Air Jordan VIII 8 "Playoffs" Returns. Release day- 6/29/13

In 07 I got these and copped a windy city bulls fitted with blue ish purple accents in the windy city smoke cloud and on the bull. Does any one know of anywhere I could find this damn hat again?? I have no idea what happened to the damn thing I think one of my exes might have it but Idk. I literally spent 7 hours trying to find it on eBay and Google with no luck. I bought it from champs in lake forest mall if that helps any. Any help would be so much appreciated
just quotin cuz i need this hat again. im assuming my best luck will be on rd 

I preordered a pair of these from ebay, but the listing disappeared. All of the sellers listing did. Do you think I will still get the shoes? Ordered on the 28th of March.

I preordered a pair of these from ebay, but the listing disappeared. All of the sellers listing did. Do you think I will still get the shoes? Ordered on the 28th of March.
no it sounds like he waited until you couldnt put in a claim then disapeared with your $$$. try disputing it via ebay or paypal and if that dont work you gotta try thru your bank

no it sounds like he waited until you couldnt put in a claim then disapeared with your $$$. try disputing it via ebay or paypal and if that dont work you gotta try thru your bank
It has been over two months. He is a top rated seller on ebay. I am just worried he won't ship them.

I don't really get this. It's totally different from those examples. Sneakers aren't a fad or style. Everyone from a six month old to a 90 year old man will wear sneakers. People aren't going to stop wearing sneakers. Being a sneakerhead might be trendy, but wearing sneakers isn't.
Yeah people will wear sneakers of course but everyone wants Jordan's nowadays and look at all the extra stuff we have to do just to land our pairs if we don't have a connect.    From rsvp, bots, waiting in lines for hours every release, raffles, etc..  I remember just a few years back in 2010 I could just show up at Footlocker on the release day and pickup what ever pair was dropping.   I remember going into Footlocker and they would have 3 or 4 retros still out on display that released 3 to 6 months earlier with a bunch of sizes left.  Now damn near  every retro sells out within minutes on release day and Jordan Brand has been mass producing the retros as of late.  Now it's normal to see 2 to 3 retros dropping in the same month.  Just a few years back that wasn't the case. 

saw this and it made me laugh
roll.gif
,dudes like this have  hype written all over them,no pun. i mean we all make mistakes but  bugs bunny aqua's?? and Bordeaux sj?? dude seriously...if u gonna be a hype at least have some knowledge of  the shoe.
mean.gif

saw this and it made me laugh
roll.gif
,dudes like this have  hype written all over them,no pun. i mean we all make mistakes but  bugs bunny aqua's?? and Bordeaux sj?? dude seriously...if u gonna be a hype at least have some knowledge of  the shoe.
mean.gif

laugh.gif
This is what I hate about the majority of new people just getting into sneakers.   They don't know what their talking about.  They just want the shoes because there popular. 

For one after the 14's a lot of people don't mess with the rest of the Jordan's.    Second why would Nike wait to release these retros.  At the end of the day they want to make as much money as possible.   In a year or 2 the sneaker trend is more then likely gonna get played out with most people.    Remember throwback jerseys?  remember when everyone was rocking warm up suits? Jean shorts? Baggy Jeans?  Nike is riding the the wave while it lasts.   

I don't really get this. It's totally different from those examples. Sneakers aren't a fad or style. Everyone from a six month old to a 90 year old man will wear sneakers. People aren't going to stop wearing sneakers. Being a sneakerhead might be trendy, but wearing sneakers isn't.

EVERY bubble bursts. Remember how hot AF1s were 10 years ago? What about SB/Dunks in the mid 00s? Sure jordans have always been popular and im sure the cycle will continue to an extent, but this extreme popularity for jordans wont last. they're more popular now than they were when he was playing.

I already see the seeds of the bubble beginning to burst. i see these dumb teens who were probably in it for the wrong reason anyway unloading their own MASSIVE collections and posting emo notes saying they're over sneakers and "the game's messed up".

Sure jordans will always be around, but I see it going back to a very niche culture like it was a few years ago pre concords in the very near future.

Last edited:
EVERY bubble bursts. Remember how hot AF1s were 10 years ago? What about SB/Dunks in the mid 00s? Sure jordans have always been popular and im sure the cycle will continue to an extent, but this extreme popularity for jordans wont last. they're more popular now than they wre when he was playing.

I already see th seeds of the bubble beginning to burst. i see these dumb teens who were probably in it for the wrong reason anyway unloading their own MASSIVE collections and posting emo notes saying they're over sneakers and "the game's messed up".

Sure jordans will always be around, but I see it going back to a very niche culture like it was a few years ago pre concords in the very near future.
I agree.   I give  it another 2 years tops.    I think Nike and JB know this too and that's why they  have been releasing so many retros lately.   Last holiday season there was a retro dropping every week.    lol

laugh.gif
This is what I hate about the majority of new people just getting into sneakers.   They don't know what their talking about.  They just want the shoes because there popular. 
preach bro, i mean most of us been into  kicks for a long time  i assume,had a love for mj,and or  for  the sneaker culture iam sure since we were kids, when u meet someone into kicks you can tell from jump just by the conversation,so by now if he were truly into kick ,you would think this guy would know the difference..this is what sours the game,people see these so called celebrities rocking jay's and the hype begins,#where is the true sneaker lover, i only see sneaker hype

preach bro, i mean most of us been into  kicks for a long time  i assume,had a love for mj,and or  for  the sneaker culture iam sure since we were kids, when u meet someone into kicks you can tell from jump just by the conversation,so by now if he were truly into kick ,you would think this guy would know the difference..this is what sours the game,people see these so called celebrities rocking jay's and the hype begins,#where is the true sneaker lover, i only see sneaker hype
I agree 100%   People nowadays just want to fit in so they get what's popular at the movement.   We wear Jordans because we actually like them.    Last time I was at a shoe release about 90% of the people in line were just their to resell the shoe. 
mean.gif
  They bought them and were posting pics of the shoes on their Instagram's  only to put there adds up on Ebay and Craigslist a couple minutes later.   Some were on the phone already working out deals with people while they were standing in line.     

laugh.gif
i aint mad if they dont know wtf theyre talking about, i get mad if they have no opinion of theyre own and just like hyped ish. he seems to just be picking out what he likes ...as far as i can tell. he does need to stop rapping tho its turribble

Idk what life would be like without retros :-( nothing to live for if Nike and jb stop releasing them the shoe game would be so bogus lol

If nike never retroed anything from the jordan line until recently then I wonder what the hype would be like today for any pair of jordans....

Last edited:
The reason why af1s played out cause they release too many colorways not enough time apart and they weren't hard to get or that expensive.

The reason why af1s played out cause they release too many colorways not enough time apart and they weren't hard to get or that expensive.
and it was only 1 shoe.  Just with a high, mid, and low versions.   With Jordans it's a bunch of different models but I  still think the hype will die down soon.

probably late on this, but citysole has them up for $230.. me personally will be waiting to pay retail  
That's not a terrible price, but I think that these can be had at retail. Just walked into the mall earlier this week and three shoe stores still had the "suns" 8's sitting. It seems as though all the 8's this year (so far) have been fairly easy to get.

That's not a terrible price, but I think that these can be had at retail. Just walked into the mall earlier this week and three shoe stores still had the "suns" 8's sitting. It seems as though all the 8's this year (so far) have been fairly easy to get.

I was shocked people were selling the 8s like 5 dollars abover retail on ebay.

Yeah I agree.  I don't think it's gonna be that hard to get these.   if they were really hyped up every where those reseller sites would be selling them for $250.00 and up right now.

Back
Top Bottom