Air Jordan V "Black Grapes" QS

Just incase there was still a debate on whether or not these really were a QS release
I never understood really why it even mattered to begin with in the first place whether it was QS or not. Especially now afterwards, QS or not they were extremely limited and damn near impossible to obtain online. But for the ones that were going back in forth before release I just didnt get why it mattered, it wasnt going to change the outcome. Idk guess its just me that really didnt care.

qs was debatable?
Yup, earlier on in this thread. People were Saying it wasn't because NDC didn't have QS in the name, and others were saying it was QS because they were produced in "huge" numbers like the white
Grapes. All though a QS label isn't based on production numbers.

I never understood really why it even mattered to begin with in the first place whether it was QS or not. Especially now afterwards, QS or not they were extremely limited and damn near impossible to obtain online. But for the ones that were going back in forth before release I just didnt get why it mattered, it wasnt going to change the outcome. Idk guess its just me that really didnt care.

Not necessarily true. Knowing what kind of release it is can determine how you go about getting (or trying to get) the shoe. I for one wouldn't go about getting a well stocked GR shoe in the same way I'd go about getting a QS shoe which will most likely be stocked in small quantities. How you go about it is the difference between copping and saying "oh well, on to the next one"

Not necessarily true. Knowing what kind of release it is can determine how you go about getting (or trying to get) the shoe. I for one wouldn't go about getting a well stocked GR shoe in the same way I'd go about getting a QS shoe which will most likely be stocked in small quantities. How you go about it is the difference between copping and saying "oh well, on to the next one"
True I thought about that after I was done but too lazy to edit and my manager was coming.

With the way shoes release and sell out quick these days limited/qs/gr is all the same depending on the shoe. Yeah a QS goes a lot faster than a GR but obtaining a pair is just about the same hassle. a super hyped GR will go almost just as quick. With every release doing raffles youre still have a chance to strike out.

a GR like a crimson 3, Bunny 8s, Suns 8s, Photo Blue 9s are a completely different category can almost just be mixed in the with the Retro 1 '93s

My brother saw these and said the quality wasn't good. He told me that all of the pairs they got in the store weren't all that great.

True I thought about that after I was done but too lazy to edit and my manager was coming.

With the way shoes release and sell out quick these days limited/qs/gr is all the same depending on the shoe. Yeah a QS goes a lot faster than a GR but obtaining a pair is just about the same hassle. a super hyped GR will go almost just as quick. With every release doing raffles youre still have a chance to strike out.

a GR like a crimson 3, Bunny 8s, Suns 8s, Photo Blue 9s are a completely different category can almost just be mixed in the with the Retro 1 '93s

Jordan Brand just doesn't releases hot retro+ color ways anymore. I remember getting excited when the citrus 7s came out or even when the unc LS 5s dropped. Now we get Retros like crimson 3s and Orion 7s. The color ways just don't stack up. At least they got it right with this one

I'm thinking they will release the bred 1 on the same day as one of the AJ XI(Im thinking GR)but limited quantities on the bred 1s.

My brother saw these and said the quality wasn't good. He told me that all of the pairs they got in the store weren't all that great.
Pair I got was great quality wise. In fact, they are up there with the best quality retros to release recently.

Pair I got was great quality wise. In fact, they are up there with the best quality retros to release recently.
Agreed.  White leather in general has been an issue for JB lately.  The IVs and Vs have not looked well put together IMO.

Agreed.  White leather in general has been an issue for JB lately.  The IVs and Vs have not looked well put together IMO.

Its not an issue. JB has been using **** leather to prevent creasing. Good leather creases easily, and consumers don't want shoes that crease easily

Last edited:
Its not an issue. JB has been using **** leather to prevent creasing. Good leather creases easily, and consumers don't want shoes that crease easily
I understand the point, but not sure that I agree.  The leather on the Varsity Red VIs, 88 WC IIIs, and some others has been amazing.  It creases a bit, but looks natural.  I even dig the leather on the black toes, and that creases horribly.

The leather on the IVs (WC, etc.) and Vs (grapes, fire reds, etc.) is harder, but looks worse than the shoes mentioned above both DS and after wear.  With that said, I think my fire red Vs look better after a few wears as they looked a bit plastic-like out of the box.

WRT suede, I prefer the black grapes material to that of metallics, bred IVs, and some others.  Having said that, the suede on my Lakers VIs is my favorite.  

No matter what I say/think, it's all about personal preference (hopefully).  You like what you like, and if you are lucky you are able to buy it at retail.

Trust me they are QS, i phoned nike the day before the released to see if they would give me numbers and he said "its a quick strike release so very limited".. wanted to wear these today but rain = :'(

Trust me they are QS, i phoned nike the day before the released to see if they would give me numbers and he said "its a quick strike release so very limited".. wanted to wear these today but rain = :'(

And we trust everything Nike rep tells us over the phone?

With technology and info leaks everywhere. Nothing can be a quick strike like the past. The last real quick strike to me was the galaxy foams and galaxy rookies because of the lack of info on precise selling date and time and the fact it was online only option for most.

But then again time has changed.

Now a quick strike is not on original production notice and limited supply. And that is it. Knowing when they are sold, instore raffles, knowing more than 3 months in advance of production are not enough to take away the "as" for many.

Why are dudes still discussing if it's a QS release AFTER they've been released?

Everyone should know they weren't a GR by now.

Whats up fellas, 

I got my pair in today from an ebay seller. Luckily, he gave me a good price, not near what there going for on ebay, but I just had a question for you guys. He included the receipt like he said he would and it was a foot locker receipt, but there was no ftl sticker on the box? So, my question is do sometimes ftl not have a sticker on the box, or do you think he just threw the receipt in a different box? 

Whats up fellas, 

I got my pair in today from an ebay seller. Luckily, he gave me a good price, not near what there going for on ebay, but I just had a question for you guys. He included the receipt like he said he would and it was a foot locker receipt, but there was no ftl sticker on the box? So, my question is do sometimes ftl not have a sticker on the box, or do you think he just threw the receipt in a different box? 
i bought my pair off a reseller also through craigslist and he also included a footlocker receipt but there wasn't an FTL sticker on the box also

Back
Top Bottom