Air Jordan VI Carmine confirmed for 2014

Proooobably gonna get clowned for this.  Aside from Tinker Hatfield's brilliant design on the VIs with the porsche inspiration, and the actual numbers 23 morphed into the shape of the shoe, and the awesome sht MJ did in this shoe, I really want the carmines and the rest of the VIs for  2 super geeky reasons:

1) because they were in Batman Returns. Remember the boots? (They should do a version of all black VIs with the bat logo in honor of that fact....yeah right jb ain't that creative except for DBs)

2) because the Carmines make me think of Sonic The Hedgehog speed shoes, and who doesn't like Sonic the fckin hedgehog?:

= 

Don't ask why I draw that correlation but I do. I guess the geek sht just runs together with the sneaker stuff for me. hahhaaahaa It's googly as fck, but I mean could be worse; I could want the shoes just to stunt on IG for a few wears and then resell for rape prices (like we can presume about some in this very thread). Whatever your intentions for copping this year's VIs may be, I hope you can get your pair. 

Last edited:
QFT... Just because they're a gr doesn't mean it'll be easy. Bred 11's and even gamma 11's were a notch above a gr and people struck out on those and are going for 275+. If by "easy" you guys mean you'll likely land a pair if you put your name in tons of raffles, and wake up early to attempt buying them online where they'll sell out in less than 5 mins then yeah I guess that's "easy".
Its not so much being limited. Its the supply + demand. The demand will probably be VERY high for these. New sneakerheads and the older will probably be interested in these. Carmines havent been out since 2008. So these may be dropping in many places, but many faces will be after them.

Thats why I say it wont be "easy".
hope these aren't as limited as the royal 1's and bred 1's. It's insane that we can't even buy shoes for retail anymore if you have a real life
Some of the truest sentiments expressed in this thread.

1) because they were in Batman Returns. Remember the boots? (They should do a version of all black VIs with the bat logo in honor of that fact....yeah right jb ain't that creative except for DBs)

View media item 750376

THE reason I wanted a pair of VI's in the 4th grade...Also the ultimate reason I got into Jordan's

Saw Batman Returns I think three times in theaters and on the second viewing I remember the part where it shows Bruce Wayne getting suited up as Batman...Camera pans across a row of boots that are that used the VI's as the base...Very obvious on a giant theater screen...

Huge Michael Jordan fan but didn't even care for the shoes before that even though the V's were my first pair...

THE reason I wanted a pair of VI's in the 4th grade...Also the ultimate reason I got into Jordan's

Saw Batman Returns I think three times in theaters and on the second viewing I remember the part where it shows Bruce Wayne getting suited up as Batman...Camera pans across a row of boots that are that used the VI's as the base...Very obvious on a giant theater screen...

Huge Michael Jordan fan but didn't even care for the shoes before that even though the V's were my first pair...
Well brother that is truly awesome, and I remember that scene hahahaa. Another 2 geek as hell reasons why I like the use of reds and mainly infrared on the VIs, and the shape of the VIs, :

1. The varied reds(infrared, varsity, carmine) and the shape(give or take the current mold) on the VIs reminds me of the bike Shotaro Kaneda rode on Akira. 

2 The infrareds make me think of the most balanced weapon in the universe, in the hands of sith lords, AKA a lightsaber :

Yeah man. 2 more geek as fck reasons why I love the VIs. Not to mention the Cyclops optic blast, and Hanamichi Sakuragi from the manga Slam Dunk.  

Last edited:

when are these releasing? 

I rather cop these than the infrared's tbh
Supposedly sometime in May. I'm more of an infrared fan than these but I'll definitely get these to wear as an everyday sneaker since by May my infrareds will most likely look more like their counterpart. 
tongue.gif

Supposedly sometime in May. I'm more of an infrared fan than these but I'll definitely get these to wear as an everyday sneaker since by May my infrareds will most likely look more like their counterpart. 
tongue.gif
i mos def want to cop the black infrared's but not sure if i will get the white's if these Carmine come out a month or 2 after they release

i mos def want to cop the black infrared's but not sure if i will get the white's if these Carmine come out a month or 2 after they release

To me white Infrareds > Carmine's but I get what you're saying. I'm most likely getting both white Infrareds and Carmine's along with the black Infrareds should they be confirmed for this year and I'm good all year. Both Infrareds for sure, Carmine's, ehh still on the fence with those with most of my body on the "get em" side lol

I really hope the tint isn't gonna be that blue on the released pairs. I normally don't mind it that much but I may actually have to pass if they look like this.

These shoes are just coming out the factories so it's going to have a heavy tint. It won't be as blue when they release to the public.

Would you rather have a a clear sole like the CDP's that by the time they released to the public it's already yellowing? :lol:

Stop complaining already either you buy the 2014 or go find a DS piss yellowed CDP :rofl:

Last edited:
Hopefully that pic was during one of the sample test pairs. Shape, mold, Quality dont look 2 bad. Looks like they also got 

the carmine red color closer 2 OG color. But that blue tint is horendeous compared to any other blue tinted sole thats been released on 

past retros. Its just waaay 2 blue.

These shoes are just coming out the factories so it's going to have a heavy tint. It won't be as blue when they release to the public.

Would you rather have a a clear sole like the CDP's that by the time they released to the public it's already yellowing?
laugh.gif

Stop complaining already either you buy the 2014 or go find a DS piss yellowed CDP
roll.gif
Over that ridiculously blue tint? HELL YES. What kinda dumbass question is that? Besides yellowing adds character
nthat.gif

Back
Top Bottom