Air Jordan VI Doernbecher Freestyle First Look!

i need these
smh.gif

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

I like em' now..

It's kinda crazy, I HATE HATE HATED these at first, but then when I saw all the pics and finally held them in my hand, I fully changed my opinion. Add inthat the dude is a Braves fan and based the colors on that, and I'm a big Braves fan too, and I'm sold.

Ok, everyone who has hit me up about the size 10 here's your chance to get them since I haven't heard from my boy. Since there have been plenty ofpeople who have hit me up about them the only fair way to see who will get them is to have another contest. This time it will test your knowledge on the pastand present Doernbecher Charity Jordan releases.

The rules are simple, all you have to do is be the first person to answer one of the following three questions. Whoever answers any of them correctly will getthe 10 at cost plus shipping, a tip would be nice
grin.gif

Here are the questions, remember all you have to do is answer one:

1. What are the names of the three kids who have designed a pair of Jordans for the Doernbecher Charity?
2. What two DB Charity Jordans released on the same date? (Month, and day)
3. What are the numbers on the three DB Charity Jordans?

Here are some hints to make it easier.

1. If you have the previous two releases the names are on the tag on the inside of the shoes, you should know who designed the 6s.
2. Can't give you a hint, I would be giving away the answer.
3. For the 1s im not talking about the numbers under the stars, and for the 6s im not talking about the numbers that are embossed on the side panels.

Spoiler [+]
Why are you wasting your time reading this spoiler when someone else is probably already googling for the answers to the questions.

Originally Posted by Baby Jumpman

Originally Posted by Rightguard

my shipment came in today props to baby jumpman

pimp.gif
While I will take credit for posting the Swoosh link I will say like I said before I got it while I was being told to go back to NT on that "other site"
laugh.gif

Will did you get your pair today
nerd.gif
Most likely you'll get them tomorrow if you already haven't.
Didn't get my pair yet bro..should b here tomorrow..kinda weird since we live in the same state..

^Will yea I figured that you would since whenever i get stuff from the city I get it in one day but your upstate so.

^^Frank, Charm was the first person to guess correctly so the last pair goes to him. Kinda ironic since he said he hated me for hogging all of them
laugh.gif

Lol baby j I gt to tke my hat of to u ... For hooking up peeps like dat... Wish u had my sz 11 or 11,5. Though....
Good lookin out bro!

true. i really was kinda heated.
laugh.gif
not necessarily at u babyj, i just wanted them badly and figured i wouldn't get em for a good price. then i came intothe thread and saw u talking bout u had like 4 pairs.

Originally Posted by phenomkickz

Originally Posted by smurfdavid

Nah baby jumpman i got respect for what you say and for what you do for niketalk but this dude is not all the stuff he puts on here wanting more and more kicks and then slaps people in the face with 5 pairs and then wants more and then calls it a grind but anyways i appreciate u dude

your pointless
roll.gif
*You're, as in did you say you're in college, phenom?

Actually, since you don't seem to be getting the point, doesn't that leave YOU pointless? I understand that when opportunity strikes, there willalways be resellers. Can't say I haven't taken advantage of certain situations myself. However, the issue here is the WAY you're doing yourreselling. You come on to a site devoted to Air Jordan fanatics bragging about how you snagged 5 pairs at cost, will be grabbing as many more as you can ifthey come up for sale again (at cost), and then turn around and tell the community that if they want one, you'll let them have one for $325 (which is theabsolute upper extreme for what they're going for). That is the equivalent to being the member of a fan site for a musician, buying up a bunch of ticketsto a sold out upcoming concert for that artist, and then trying to scalp the tickets to the other fellow members for 2 - 3 times face value. How well do youthink that would go over with the other members of that site who couldn't get tickets?

The point is, do what you got to do, but it's best not to do it ON a fan site. That's just ignorant, rude and insulting to those that want said itembadly.

I appreciate all the love, wish this thread was filled with it to lol. I was/am reselling a pair as you can see in my sig in my earlier posts. It's part of this "game/culture" it allows people to get releases they might not have access to. Cut the kid some slack as much as we may not like resellers there here to stay whenever there's a potential to make profit. I'm sure everyone will sell a pair of kicks for more then what they paid for them at one time or another. Blame NDC for not letting the limit be 2, but at least sell 1 pair to someone who wants them and missed out.
I agree, it's common to resell pairs for well above retail. I know I got a tiny bit over retail when I had to let go of my DS retro Vs, VIIsand IXs because 10.5 apparently no longer fit me. But selling off pairs that you bought because you originally wanted them, and then decided to get rid ofthem for whatever reason further down the road is very different than buying with the sole intention of immediately turning around and selling for a profit dueto scarcity. Now granted, I'm not condemning the act itself of the ladder situation, but just not on a forum devoted TO Air Jordans. As I said in myabove example, it would be like a ticket scalper signing up on a band's fan site to scalp his tickets on. Probably going to be frowned upon by people whowanted the tickets badly at face value knowing you horded a bunch of them to keep those same fans from buying them, only to tell them they can have them for$xx over face value.

Originally Posted by r00m112

I like em' now..

It's kinda crazy, I HATE HATE HATED these at first, but then when I saw all the pics...I fully changed my opinion.
Same here. They've grown on me quite a bit from when I vomited after first seeing them. For some reason, the overhead shots where you canjust see the striping going across them look really nice. I may just be compelled to get a pair or 2 at NT on RD.

Originally Posted by Anomaly

Originally Posted by phenomkickz

Originally Posted by smurfdavid

Nah baby jumpman i got respect for what you say and for what you do for niketalk but this dude is not all the stuff he puts on here wanting more and more kicks and then slaps people in the face with 5 pairs and then wants more and then calls it a grind but anyways i appreciate u dude

your pointless
roll.gif
*You're, as in did you say you're in college, phenom?

Actually, since you don't seem to be getting the point, doesn't that leave YOU pointless? I understand that when opportunity strikes, there will always be resellers. Can't say I haven't taken advantage of certain situations myself. However, the issue here is the WAY you're doing your reselling. You come on to a site devoted to Air Jordan fanatics bragging about how you snagged 5 pairs at cost, will be grabbing as many more as you can if they come up for sale again (at cost), and then turn around and tell the community that if they want one, you'll let them have one for $325 (which is the absolute upper extreme for what they're going for). That is the equivalent to being the member of a fan site for a musician, buying up a bunch of tickets to a sold out upcoming concert for that artist, and then trying to scalp the tickets to the other fellow members for 2 - 3 times face value. How well do you think that would go over with the other members of that site who couldn't get tickets?

The point is, do what you got to do, but it's best not to do it ON a fan site. That's just ignorant, rude and insulting to those that want said item badly.

I appreciate all the love, wish this thread was filled with it to lol. I was/am reselling a pair as you can see in my sig in my earlier posts. It's part of this "game/culture" it allows people to get releases they might not have access to. Cut the kid some slack as much as we may not like resellers there here to stay whenever there's a potential to make profit. I'm sure everyone will sell a pair of kicks for more then what they paid for them at one time or another. Blame NDC for not letting the limit be 2, but at least sell 1 pair to someone who wants them and missed out.
I agree, it's common to resell pairs for well above retail. I know I got a tiny bit over retail when I had to let go of my DS retro Vs, VIIs and IXs because 10.5 apparently no longer fit me. But selling off pairs that you bought because you originally wanted them, and then decided to get rid of them for whatever reason further down the road is very different than buying with the sole intention of immediately turning around and selling for a profit due to scarcity. Now granted, I'm not condemning the act itself of the ladder situation, but just not on a forum devoted TO Air Jordans. As I said in my above example, it would be like a ticket scalper signing up on a band's fan site to scalp his tickets on. Probably going to be frowned upon by people who wanted the tickets badly at face value knowing you horded a bunch of them to keep those same fans from buying them, only to tell them they can have them for $xx over face value.

Originally Posted by r00m112

I like em' now..

It's kinda crazy, I HATE HATE HATED these at first, but then when I saw all the pics...I fully changed my opinion.
Same here. They've grown on me quite a bit from when I vomited after first seeing them. For some reason, the overhead shots where you can just see the striping going across them look really nice. I may just be compelled to get a pair or 2 at NT on RD.
Of course but unfortunately the latter is what usually happens and was what I was referring to. Like you said no one wants to see it done on asite like here, who wants to give the next man there hard earned money especially if you share the same love of sneakers. But everyone know NTers are cheap
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Ironically, nobody in Houston is getting these and I NEED these in a 13 or 14 can any1 help me out?

it's either feebay or NDC. this shoe as with other doernbechers jb has produced is NOT available to jb accounts. campout on the pc or have someone do itfor you but i would rather pay retail + sam/shpg than reseller action. up to you.

Originally Posted by yung16

So can i still get these on the 14th???

maybe if u play your cards right, u may come with a pair but most likely NDC wont have many on stock so chances of getting them arent many

Ok, everyone who has hit me up about the size 10 here's your chance to get them since I haven't heard from my boy. Since there have been plenty of people who have hit me up about them the only fair way to see who will get them is to have another contest. This time it will test your knowledge on the past and present Doernbecher Charity Jordan releases.

The rules are simple, all you have to do is be the first person to answer one of the following three questions. Whoever answers any of them correctly will get the 10 at cost plus shipping, a tip would be nice
grin.gif

Here are the questions, remember all you have to do is answer one:

1. What are the names of the three kids who have designed a pair of Jordans for the Doernbecher Charity?
2. What two DB Charity Jordans released on the same date? (Month, and day)
3. What are the numbers on the three DB Charity Jordans?

Here are some hints to make it easier.

1. If you have the previous two releases the names are on the tag on the inside of the shoes, you should know who designed the 6s.
2. Can't give you a hint, I would be giving away the answer.
3. For the 1s im not talking about the numbers under the stars, and for the 6s im not talking about the numbers that are embossed on the side panels.

Spoiler [+]
Why are you wasting your time reading this spoiler when someone else is probably already googling for the answers to the questions.
The spoiler had me
laugh.gif

Sooooo I think I got my DB VI for free.

I paid with my Wachovia Visa debit card and the charges immediately appeared and were deducted from my acct.

Suspiciously the transaction disappeared and the money was deposited back to my acct.

3 days later the money is still there.

The shoes were shipped and delivered.

On the invoice from Nike that came in the box under payment details says...

Visa ending in......and it's blank.

So I haven't been charged any money, says nothing on the invoice, and I have the shoes. So what's the deal???

^Sometimes Nike or your bank will clear the pending transaction, but give it some time it will show up again. They will deduct it from your account, also allof my receipts had ending in **** NDC ain't givin away nuthin for free.

Charm I shipped out your pair earlier today, so your tracking should be working by now, and Will you should have your pair today
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom