Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

So what's the concensus on wearing the lace locks?

I wore my the first 2 times I wore them. That 3rd time they went into the box. Too annoying to have to tighten/loosen.

With 6's I usually move them to the toe... With 5's they end up in a box full of spare shoe stuff... all they will do is destroy your laces if you use them to actually tighten them.

One of the worst off-court accessories ever.

Last edited:
Also the inside of the air bubble is unpainted.

114993.jpg

Was just about to post this fact! They were trying to showcase "air" and not painting that really makes it pop more. Hate that it tends to get dirty, but it's actually a better design and OG. That said, back in the day I don't know if that was strategic, or they just didn't have the technique/tools to paint it nicely without additional cost....heh.

Was just about to post this fact! They were trying to showcase "air" and not painting that really makes it pop more. Hate that it tends to get dirty, but it's actually a better design and OG. That said, back in the day I don't know if that was strategic, or they just didn't have the technique/tools to paint it nicely without additional cost....heh.

I only had the black metallic OG's when the 5's originally released. I don't remember the air bubble pocket being unpainted like the white Fire Red.

I only had the black metallic OG's when the 5's originally released. I don't remember the air bubble pocket being unpainted like the white Fire Red.

Yeah, those are the only ones I had in '90 and can't recall to be honest. When I search for vintage images I see examples of both painted and not painted. Maybe it differed by factory, or by run. Not really important either way; just curious really.

So what's the concensus on wearing the lace locks?

I wore my the first 2 times I wore them. That 3rd time they went into the box. Too annoying to have to tighten/loosen.
I don’t wear them at all....also like to wear pants over the tongue. More subtle look imo.

Yeah idk what’s so hard about using them or understanding the functionality. The laces go through the front and out the back of the lace lock. You pull the laces to desired tightness through the lace lock then loop through preferred eyelets and tie your damn shoes. Simple.

Yeah idk what’s so hard about using them or understanding the functionality. The laces go through the front and out the back of the lace lock. You pull the laces to desired tightness through the lace lock then loop through preferred eyelets and tie your damn shoes. Simple.
Wait no. They go back to front and you tie your knot on the front of it that way if it comes untied your laces stay tight.

Wait no. They go back to front and you tie your knot on the front of it that way if it comes untied your laces stay tight.

Yup....this. The way described previously I think actually looks better, but it is a severe pain to deal with that each time putting the shoes on and off.

For the shots with and without above, the laces look so short...in a good way for those tying like that.

Me, personally, even back in the OG days none of us wore the lace locks unless playing ball; there just wasn't any point, and it got in the way.

Wearing pants over the tongue....yikes....wow. That was a key part of the show that we all wanted everyone to see, particular the 3M tongue versions so people could comment on how cool our shoes were!

Wearing pants over the tongue....yikes....wow. That was a key part of the show that we all wanted everyone to see, particular the 3M tongue versions so people could comment on how cool our shoes were!

NT DENIM!!!

Has anyone had a free pair of kicks from FTL/FNL/FA? I ordered two of these, and it's one per customer, but they charged my card for 424. They canceled one a few days later and refunded the 212, and then I got shipping confirmation for the first pair. I wake up and they took the charge off of my card, refunded me the other 212, and the shoes are enroute. Has this happend to anyone else?? Right now it looks like I'll have a free pair if nothing changes.
Well , got my second shipping e-mail from Footlocker. Apparently Foot Locker doesn't follow the 1 per customer rule, because I checked out with two pairs at the same time. Haven't been charged for either pair yet either. Turned out to be unexpected triple up of these.

Back
Top Bottom