Air Jordan VIII 8 "Playoffs" Returns. Release day- 6/29/13

That's not a terrible price, but I think that these can be had at retail. Just walked into the mall earlier this week and three shoe stores still had the "suns" 8's sitting. It seems as though all the 8's this year (so far) have been fairly easy to get.
these will probably be a little harder to get than suns or bugs but i dont envision too much difficulty gotta get a pair for my girl too

EVERY bubble bursts. Remember how hot AF1s were 10 years ago? What about SB/Dunks in the mid 00s? Sure jordans have always been popular and im sure the cycle will continue to an extent, but this extreme popularity for jordans wont last. they're more popular now than they were when he was playing.

I already see the seeds of the bubble beginning to burst. i see these dumb teens who were probably in it for the wrong reason anyway unloading their own MASSIVE collections and posting emo notes saying they're over sneakers and "the game's messed up".

Sure jordans will always be around, but I see it going back to a very niche culture like it was a few years ago pre concords in the very near future.

It's far from a niche, because everyone wears sneakers and the internet has globalized things. What is a 10 year old wearing to school if he doesn't wear a uniform? What's a college student wearing to class? What do you see at the gym? What do you on basketball courts?

Because you don't wear Uptowns doesn't mean other people don't. Every quarter the white on white mid and low are in the top ten in basketball sneaker sales. I see more Uptowns than I do Lebrons or Kobes. It doesn't matter if you're in Harlem, VA, Hawaii or Jamaica...you'll see Air Force Ones. So because NT isn't in to Uptowns or because they don't have a high resell value, doesn't mean they aren't in demand.

And bubble burst as far as resell value, yes...but sneakers are a constant. And Nike/JB have dominated the last twenty years. They've defeated Adidas and Reebok to the point that they're not even a threat. Under Armour the one company they were worried about, they tried, failed. The rest of the sneaker companies have niches...Asics, Pumas, New Balance, Supra, Vans. They appeal to their core market. Nike has running and basketball. If they want, they can go grab tennis again or invent a niche like they did cross training.

In the 80's, 90's and 2000's people still wear kicks. That's not going to change in 2020 or 2030. SB's might not be as popular as far as reselling, but people didn't stop buying SB's and dunks. So a decrease in popularity or sales isn't the same as looking like TLC. If McDonald's has a drop in quarterly sales, does that mean McDonald's was a fad?

The culture is so far out there now, that there is no putting it back in the bottle. The internet helped take it to another level once NT appeared. You have people who have been in to sneakers for 20 and 30 years. Now young kids will be able to do it and it's a lot more accessible, because it's at the tip of their fingers. Ten years ago I didn't think I'd be buying kicks from overseas. Certain aspects might evolve, where stores will stop the camping out and the resell prices might drop as JB releases items more frequently or starts to retro 16-23, but trust me it's not going anywhere. It's only grown larger. Look how many dudes up here buy kicks for their seeds. They'll be repeating the same cycle in ten or twenty years of showing their first Jordans or Lebrons.

I'm old enough to remember when people thought things like video games, the internet and rap music were fads.

Last edited:
....., but trust me it's not going anywhere. It's only grown larger. Look how many dudes up here buy kicks for their seeds. They'll be repeating the same cycle in ten or twenty years of showing their first Jordans or Lebrons.

Agreed. Best believe jb/ nike gonna go all they can to capitalize on the popularity of sneakers, grow the trend..

Last edited:
Came back in this thread to see if I should cop. Still passing. Im waiting for the Aquas in 2016. Good luck to everyone trying to cop.

Magic1978 
smokin.gif

preach bro, i mean most of us been into  kicks for a long time  i assume,had a love for mj,and or  for  the sneaker culture iam sure since we were kids, when u meet someone into kicks you can tell from jump just by the conversation,so by now if he were truly into kick ,you would think this guy would know the difference..this is what sours the game,people see these so called celebrities rocking jay's and the hype begins,#where is the true sneaker lover, i only see sneaker hype

I agree 100%   People nowadays just want to fit in so they get what's popular at the movement.   We wear Jordans because we actually like them.    Last time I was at a shoe release about 90% of the people in line were just their to resell the shoe.  :smh:   They bought them and were posting pics of the shoes on their Instagram's  only to put there adds up on Ebay and Craigslist a couple minutes later.   Some were on the phone already working out deals with people while they were standing in line.     

I don't care if someone has "knowledge" of the "sneaker culture" or whatever you all call it. I don't stay up on all that really either, I just cop the kicks that I wanted when I was a kid, but was too poor to have, and I cop kicks that look dope to me. My issue is with the resellers. I can't knock the hustle, but I hope it goes bust for them like comic books did back in the 90s.

I'm gonna try and double up in these...these are my grails and I rarely double up because I have a huge rotation of kicks so mine dont really get worn out

Can't believe it's been 20 years since Paxson made that shot and Grant with the Huge block. Seemed like it was just yesterday. Remembered watching the game at the Orlando resort while on vacation with my parents.

What is that? I have never seen those before.
I remember seeing it back around when the last version came out I believe that's what they were planning to release but then scraped it not sure though. pretty sure it was on the Jordan site

Last edited:
Still have my 07's and I was planning on grabbing a pair of these but after seeing those pics I may have to double up. 8's are my favorite jordan model

Back
Top Bottom