Air Jordan V "Black Grapes" QS

Got my 12 and my my dude bigpapamark72 size 14 from my local mom and pop if anyone needs a 6.5 my mom and pop has them for retail in cbus ohio let me know ill tell you the spot. And these are sickkkkkkkkk
Good Lookin my man 2nd pair on the way from Champs!!!!!  Enjoy the Camos!!!  
pimp.gif

Who all went .5 sz down?

I did.
I grabbed the first white grapes I could, they were an entire size smaller than my true size. I was able to wear them comfortably without the insole.
I figured .5 up would fit perfectly.

Last edited:
All the Grape 5 pics that is all ASHY and white on the material were all pre-release/b-grade photos.  The retail version the material is so buttery and soft.  Way better than anything that has recently been released.

All the Grape 5 pics that is all ASHY and white on the material were all pre-release/b-grade photos.  The retail version the material is so buttery and soft.  Way better than anything that has recently been released.

I seem my boy's pair from FTL last night , still ashy.

How they appear doesn't mean the material is bad.

If the suede isn't brushed a certain way they look ashy. And when the light reflects off them in pics display it.

They are ashy

no you should be fine. I order just about every week and sometimes I don't get an e mail. Just online chat with them to confirm.

Thats not true. Official pairs have been pictured "ashy" too when the light is right and the material is brushed against the grain. If you brush yours the wrong way they will look ashy and have white spots too. It is the mark of longer haired suede & nubuck fabrics.

Why everybody who didn't cop swears these are "SO ASHY" and everybody who did cop swears there's "NO ASH AT ALL" is beyond me. Both of those statements are untrue. The quality is great but the material will reflect lighter in spots if the nap is brushed against the grain.

I have them & love them. They ARE ashy when the nap is brushed in the wrong direction, which can happen even by touching it. When the material is all brushed in the same direction they look fine.

Last edited:
Hard to imagine how people don't catch the sarcasm intended for camping out being an easy cop...

Last edited:
Question to the ones who got theirs from FNL: how did you get through? From the link via Twitter or the link posted earlier in this thread? The link posted in the thread didn't work for me even after release time, sizes didn't show up.
On one of my browsers I used the link posted earlier, but it didn't come up as you said. On my other computer, I just refreshed the Jordan brand shoes page on FNL with Highest price sort, once the "Brapes" showed up I clicked on it. Entered my Amex and WC reward and checked out by 8:04. It could've been just luck, but for me it seems when using Chrome, I luck out on FNL.

I was already awake so I refreshed twitter for a couple minutes and clicked one link.

I've camped for 6 hours before and came out empty handed.

Can someone help me? Which was an easy cop?

no you should be fine. I order just about every week and sometimes I don't get an e mail. Just online chat with them to confirm.
Anybody not receive a confirmation email from Footaction? My paypal payment process says "Completed" yet no confirmation email.. Should I be worried?

Easy cop or not is all based on an individuals experience.
I was able to cop 2 without much effort on ndc and literally got lucky and with another pair on fnl.
Once again it doesn't mean someone else didn't equally try as hard but our experiences are going to be different based on built in advantages I may have, internet speed, choice in browsers, and the size/sizes I went after.

A lot of you lot on here need to crack open a thesaurus.

The word 'ashy' must of been used 1037 times in this thread.

If you didn't post it would have only been 1036

Thats not true. Official pairs have been pictured "ashy" too when the light is right and the material is brushed against the grain. If you brush yours the wrong way they will look ashy and have white spots too. It is the mark of longer haired suede & nubuck fabrics.

Why everybody who didn't cop swears these are "SO ASHY" and everybody who did cop swears there's "NO ASH AT ALL" is beyond me. Both of those statements are untrue. The quality is great but the material will reflect lighter in spots if the nap is brushed against the grain.

I have them & love them. They ARE ashy when the nap is brushed in the wrong direction, which can happen even by touching it. When the material is all brushed in the same direction they look fine.

I have them, and others do. We've said they're ashy. Not varsity red VI ash, but they're ashier than black metallics [shrug]

white grapes and black grapes have same value... what you'l think...? someone asked me this question at the mall, i said why wouldnt they. they both were 160

EASY COP PHRASE SHOULD BE PHASED OUT AND ELIMINATED. NO SUCH THING ANYMORE.

EASY COP:

1. STROLLING IN TO SHOE STORE JUST BROWSING, NOT KNOWING A GOOD COLORWAY IN A SHOE HAS DROPPED AND ALL SIZES AVAILABLE. EMPLOYEE EVEN TAKES THE TIME TO UNLACE SHOE FOR YOU TO TRY ON :lol:
I remember those days lol. You walk in and ask for ur size and have a seat. The employee comes back with the shoe smiling and unlaced them for you and hands them to u to try on. Now the employee looks at you with disgust and don't even think about trying on the shoe on a Saturday morning release.

Happy fathers day to all the sneakerheads with Lil ones...enjoy ya day peace..
*looks in closet, what to wear..lol

I'm just not into these. Period.
But I picked them up for a friend who really wanted them for daily drivers.
I'll stick with my Metallic Vs for when I feel like wearing a V, which is rarely.
Vs don't look too good on me (i have bigger feet).
All Love to those who bought these to WEAR though... b/c that's what it's about
:nerd:
On a side note:
I was out and about this morning and saw these 2 cats who both had one white grape on and one black grape on :smh:
I really hope this doesn't take over IG. But I'ma go ahead and make the prediction that it does haha

Last edited:
Heads up guys be on the lookout for a very limited restock in two weeks or so..... On your local craigslist.

I'm sure a few resellers will be dumping to pay their bills on the first of the month lol

Back
Top Bottom