Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

I'm sure you guys have seen comparison's of the 2000 and 2020 But here are a few of my restored pair and my 2020. 2020 is better Imo only wish it had the same ankle padding as the 2000 pair and tongue..

20210227_172045.jpg
20210227_171930.jpg
20210227_172219.jpg
20210227_172200.jpg
20210227_172123.jpg
20210227_172108.jpg

Attachments

• 20210227_172219.jpg
    20210227_172219.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 34
  • 20210227_172200.jpg
    20210227_172200.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 20210227_172123.jpg
    20210227_172123.jpg
    286.6 KB · Views: 30
I'm sure you guys have seen comparison's of the 2000 and 2020 But here are a few of my restored pair and my 2020. 2020 is better Imo only wish it had the same ankle padding as the 2000 pair and tongue..

20210227_172045.jpg
20210227_171930.jpg
20210227_172219.jpg
20210227_172200.jpg
20210227_172123.jpg
20210227_172108.jpg
I couldn’t disagree more. 2000 pair is head and shoulders better than the 2020, which itself is really good retro.
2000 pair had better shape, correct material (durabuck), a better fire red color, and way better 3M tongue. Also had a crystal clear sole when new rather than icy blue.

I couldn’t disagree more. 2000 pair is head and shoulders better than the 2020, which itself is really good retro.
2000 pair had better shape, correct material (durabuck), a better fire red color, and way better 3M tongue. Also had a crystal clear sole when new rather than icy blue.
Yeah I understand what everyone sees I love the 00 pair too but I like the shape on the 20 pair better but I'm sure everyone will agree with you too on that one. I mean I'd rather have the OG than any of these pairs lol.

Posted basically this same comment a bit earlier in the Metallic V thread, but got my third pair of Fire Reds delivered today (got two during the release last May). Bought on eBay last week, came out to $262 all in. Had to do it for what amounts to $41 more than retail for me in CA with tax. I'm somewhat surprised prices are still so low, and knew I'd regret not getting one more once prices eventually hit $300 or more.
The 2000 might be better in some ways, but the 2020 is a strong retro, especially in the context of most of what we get from JB. I've been wearing one pair in the house for months and realized how good they are. Good shape, good comfort, good looks. I've mostly gotten past the tongue, which is my only real big gripe about them just from an accuracy standpoint. But the improved shape, especially to the toes, goes a long, long way in my book.
I'm gonna keep wearing my "house" pair inside, keep my other release-day pair DS in the closet, and wear the F out of the pair I got today. I plan to enjoy beating this pair up some, which is something I really haven't done to an OG colorway NA retro. I'm looking forward to wearing a pair like that and not worrying about what happens to it; in fact, I'm looking forward to the inevitable accelerated aging of them. FR Vs look great with some real "patina" LOL

Last edited:
I disagree.

Both great retros imo. It's been forever since I had the 2000. They certainly did have a better tongue than the 2020, but the 2020 ofc is wearable.

Posted basically this same comment a bit earlier in the Metallic V thread, but got my third pair of Fire Reds delivered today (got two during the release last May). Bought on eBay last week, came out to $262 all in. Had to do it for what amounts to $41 more than retail for me in CA with tax. I'm somewhat surprised prices are still so low, and knew I'd regret not getting one more once prices eventually hit $300 or more.
The 2000 might be better in some ways, but the 2020 is a strong retro, especially in the context of most of what we get from JB. I've been wearing one pair in the house for months and realized how good they are. Good shape, good comfort, good looks. I've mostly gotten past the tongue, which is my only real big gripe about them just from an accuracy standpoint. But the improved shape, especially to the toes, goes a long, long way in my book.
I'm gonna keep wearing my "house" pair inside, keep my other release-day pair DS in the closet, and wear the F out of the pair I got today. I plan to enjoy beating this pair up some, which is something I really haven't done to an OG colorway NA retro. I'm looking forward to wearing a pair like that and not worrying about what happens to it; in fact, I'm looking forward to the inevitable accelerated aging of them. FR Vs look great with some real "patina" LOL
Why do you have a designated “house” pair? That’s a new one

I like to wear a pair around the house before taking outdoors. Helps break in, stays clean.

Don’t get many opportunities to just UNDS shoes these days out and about.

I like to wear a pair around the house before taking outdoors. Helps break in, stays clean.

Don’t get many opportunities to just UNDS shoes these days out and about.
Lol yeah I’ve “unDS’ed” pairs in the house before wearing them out... but never really heard of someone designating a pair of jordans as a house pair lol

slippers, slides, yeah

Why do you have a designated “house” pair? That’s a new one
Those are his house slippers.
Made me wonder what his beach slippers were.. Grape Vs or Aqua 8s, maybe?
:rofl:
I didn't have an officially designated house pair LOL. During the pandemic and living in SoCal, I get more wear out of my sneakers inside than I do outside. I'm always wearing shoes inside, I don't really like just wearing socks and I'm not a slippers guy. I don't wear shoes in the house once I've worn them outside. I just hadn't gotten around to wearing a pair of my FR Vs outside, because I barely go anywhere, and when I do, I already have loads of dirty-bottomed shoes I can grab.

Now, certainly if I wanted to wear a pair inside and outside, nothing was stopping me from wearing one of my two pairs inside and one outside. But it wasn't really a conscious strategy on my part, it was just circumstances. But then I got this urge to just beat on a pair of these and not worry about it, and since I wanted to still be able to wear them inside and also have a DS pair in the stash, I grabbed this third pair. So now that you guys put it that way, I guess this is the first time I ever officially tagged a pair as "inside use only" LOL

Last edited:
I didn't have an officially designated house pair LOL. During the pandemic and living in SoCal, I get more wear out of my sneakers inside than I do outside. I'm always wearing shoes inside, I don't really like just wearing socks and I'm not a slippers guy. I don't wear shoes in the house once I've worn them outside. I just hadn't gotten around to wearing a pair of my FR Vs outside, because I barely go anywhere, and when I do, I already have loads of dirty-bottomed shoes I can grab.

Now, certainly if I wanted to wear a pair inside and outside, nothing was stopping me from wearing one of my two pairs inside and one outside. But it wasn't really a conscious strategy on my part, it was just circumstances. But then I got this urge to just beat on a pair of these and not worry about it, and since I wanted to still be able to wear them inside and also have a DS pair in the stash, I grabbed this third pair. So now that you guys put it that way, I guess this is the first time I ever officially tagged a pair as "inside uese only" LOL

We’re just messing with you, my dude. Times are weird and a lot of us have been stuck inside way more than we ever were before so at least you get to regularly enjoy your shoes this way haha

I love seeing someone who likes these that much, I really love them and wish I could get 2 more pairs man such a great retro as you said compared to most others that JB has dropped in the past 2 years. Ey bro it does look pretty good when they get wear and tear on them I could not agree more plus having a DS pair on ice whoooo man i absolutely love the icy sole and netting too. 🔥🔥🔥

We’re just messing with you, my dude. Times are weird and a lot of us have been stuck inside way more than we ever were before so at least you get to regularly enjoy your shoes this way haha
I love seeing someone who likes these that much, I really love them and wish I could get 2 more pairs man such a great retro as you said compared to most others that JB has dropped in the past 2 years. Ey bro it does look pretty good when they get wear and tear on them I could not agree more plus having a DS pair on ice whoooo man i absolutely love the icy sole and netting too. 🔥🔥🔥

It's all good LOL. I wasn't taking it any kind of way. It really did make me stop and laugh, because yeah now I guess I have designated a pair as house shoes. But eventually when I really beat this one pair, another will take its place.

But I do always have a few pairs of shoes in my indoor rotation. Mostly stuff I have at least doubles of and know I will never want to sell down the road as DS. Like, I will always have a pair of Concords to wear in the house, so that pair will indeed never see the great outdoors. Or it will, and I'll pull out another DS pair to take its place as "house shoes" :lol:

It's all good LOL. I wasn't taking it any kind of way. It really did make me stop and laugh, because yeah now I guess I have designated a pair as house shoes. But eventually when I really beat this one pair, another will take its place.

But I do always have a few pairs of shoes in my indoor rotation. Mostly stuff I have at least doubles of and know I will never want to sell down the road as DS. Like, I will always have a pair of Concords to wear in the house, so that pair will indeed never see the great outdoors. Or it will, and I'll pull out another DS pair to take its place as "house shoes" :lol:
You Different :lol:

Oooh mans has an “indoor rotation” now 😂 😂 😂

You Different :lol:
Oooh mans has an “indoor rotation” now 😂 😂 😂
I never thought of any of this in these terms until now LOL. In reality it's mostly just a function of having too damn many shoes and nowhere near enough time to wear them all. I can enjoy wearing my sneakers as much inside the house as I do out in the world. I don't give a **** if anyone ever sees me wearing half of them LOL

If you can, you really should grab at least another pair of these before prices catch up to what most every other OG NA retro is being listed for. That was another reason I grabbed a third pair, like I said before.

The funny thing is, there was one other component for me: my disgust at the Carmine release. I tried for a pair on release day and figured if they were pink or too pink for me, I'd return them. Nothing but Ls. And the aftermath of that release put an end to any lingering thought I had of trying to grab a pair on resale. In my irritation/boredom, I started looking back at other things and realized these can be had still for barely more than retail. If it hadn't been for the Carmine debacle, I probably wouldn't even have bought another pair of FRs. But I'm better off for it. Thanks, JB, in a very strange way LOL

These can still be had on eBay for barely over retail, I’ve seen multiple pairs go for $200-210. Idk if they just made a s***load of pairs or what but for such a classic and excellent quality retro these are very affordable
DS pairs?

Back
Top Bottom