Air Jordan VIII 8 "Playoffs" Returns. Release day- 6/29/13

Surprised these were restocked and it got so much love. It doesn't seem like people want these now. 

Not a lot of people love 8's, we get it, but the ones that do buy them just like any J.  Yea they sat the 1st time around, but there's been nothing really special/hyped since the Cigars, and nothing that great coming in the next couple weeks. So people were probably a little more thirsty for these than a usual 8 release. I'm pumped I grabbed the suns after foolishly passing the 1st time and wished I would have grabbed another playoff. Mine will be here Friday as well

Not a lot of people love 8's, we get it, but the ones that do buy them just like any J.  Yea they sat the 1st time around, but there's been nothing really special/hyped since the Cigars, and nothing that great coming in the next couple weeks. So people were probably a little more thirsty for these than a usual 8 release. I'm pumped I grabbed the suns after foolishly passing the 1st time and wished I would have grabbed another playoff. Mine will be here Friday as well
They sat? They disappeared just as fast as any other. Of course people who liked them copped, but there just wasn't any hype around them.

They sat? They disappeared just as fast as any other. Of course people who liked them copped, but there just wasn't any hype around them.
The playoff 8s weren't an instant sell out last year, yes they sold out by Monday, but in this climate that's sitting. Then you have the bugs and the suns sat for a month on FNL.com and in stores. I easily bought 2 bugs, 2 playoffs, and kept putting off the suns until I missed out. There was ample oppertunity to grab these unlike most J's. I remember specifically that finishline.com didn't even get to a splash page when they 1st dropped.

It is always strange how EB has a shoe like this and quantity a year later. Do they keep these which I doubt or does Nike send them to them from storage? I do have to agree that this release got more love because the releases this summer are so flat.

I failed on RD and hadn't seen them since, not sure where the playoffs sat. Wasn't paying resale so this restock was on point.

Sat heavy here in Vegas last year...I picked up two pairs in my size almost two weeks after release...It was a FTL store and the cat that was helping me was pushing me to buy more...Said they had 1 solid full size run and multiples in various sizes...

Sat heavy here in Vegas last year...I picked up two pairs in my size almost two weeks after release...It was a FTL store and the cat that was helping me was pushing me to buy more...Said they had 1 solid full size run and multiples in various sizes...
Damn. I wish it could all be like this.

That's how it should be, the ish we go thru is buck bonkers. Yesterday would have been a 1 click cop if EB checkout didn't crash. I usually flirt with carpal tunnel trying to get shoes in cart on EB/FTL family

That's how it should be, the ish we go thru is buck bonkers. Yesterday would have been a 1 click cop if EB checkout didn't crash. I usually flirt with carpal tunnel trying to get shoes in cart on EB/FTL family
Lol. I just find it really amazing that in just 6.5 years the playoff VIII's went from JB's big holiday release to sitting over a weekend. I knew back in 07 to double up on playoffs. They made the retro exactly the same. I beat my first pair to death. It has a hole in the toe box just like the OG's and everything, but I don't have much desire to crack the DS pair yet. I'm not selling them either, just waiting for my VIII phase to kick in again. 

It is always strange how EB has a shoe like this and quantity a year later. Do they keep these which I doubt or does Nike send them to them from storage? I do have to agree that this release got more love because the releases this summer are so flat.
it could have been stock from overseas or something. My 07 pair which I got on an eastbay restock had a sticker in the box for European sizing and also some symbol I think for euros so I assumed they were from overseas

Yeah something was up with the demand yesterday, unless EB was trying a new system. They've handled bigger releases with less problems. I don't think them being available for phone orders messed up the system like that, 57 hour wait to checkout! LOL

I wasn't lucky enough to get em before the weekend, Monday by end of day  
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom