Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

Can’t believe I never knew about these 1995 retro samples until today lol
623F1AEA-991D-4B88-9562-02237C33A714.jpeg

slightly more refined looking than the og.
Wow never knew about these... Even those also have a more defined “ankle bump” than the OG.. Maybe this helps support the theory that they wanted them this way in 1990 but didn’t happen for some reason.

Also, I’m very thankful they sharpened the midsole teeth, because that s*** looks bad lol.

Can’t believe I never knew about these 1995 retro samples until today lol
623F1AEA-991D-4B88-9562-02237C33A714.jpeg

slightly more refined looking than the og.
Word? Say/share more. Seems random there'd be a 95 sample of these.
Wow never knew about these... Even those also have a more defined “ankle bump” than the OG.. Maybe this helps support the theory that they wanted them this way in 1990 but didn’t happen for some reason.

Also, I’m very thankful they sharpened the midsole teeth, because that s*** looks bad lol.

It was hard to read that write-up with some of the goofy crap they were saying (the Jordan 5 is an Air Max? lol). The seal/logo on the Retro 3 box showed 1988-1991, and the rumor back then was that the original plan was 3, 4, 5, and possibly the 6. Then for some reason, they went backwards after the 3 release, and did 1 & 2 instead.

Screenshot_20200609-211257.png

It was hard to read that write-up with some of the goofy crap they were saying (the Jordan 5 is an Air Max? lol). The seal/logo on the Retro 3 box showed 1988-1991, and the rumor back then was that the original plan was 3, 4, 5, and possibly the 6. Then for some reason, they went backwards after the 3 release, and did 1 & 2 instead.

Screenshot_20200609-211257.png

Yeah that's so random those boxes said 1988-1991.

Sad fact...to this day I have yet to hold one of the 1994 retro boxes in hand to look at it up close.

Anyone still looking for them 18Montrose seems to still have stock of UK 5.5 to UK 12

Everywhere else I looked was totally sold out.

They do ship bagged up though, not double boxed.

Yeah that's so random those boxes said 1988-1991.

Sad fact...to this day I have yet to hold one of the 1994 retro boxes in hand to look at it up close.
Still have the 2 and 3 Retro boxes from then. They are full of my top loaded and graded Mike Cards. I put all my Mike cards in Jordan boxes that aren’t holding shoes.

I really believe the 2000 is the look they originally intended but who knows. The ogs look a little sloppy both ankle bumps and the paint job.

I hear you. People put OGs on a pedestal, but craftsmanship wasn't all that. I vividly recall my WC4s back in the day having a jagged tongue (at the top). No way I want that back now!

5s were the first Jordan I remember seeing in person. I thought they were so fresh back then.
I was a little kid and they had clear soles. I'd never seen anything like that.

Now, I'd never buy a pair of 5s. They're like the 12th-15th best Jordan or so.

Any of you think the 5s are the GOAT?

5s were the first Jordan I remember seeing in person. I thought they were so fresh back then.

BM V’s are my all time favorite shoe. They were my first pair of J’s and will always be my favorites.

giphy.gif

well, they're definitely up there for me

first pair of Jordans I had in 1990

not as wearable as some others but definitely top 5

12th or 15th best?

E9BC30DC-6644-4879-BB4A-F49ECAFDCABB.gif

Back
Top Bottom