Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

Y’all... Scooped up a pair at the outlet for 149.99. Top 5 outlet pickup of all time.
E3E89717-5F9B-4988-9846-7A98BC40BDC0.jpeg

Dope!

Only pair there?

On the back wall? No box lid?

From a pure fly-fit-aesthetics standpoint, this is my favorite MJ look: short shorts with black compression showing, high bulky socks, and high top Js.

Reliving these old games from the past, I've noticed that Michael Jordan's uniform and socks changed every season. Starting off with not much room to move with the jersey and shorts, the fabric got incrementally looser and baggier each year, with his socks getting lower and lower, as if trying to escape from the shorts.

I also credit him with popularising the shaved head in late 1990, the return of the goatee in 1992 and even perhaps the 'black socks with sneakers' look which I believe he first introduced on September 9th, 1994 at the Scottie Pippen All-Star Classic.

Rc19a91e85ff58a7b223ab5e787e7fdcb.jpeg

Last edited:
I'll send this warm n sunny southern California weather out your direction if you can guess who the nail biting Nugget is

That's none other than the young Todd Lichti

Ref835c5ef95d292f72e135c4940295ca.jpeg

I'm so disappointed about the Carmines friend, just send me some gang crime, homeless people, a ridiculously high cost of living and an earthquake and I'm good 😞

Last edited:
I also credit him with.... even perhaps the 'black socks with sneakers' look which I believe he first introduced on September 9th, 1994 at the Scottie Pippen All-Star Classic.

Trying to think back to early 90s and MJ def made black shoes for road games famous, but the black socks were popularized in '90 by the fab 5. I certainly rocked black socks cause of Michigan. But when MJ started doing it, literally everybody and their grandpas were sporting black socks.
20210206_163941.jpg

Dope!

Only pair there?

On the back wall? No box lid?
They had converted our Concord Mills store into a clearance store since opening back up. It was the only pair I seen in my size at least but I didn’t stay too long. I did happen to see some black/Royal 13’s as well in a size 17, it was more so random scattered pairs throughout.
I didn’t have a box lid unfortunately but it’s cool for that price.

Trying to think back to early 90s and MJ def made black shoes for road games famous, but the black socks were popularized in '90 by the fab 5. I certainly rocked black socks cause of Michigan. But when MJ started doing it, literally everybody and their grandpas were sporting black socks.
20210206_163941.jpg

So this was in 1991. That's interesting, I had forgotten about this team and yes they were considerably ahead of their time in trendsetting! Their uniforms in that picture look as if it could be 2001.

Reliving these old games from the past, I've noticed that Michael Jordan's uniform and socks changed every season. Starting off with not much room to move with the jersey and shorts, the fabric got incrementally looser and baggier each year, with his socks getting lower and lower, as if trying to escape from the shorts.

I also credit him with popularising the shaved head in late 1990, the return of the goatee in 1992 and even perhaps the 'black socks with sneakers' look which I believe he first introduced on September 9th, 1994 at the Scottie Pippen All-Star Classic.

michael-jordan-air-jordan-9-1.jpg

He was rocking the look behind the scenes in 93 also.

That scawny MJ was probably the best version of himself as a player at that time.

I wasn't implying that he wasn't as good, just that he was scrawnier compared to what we saw him in '95-'98. He got on a "specialized" program while with the White Sox that added some bulk to his physique.

OIP (11).jpeg

But I agree that '91-'93 was arguably his best physical years. He stated those championships were won on pure adrenaline, whereas later on, he became more strategic.

I wasn't implying that he wasn't as good, just that he was scrawnier compared to what we saw him in '95-'98. He got on a "specialized" program while with the White Sox that added some bulk to his physique.

OIP (11).jpeg

But I agree that '91-'93 was arguably his best physical years. He stated those championships were won on pure adrenaline, whereas later on, he became more strategic.
He admittingly said the extra lbs may have hindered his playing in some ways. He was around 215, even during the 72 win season. The following season I believe he wa s down to the 200 pound area. Which he felt better with.

Back
Top Bottom