Air Jordan V Black Metallic 2011 Vol. 23 Stitched

I dont know what the fuss is...they still look nice. People complained about the material of the VIs too but it actually holds up better than durabuck. Doesnt peel over time and doesnt crease.

My 07s are yellowed (netting is still ice though) so ill be getting these. Theyll be on par when you consider the cons of each release

2011s: Durabuck replaced with Nubuck (NOT SUEDE), but brighter 3m
2007s: 3m is dull but upper is Durabuck

I dont know what the fuss is...they still look nice. People complained about the material of the VIs too but it actually holds up better than durabuck. Doesnt peel over time and doesnt crease.

My 07s are yellowed (netting is still ice though) so ill be getting these. Theyll be on par when you consider the cons of each release

2011s: Durabuck replaced with Nubuck (NOT SUEDE), but brighter 3m
2007s: 3m is dull but upper is Durabuck

The bottom line here folks is $$$.

Jordan Brand pays for the rights to certain materials for a time period.

This is cheaper for them as a company, so they used it.

It's just business.

If they did it to the last black VIs (my holy grails BTW, a simple clean shoe they just found a way to mess up), you didn't think THESE were fair game?

It's just business.

If they did it to the last black VIs (my holy grails BTW, a simple clean shoe they just found a way to mess up), you didn't think THESE were fair game?

Originally Posted by dtb00201

Seriously, can we chill until we get marqueesole pictures or pics of the actual release version for sure? Dudes are jumping out the window over a smudge.
Granted, but you can clearly see the material is suede, just by the indentation on the stitching. 
By all means, go ahead and buy, but we're just simply expressing our dismay with the decision to use suede.  Unlike most people in here, I don't buy something, if I don't like it. 

Seriously, can we chill until we get marqueesole pictures or pics of the actual release version for sure? Dudes are jumping out the window over a smudge.
Granted, but you can clearly see the material is suede, just by the indentation on the stitching. 
By all means, go ahead and buy, but we're just simply expressing our dismay with the decision to use suede.  Unlike most people in here, I don't buy something, if I don't like it. 

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

I'm just saying let's wait for real pictures before people get bent out of shape. Let's not forget that the white cement 3s that were originally posted on this exact same website had a smooth tongue and the real release had tumbled leather.

I'm just saying let's wait for real pictures before people get bent out of shape. Let's not forget that the white cement 3s that were originally posted on this exact same website had a smooth tongue and the real release had tumbled leather.

You are correct.  They will most likely look nice, but if they are suede, it's still a no go for me.  

You are correct.  They will most likely look nice, but if they are suede, it's still a no go for me.  

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

It's just business.

but i dont get it...they use durabuck on ALLLLL da kid sizes
mad.gif
frown.gif
put it on da men sizes PLEASE DAMN IT!

im glad i got my 2007's basically DS.....smh..sad turn of events b

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

It's just business.

but i dont get it...they use durabuck on ALLLLL da kid sizes
mad.gif
frown.gif
put it on da men sizes PLEASE DAMN IT!

im glad i got my 2007's basically DS.....smh..sad turn of events b

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

My dude, I've been jumping in my time capsule and heading back to 2000-2001, and buying the heat I should have been buying instead of what's releasing now. 
These new 13's got me excited about Jordans again, so I've been on that wagon, hoping, giving JB a chance to bring that glory back, but they keep disappointing.   

It's all good though, I know you have that heat to hold you over for decades. 

My man. I'm glad you understand. The round of 13's were actually the first JB product I had bought in 3 years and I anticipated the comeback of good quality and consistency along with those 13's but of course we're asking for too much. 
eyes.gif

I have a few select pairs from the early 2000's but fam it would be nice to have some new pairs with the same quality, you know? Just to keep around for 4-5 years and rock out later. My '01 true blues and '00 V's are almost done man. I have a few other pairs but soon once my JB products are gone - it'll be dunzo for me..

I've been waiting for this shoe to come back for quite some time. What's it take to slap durabuck on shoe, 0.70 cents more? Come one now. This is disrespectful for customers. But as long as these noobs continue to swallow anything JB puts out, nothing will change FB23.

Them playoff 13's were my first jordan copp since Carmines back in 08.  I'll copp the Bordeaux fer some new beaters since thats as close as its gonna get to the 1992's.  Passin on these 5's though regardless, they crease at a donkey rate, and i still got the 99's sittin on ice. 

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

My dude, I've been jumping in my time capsule and heading back to 2000-2001, and buying the heat I should have been buying instead of what's releasing now. 
These new 13's got me excited about Jordans again, so I've been on that wagon, hoping, giving JB a chance to bring that glory back, but they keep disappointing.   

It's all good though, I know you have that heat to hold you over for decades. 

My man. I'm glad you understand. The round of 13's were actually the first JB product I had bought in 3 years and I anticipated the comeback of good quality and consistency along with those 13's but of course we're asking for too much. 
eyes.gif

I have a few select pairs from the early 2000's but fam it would be nice to have some new pairs with the same quality, you know? Just to keep around for 4-5 years and rock out later. My '01 true blues and '00 V's are almost done man. I have a few other pairs but soon once my JB products are gone - it'll be dunzo for me..

I've been waiting for this shoe to come back for quite some time. What's it take to slap durabuck on shoe, 0.70 cents more? Come one now. This is disrespectful for customers. But as long as these noobs continue to swallow anything JB puts out, nothing will change FB23.

Them playoff 13's were my first jordan copp since Carmines back in 08.  I'll copp the Bordeaux fer some new beaters since thats as close as its gonna get to the 1992's.  Passin on these 5's though regardless, they crease at a donkey rate, and i still got the 99's sittin on ice. 

i just had a feeling they would screw these up somehow. i've never accepted the '23' on the side or the jumpman on back when they last retro'd. it just didn't look right to me for some reason. this is one of the few og colorways imo that looks better with 'nike air' on back. can't wait for summer to un-ds my '00 pair. thanks jb for saving me some money.

i just had a feeling they would screw these up somehow. i've never accepted the '23' on the side or the jumpman on back when they last retro'd. it just didn't look right to me for some reason. this is one of the few og colorways imo that looks better with 'nike air' on back. can't wait for summer to un-ds my '00 pair. thanks jb for saving me some money.

These look like the garbage that came with the 6's - that ashy fade to grey color. I would never buy another shoe with that material again, even these.

Classics are ruined. JB taking anotha L

These look like the garbage that came with the 6's - that ashy fade to grey color. I would never buy another shoe with that material again, even these.

Classics are ruined. JB taking anotha L

Back
Top Bottom