Air Jordan VIII 8 "Playoffs" Returns. Release day- 6/29/13

I hope these are as plentiful as the white ones
No way, these are the most sought after and imo the best cw. It wasn't until dudes started trying to match wearing purple and aqua colors looking like clowns that the aqua's got so hyped.
I'd say the aquas are more hyped in this beast filled generation.. You know who loves to wear them and they will want them to go along with their grapes coming out soon.. These will be very highly sought after though.

Pics look good but I'm still passing
because my '07 pair is still NDS.
No need to spend money on a pair I already have.

Pics look good but I'm still passing
because my '07 pair is still NDS.
No need to spend money on a pair I already have.
'

This right here, my pair is still looking new along with the aqua's seems like JB is just going to keep recycling all Jordans every 3-4 years.

I've never really felt the 8's but recently, I've started to love em. I scooped up the Bugs Bunnys this weekend and they look great and are ridiculously comfy. Definitely gonna have to get these!

Last edited:
Haha i didn't need pics but yeah i just meant the 7's in particular, I own the 07 metallics and they feel amazing.

I just don't remember seeing the white lines on the 7's as profound as like you've posted above, i can definitely see it on my 07 Mets.

Edit: i know my materials but jb is making hard to tell unless you hold it in hand :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
Can anybody tell me the difference between nubuck and durabuck? I don't mean to sound like an idiot tho

what was on the Charcoal 7's last year? hope its the same as that. Dura it might have been?

By all the pictures that have been posted they definitely are durabuck.

The thing that gives the durabuck away on all shoes is the very visible grey lining where the material is cut and overlapped.

Durabuck:
View media item 379134
Suede/nubuck:
View media item 379135
Durabuck:
View media item 379139
Suede/nubuck:
View media item 379140

Can anybody tell me the difference between nubuck and durabuck? I don't mean to sound like an idiot tho

there ya go :lol:

The difference is mainly that the nubuck and suede can't be exposed to water because they will leak and fade the color away. Durabuck on the other hand are made like tanks and could be exposed to water and still maintain its color.

Also nubuck/suede could stain very easy and could potentially ruin the shoes forever and if you try to clean them you will rub away the color. With durabuck you could rub the stain away with a damped towel and easily remove the stain very easy without even leaving a scratch

For the most part all the original Jordan's were made with durabuck but now JB tends to use that Ashy Larry suede :smh:

Last edited:
Nubuck and suede are different. You're grouping them together. They're three different materials.

Nubuck (pronounced /ˈnjuːbʌk/) is top-grain cattle leather that has been sanded or buffed on the grain side, or outside, to give a slight nap of short protein fibers, producing a velvet-like surface. It is resistant to wear, and may be white or coloured.[1]

Nubuck is similar to suede. It differs in that suede is created from the inner side of a hide, whereas nubuck is created from the outer side of a hide, giving it more strength and thickness along with a fine grain.[2] It is generally more expensive than suede, and must be coloured or dyed heavily to cover up the sanding and stamping process.

Last edited:
Everytime I see pics it gets me more excited. Only problem is I want the shadow 1s that are supposed to release in June as well. I guess I am going to have to start saving up for both of them.

Can anyone confirm the sizing on 8s in general? Do they fit similar to the 6s and 7s in the toebox (they look like they might)?

so the grape/aqua 5s come out 2 weeks before these..i hope everyone blows their dough on those and they have the same effect that the grapes had on the bunnies..only in reverse..if that makes sense. lol

so the grape/aqua 5s come out 2 weeks before these..i hope everyone blows their dough on those and they have the same effect that the grapes had on the bunnies..only in reverse..if that makes sense. lol
I don't think there is a confirmed date on these. I think these will be a mid June release, though I had first heard a date of May 25th was possible, it seems less and less likely as the days/weeks go by. Aim for mid June for these I'm thinking.

Back
Top Bottom