Air Jordan VIII 8 "Playoffs" Returns. Release day- 6/29/13

^ except for QS releases, when are us and euro releases different? A lot of people here order from euro sites the day of anyway.

Walked into my local spot yesterday to check on the Playoffs VIII inventory numbers, and some youngins were in there hyping. I had on my Retro 2s (2004) and one of them started talking to me (always happens when this old dude has on Retros). I had to explain to him what I was wearing, and then he asked me if I was gonna be picking up the "Fresh Prince Grapes"... I told him that I'd be grabbing the Grapes, and likely the Playoffs VIII when they dropped. He then asked me why they are called the "Playoffs". So I explained, "Because that was the year when the Fresh Prince took his college intramural team to the Playoffs, and he wore the VIII in that famous lost episode."

Walked into my local spot yesterday to check on the Playoffs VIII inventory numbers, and some youngins were in there hyping. I had on my Retro 2s (2004) and one of them started talking to me (always happens when this old dude has on Retros). I had to explain to him what I was wearing, and then he asked me if I was gonna be picking up the "Fresh Prince Grapes"... I told him that I'd be grabbing the Grapes, and likely the Playoffs VIII when they dropped. He then asked me why they are called the "Playoffs". So I explained, "Because that was the year when the Fresh Prince took his college intramural team to the Playoffs, and he wore the VIII in that famous lost episode."
Lmao he probably tried looking it up when he got home like where's that episode at!?

LMAOO
laugh.gif

Did he seriously believe that story? LOL people need to up their basketball knowledge.

Anybody have a confirm date on the the release of the playoff 8's 2013 release I'm seeing may release and also June which one is right?

this is a must. loved this since a youngin, but have never owned. still pissed i passed on aquas when they were just sitting on shelves in 07..i was broke at that time lol tho so i have an excuse.

I did not know there are pics of this shoe out there. Looks like nubuck so I will pass.
Another reason to hate these new kids that know nothing about the shoes :smh:
Yes, lets hate people for the date they were born.
People shouldnt be able to like a shoe just because..... They should know the history down to a T and maybe have been there to cop. That's who NIke markets to.

always wished they would release with this tongue like my sample pair

View media item 353412
Yah I am not a big fan of the tongue they chose for the VIIIs

Last edited:
That tongue is way too big for the shoe and completely takes away from the overall look. Im glad they didn't use that one.

The black based 8's when regularly strapped and unstrapped the plastic buckle rubs the "Jordan" along the strap causing the durabuck to expose the white fibres underneath.

Still, they'd be wrong as suede.
If dura returns for these I might have to see if I can cop.
if you set them up right they function just fine always strapped, or just barely loosened to take them off/on. don't know why so many ppl think you have to undo them to get them off or on
eyes.gif

My current pair of 8's are anthracites and there is no way i could get my feet in or out without completely undoing them.

.The lack of a 100% confirmed release date is getting on my nerves...

Last edited:
so the grape/aqua 5s come out 2 weeks before these..i hope everyone blows their dough on those and they have the same effect that the grapes had on the bunnies..only in reverse..if that makes sense. lol

I HAD NO IDEA THESE WERE RELEASING SO SOON. FOR SOME REASON I WAS THINKING JULY FOR THESE.

Back
Top Bottom