Air Jordan VIII 8 "Playoffs" Returns. Release day- 6/29/13

Is anyone thinking of possibly copping those AJ1-8 playoff hybrid kicks? For some reason I really like them but that would be the only hybrid 1 I like. Idk the playoffs cw just flatters the shoe imo
Only if I somehow strike out on this release :lol:

Leaning towards passing but only because I would rather have Aquas. If they were confirmed I would pass for sure.

No paint cracking on my 07 pair, I had cracked durabuck and complete sole separation after wearing my lightly beaten pair in my first college game in 2011. It felt like I was wearing a paperback textbook on my feet, never wearing retros in-game again. Had bad shin splints afterward too.

I remember back in '93 when my grams hooked me up with these,, they was $65 on the sales shelf in a sz9.5.. They were the 1st Js I got,1st shoe I threw a dunk down in on a regulation 10 footer, and most importantly won a State Championship in them.. still to this day they're in my top 3 favorite sneaks of all time,, could just be the nostalgia in my case, but theres no denying they're a work of art..

Im sitting on a Ds pair from the last drop ,, the plans to un-ds the '07s this weekend,, but come next months drop ,Ima put the latest pair on Ice,, this shoe is Absolutely Beautiful in my eyes...

I remember back in '93 when my grams hooked me up with these,, they was $65 on the sales shelf in a sz9.5.. They were the 1st Js I got,1st shoe I threw a dunk down in on a regulation 10 footer, and most importantly won a State Championship in them.. still to this day they're in my top 3 favorite sneaks of all time,, could just be the nostalgia in my case, but theres no denying they're a work of art..

Im sitting on a Ds pair from the last drop ,, the plans to un-ds the '07s this weekend,, but come next months drop ,Ima put the latest pair on Ice,, this shoe is Absolutely Beautiful in my eyes...
Nice story!

Leaning towards passing but only because I would rather have Aquas. If they were confirmed I would pass for sure.

Well, if u r patient, i think jb will re-retro the aqua 8 sooner or later. Maybe in 2014. Im just wondering why the aj 6 carmines, sport blues, maroons and the aj 7 bugs bunnies did not get a general re-release yet.

I returned my suns 8s today. Gonna try to double on these instead. Hopefully I don't regret it down the line. Suns 8s r dope but just ultimately those colors combo not for me.

:lol: I returned the bugs to pick up the suns for $140

Idk what it is but I've never really liked the bunnies till this day. I bought them because I passed on them everytime they released but after seeing them more and more I knew these weren't for me.

I have plenty of white/red colorway just sitting anyways so I wasn't going to miss them plus I love durabuck Jordan's :smokin

But those playoffs...... Them joints are on a whole different level for me. I wore my 07 pair everyday even when they started to talk and a bubble was forming in the forefoot :lol: loved those :smokin

Release day can't come soon enough....

White kicks are a no go in size 13. Playoffs 8s will still look good in big sizes tho.

I own plenty white kicks, and I have 13 feet too. Though i will admit some shoes look terrible in big sizes. like roshe run would be pushing it to me

Still have the 07 retro picked em up last year  in a package deal for Aquas, Cool Grey 3s and Playoffs for 210 for all with OG boxes and everything all only worn about 3 times each. Have to love older dudes who dont know what they have. But yea Ill pass on these.

Last edited:
Anyone know how would I get these yellowing panels to become "white" again?

you cant. personally i like that look on the high top version> low top
sick.gif

Well, if u r patient, i think jb will re-retro the aqua 8 sooner or later. Maybe in 2014. Im just wondering why the aj 6 carmines, sport blues, maroons and the aj 7 bugs bunnies did not get a general re-release yet.
 since it will be the 23rd anniversary next year for when the 6's were released expect at least 5 pairs of 6's to drop next year.   All them OG's people want will be dropping.   Just watch.  

Back
Top Bottom