closes down 35 chinese factories.

right now Jordan brand has reached a sweet spot.  Everyone involved from Michael Jordan down is comfortable with their payout.  So they make limited quanities that will keep those consistent fat checks coming, in proportion to the stock they produce for every major retro release.  There isn't any incentive to make them more available.  They are gettin cash, while creating "thirst" from sneakerheads.  Its kind of genius IMO.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom