Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

We just had a massive snow storm and it's going to rain tomorrow. Plus they toss salt everywhere. The closest place to purchase Jordans in person is a an hour and 45 minute round trip, where they ONLY do raffles.
An hour and 45 minutes? Geez. I don't think I could deal with that lol. It would probably cut down on some of my more unnecessary shoe purchases though.

These and DMPs at the Nike outlet. Dont know the reason why there in replacement boxes... Started to double up but I only worn my pair once since the release...

20201221_163805.jpg
20201221_164804.jpg
20201221_164759.jpg

These and DMPs at the Nike outlet. Dont know the reason why there in replacement boxes... Started to double up but I only worn my pair once since the release...

20201221_163805.jpg
20201221_164804.jpg
20201221_164759.jpg
Damn these actually hit outlets? Might actually jump on a 10 if one floats around the price range, how much were they asking?

20201221_163805.jpg
20201221_164804.jpg
20201221_164759.jpg
Unbelievable. If you don't mind me asking, where do you live?

Last edited:
Air Jordans, cool shoes and sneakers are rare here, just like attractive, fit women 😑
Not sure where your located but one poll i ran across some time earlier in the year had the average american female weight at 160lbs...
One hundred...and 60 pounds...for a female...let that sink in lol.

They look like super smooth like cream 👍 I don't see any shimmer. Nice work, they look awesome. Around the ankle on the left shoe in the bottom picture, there is a light shine. But then I would feel like I'm knit picking, when they look perfect 10/10. Great job ♨

I ended up doing it, but the shine didn't change too much and the Matte finish I used i use on all my customs. It's really weird man maybe it's just the way my phone takes photos I can't capture it well.
20201216_175139.jpg
20201206_142608.jpg
20201117_153745.jpg
Did you reshape them??

Edit: Oh okay "rub down" doesn't mean reshape, right? Ah, the pleasures of not being a native English-American speaker.

Restock

They look like super smooth like cream 👍 I don't see any shimmer. Nice work, they look awesome. Around the ankle on the left shoe in the bottom picture, there is a light shine. But then I would feel like I'm knit picking, when they look perfect 10/10. Great job ♨
Thank you I appriciate it a lot. I was really hoping it was noticeable on pictures. It looks different in person too looks a lot more mute almost like the 2000 pair but not quite, like you said ankle etc is still shiny.

Did you reshape them??

Edit: Oh okay "rub down" doesn't mean reshape, right? Ah, the pleasures of not being a native English-American speaker.
No I haven't done a reshape on this pair only the 4s I buy. I sprayed them with a Matte spray coat called matte finish from Krylon spray paint company, when you finish a custom paint job it takes off some of the shiny look to the shoe and make it look more natural. I just sprayed it on this pair to make the leather less shiny.

Thank you I appriciate it a lot. I was really hoping it was noticeable on pictures. It looks different in person too looks a lot more mute almost like the 2000 pair but not quite, like you said ankle etc is still shiny.
The shine on the ankle is not noticable. I only saw that because of the particular lighting and because I zoomed in. They look perfect.

Now with that top picture, all you need is a white, grey or red cashmere turtle neck and a white mink coat and you'll be hitting levels of OG that no one knew was possible 😎💯

The shine on the ankle is not noticable. I only saw that because of the particular lighting and because I zoomed in. They look perfect.

Now with that top picture, all you need is a white, grey or red cashmere turtle neck and a white mink coat and you'll be hitting levels of OG that no one knew was possible 😎💯
Haha hell yeah brother that's what I'm talking about. I might have to look in to that tonight! 😃👊💯

You guys just need to wear your s***, the sheen goes away after a lil wear and tear. Honestly I thought the sheen looked nice though?? They’re going for retail on eBay, grab a second pair and wear the s*** outta the first pair!!

For some reason, 5s are one of the few shoes I just wanna throw on everyday and beat the ever-living f*** out of!!! These and the black metallics look really good with some wear on em!!

You guys just need to wear your s***, the sheen goes away after a lil wear and tear. Honestly I thought the sheen looked nice though?? They’re going for retail on eBay, grab a second pair and wear the s*** outta the first pair!!

For some reason, 5s are one of the few shoes I just wanna throw on everyday and beat the ever-living f*** out of!!! These and the black metallics look really good with some wear on em!!

Four years ago I knew a bartender/waiter who wore his Grapes through the snow and then made cocktails, served food and bussed tables in them. I think he may have even wore them trail hiking ⛰🚶 considering I never saw him wear anything else.

They were aged and really looked cool, like they had a story about them.

I'm a fan of the sheen as well. It gives the leather a nice supple look.

lkuwnazytqll6upv30xh.jpg

Last edited:

Yeah man I love mine too. I have a hard time wearing the fire reds I hate the yellowing, but it is unavoidable so I have been wearing them almost daily the 5s just go so hard to me.

Yeah man I love mine too. I have a hard time wearing the fire reds I hate the yellowing, but it is unavoidable so I have been wearing them almost daily the 5s just go so hard to me.
Try to force myself to rotate just about every week but feel what your saying about certain pairs. Its how i was a couple years back with the WhiteBlack IEs and now the 2019 Breds. Just ****ing love the way they look and feel.
Try to atleast space it out like ill wear clean throw em in the box and then maybe run a rotation that next month or so to get my fix. Nostalgia makes me really want to jump on a pair of these since prices are very nice on the bay at the moment.

Try to force myself to rotate just about every week but feel what your saying about certain pairs. Its how i was a couple years back with the WhiteBlack IEs and now the 2019 Breds. Just ****ing love the way they look and feel.
Try to atleast space it out like ill wear clean throw em in the box and then maybe run a rotation that next month or so to get my fix. Nostalgia makes me really want to jump on a pair of these since prices are very nice on the bay at the moment.

I swear man same here I some times wear the fire red 5 before the gym then slip in the 4s after it's hard to not want to wear them all in one day lol!

Back
Top Bottom