Air Jordan VIII 8 "Playoffs" Returns. Release day- 6/29/13

I wouldn't be surprised if they raffle off inventory to NDC members who submit a request while indicating a store they are driving distance to, and then fulfill those orders in-store. Anything not claimed by a given time gets released FCFS.

It would take control away from the stores themselves as it would automate the process and not allow them to cheat customers, remove the bots from the equation, and keep traffic coming into the stores (which clearly they don't want to kill).

Everyone has decided FCFS is bad news for Jordans and other highly sought releases, but clearly the RSVP method sucks.

What I'm curious about is whether they would allocate more of their total inventory for in-store fulfillment, meaning NDC pairs shift toward more in-store fulfillment so that it is less of a lottery and more of a reservation for most releases.

Just a theory, guess we'll find out soon.

i like your style. *insert robert deniro "YOU YOU YOU!" gif*

im thinking about passing on these because i already have a fresh pair. if i come across a pair for less than retail ill cop no questions asked

Why does everyone rely so much on ndc even though the new system suposedly sucks when there's other sites? Just wondering.

Went to this spot in Willow Grove outside Philly to ask if there handin out tickets and they let me reserve so I don't have to worry...fully paid even tho they charged $170 instead of $160 it cool tho

if you don't know 3 days before release..then these are not for you bro
Bence- I tend to agree w/ that sentiment but there's more of an itch for these for me as the days pass- has happened to me with a lot of shoes lately... when they first came out in the early 90s I didn't really like the 8s bc i felt like there was too much going on... but these, the bugs, and the aquas have always been on the "if I can get them for retail, I will" portion of my want list, plus i'm not really feeling a lot of these new color combos save the red 4s coming in Q3-4 of this year.

First pair of Jordan's to catch my attention sense the playoff 11s so i am pretty excited for this release

Just won a raffle at a local store. Im pumped that I wont have to wake up early on saturday.

Good luck to everyone who is trying to get a pair

Hope these sit like Bugs Bunnys. Will try on NDC, but hoping I can get a pair for retail, or if not, close to retail on eBay.

For people in New England area, I stopped in Nike Boston today and they said they hadn't made an official announcement but they were pretty sure they were going to be FCFS... but they also don't allow camping or lining up at this location, so i'm not really sure how it will work out.

Probably because of the marathon bombing, a few months ago that was allowed

These will be available everywhere

Last edited:
Now I'm just waiting on calls back.signdup for raffles at five spots two of which I know get tons of pairs. Got one size 10 and a half on lock but it might be a little too narrow for my foot

like every other black/red retro Jordan, these won't "sit" for long once ppl find out about them

Last edited:
I live in new york do you guys think i cud be able to pick up a pair for retail after release date?
Highly doubt it. You might be able to get them on ebay or craigslist for close to $200 after the release date. But based on the info I gathered, all the stores expect them to be gone Sat morning. Modells has already given out all their pairs. Did you enter any raffles?  

Bence- I tend to agree w/ that sentiment but there's more of an itch for these for me as the days pass- has happened to me with a lot of shoes lately... when they first came out in the early 90s I didn't really like the 8s bc i felt like there was too much going on... but these, the bugs, and the aquas have always been on the "if I can get them for retail, I will" portion of my want list, plus i'm not really feeling a lot of these new color combos save the red 4s coming in Q3-4 of this year.
VIII's have always been one of my favorite Jordans. Air Raids were one of my fav Nikes so when the VIIIs dropped it was a given for me. I wish the Playoffs were as far off the radar for most "Jordan-Heads" as the other VIIIs were but it seems like the hype train has finally caught up with the VIIIs... at least around my way.

BTW, the Fire Red "Toro" IVs release in two weeks. 7/13/13.
Hope these sit like Bugs Bunnys. Will try on NDC, but hoping I can get a pair for retail, or if not, close to retail on eBay.
I see you're in NY. Trust me, these will be nothing like the Suns or Bugs VIIIs. The hype train is rolling already and the RSVP lists for these that I've seen locally are longer than anything I've seen for JB's lately except  for Black Grapes. The Royal/Grey Foams releasing the same day doesn't help in-store because everybody going to RSVP for the foams is RSVP'ing for the VIIIs too, for the hell of it while they're there. From what I've seen over the last couple of days hitting up RSVP spots, interest in these is somewhere near White Grapes level in NY/NJ. I don't expect them to sit at all. Bright side is, being a GR, there's plenty of pairs out there so I wouldn't expect resell to be more than $220-$230 if you do miss.

Good luck tho. I hit 7 spots and put three raffles in at each. I feel like with that I have a 50/50 chance. If I strike out I'll be at my usual FCFS spot 1 a.m. Friday night/Monday morn. Gotta lock my pairs down.

VIII's have always been one of my favorite Jordans. Air Raids were one of my fav Nikes so when the VIIIs dropped it was a given for me. I wish the Playoffs were as far off the radar for most "Jordan-Heads" as the other VIIIs were but it seems like the hype train has finally caught up with the VIIIs... at least around my way.
^^
glasses.gif
Same here in regards to 8s, they're in my top 5 Greatest of "All Sneakers" to date..

Also since you brought up the Air Raids ,,alot of ppl probably dont know,but they were also designed by Tinker..

Last edited:
I found that out when the VIIIs retroed in '07 but it made sense immediately. There are very few colorways of either that aren't an auto-cop for me. I love the straps and the way Tinker incorporated them into the silhouettes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom