Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

I wear my 2019 bred XI'S religiously. Fav shoe ever. I should wear my 5's more, they gonna yellow anyway so may as well enjoy em.
This is very true as well I need to start thinking this way. I bought some bred XIs in a 12 in January and the tongue tag sits in a weird spot idk if they look good or what man I wear them but dont want to wear them if they're fake. Everything is spot on but the Tag placement.
20201215_105352.jpg
20201211_184817.jpg
20201223_223526.jpg

No I haven't done a reshape on this pair only the 4s I buy. I sprayed them with a Matte spray coat called matte finish from Krylon spray paint company, when you finish a custom paint job it takes off some of the shiny look to the shoe and make it look more natural. I just sprayed it on this pair to make the leather less shiny.
Thanks for the answer man. I dig the shiny look tho, and I speak as an OG lover lol. I dunno, it looks like your pair is on another level of jewelry, if that makes any sense.

I'm done with sweating it anymore in terms of wear and tear and shoes. I've lived this OCD life too long, and it's stupid as ****. I take care of my shoes and try to avoid messing them up unnecessarily ... but they're shoes. And I have too damn many of them. All I've mostly gotten for my trouble in the past 15 years is a lot of money spent on shoes I barely wore because I didn't want to mess them up. It's beyond stupid. I've been wearing more pairs lately, and you know what? Getting some scuffs and dirt and grime on them is actually a great feeling because once it happens, you stop caring so much about avoiding it at all costs. And then the character starts to come in. Even the yellowing ... never thought I'd say this but now I almost like it. It's unavoidable, anyway, so I'm done fighting it and now embracing it.

Last edited:
I came up with the idea this week. When the Bred 1's return I'm going to snag five pairs, quit collecting sneakers (as my goal will be accomplished) and just wear each pair every day until they fall apart 😄

4risb8.jpg

Last edited:
My pair that I picked up in May are still gem mint, having only wore them four times, due to weather and lack of socialization due to Covid shut-downs 😷
Instead of doubling up, I'm just going to hold out for the Carmines, Air Structure Triax 91 OG (may double with these as they only release every 12-18 years lol) and perhaps the Hi 85 White and Grey OG.

hc2cntiel1fiktxhtj50.jpg

At $200 retail, it is tempting though 🥺

Last edited:
Thank you I appriciate it a lot. I was really hoping it was noticeable on pictures. It looks different in person too looks a lot more mute almost like the 2000 pair but not quite, like you said ankle etc is still shiny.
The only shine I like on leather is on PL. Otherwise matte’s where it’s at 👍

I see them on Ebay for 150ish or even a little lower VNDS pretty much every time I look if you are ok with that sort of thing.
Yea Ive been looking on ebay they going for retail DS this is a second pair for me so VNDS will be kool. I just haven't bought anything off eBay in years lol.

I see them on Ebay for 150ish or even a little lower VNDS pretty much every time I look if you are ok with that sort of thing.
Exactly the way i love to go. Whenever people pass up used kicks that just need a little TLC if even that im like yeahhh buddy slide those my way.
From the generation where we wore our kicks none of this new age keeping things DS to stare at every so often, ill never understand it.

The only time that I tried to get shoes off of eBay was the Fire Red V's around '05 and they turned out to be fake. I still hate them for that. :lol:
Yeah stuff like that used to happen all the time back then. It's not really like that anymore. It's easy to spot fakes. There's so many trusted sellers and variety to buy from on Ebay now that there's no reason to mess with anything that looks even remotely sketchy on there.

Exactly the way i love to go. Whenever people pass up used kicks that just need a little TLC if even that im like yeahhh buddy slide those my way.
From the generation where we wore our kicks none of this new age keeping things DS to stare at every so often, ill never understand it.
I obviously buy new stuff but I'm always digging for good used stuff. I've gotten a ton of Jordans in solid shape at Platos Closet over the years. Like for 20 or 30 lol. I just got those black ferrari 14s for 25$ a few weeks ago there.

Most of the FR 5s I've been seeing used on Ebay are really good shape. Like very lightly worn. Don't even need the TLC lol. If you put in the time you can save a ton of money as long as you don't mind the used aspect. Doesn't bother me.

Damn, nice find🔥 they even have my gay-*** size 😆🤭

Screenshot_20201224-101612~2.png

Just checked Finish line now. My size, as with others are now gone! 😦

Screenshot_20201224-163454~2.png

I'm curious to see what a size 18 looks like 😆😄 They had to slaughter a farm to make those 🐄 sad.

Last edited:
The only shine I like on leather is on PL. Otherwise matte’s where it’s at 👍
I totally agree 10k% I love the duller looking Durabuck look. Man I was looking at the AM3 thread and saw some OGs with the 2020 retros and it's an excat replica of the OGs. I know its cliche but idk where retros got so fkd up in translation with the giant toes, low cuts and all around wrong shape. Even looking at these why the hell is there so much ankle padding lol? It's annoying I have slowed down so much on buying sneakers at this point.

Back
Top Bottom