Air Jordan VIII 8 "Playoffs" Returns. Release day- 6/29/13

treat every release now a days as if it were a limited release. ppl keep saying these will be like the bugs bunnys this year. no way. these are a black / red jordan and "playoffs". these will not sit at all. sure 8s might not get as much love as the other models but there's plenty of ppl who do love this model (myself included). I'm just saying if you think this is an easy cop so be it. I think they will be as long as you got your bases covered and done ur homework.

Highly doubt it. You might be able to get them on ebay or craigslist for close to $200 after the release date. But based on the info I gathered, all the stores expect them to be gone Sat morning. Modells has already given out all their pairs. Did you enter any raffles?  
im just gonna go with NDC. time to sell shoes i dont need. it just sucks that every shoe sells out. i would think these would sit because they came out in 07 and then they were restocked again just like the air griffey max 1s and they sat. i dont know decisions decisons

im just gonna go with NDC. time to sell shoes i dont need. it just sucks that every shoe sells out. i would think these would sit because they came out in 07 and then they were restocked again just like the air griffey max 1s and they sat. i dont know decisions decisons
NDC is the worst place to try to pick up any release because of the botters overflowing the available sizes in their carts

NDC is the worst place to try to pick up any release because of the botters overflowing the available sizes in their carts
Ndc has been treating my right besides the black toes and 88 release everything else has been smooth sailing. if i go with finishline they cancel my order. eastbay,footlocker,footaction ill be clicking till i have calses on my fingertips

treat every release now a days as if it were a limited release. ppl keep saying these will be like the bugs bunnys this year. no way. these are a black / red jordan and "playoffs". these will not sit at all. sure 8s might not get as much love as the other models but there's plenty of ppl who do love this model (myself included). I'm just saying if you think this is an easy cop so be it. I think they will be as long as you got your bases covered and done ur homework.

These will not sit in most areas. I think that even though lots of stores are getting pairs not many stores recieved big shipments. Lots of stores I've seen (big, high traffic stores +hohs not included) only getting one pair in each size besides sz 10 and 10.5

With these foams dropping same day, this line ups gonna be madness here! Im just glad im not in sudney or melbourne. They have the 8's foams, suede and hazelnut brons all dropping tmoro. **** crazy i tell ya. 3am alarms set for tmoro -_-

/\/\ Good Luck & post pics when you get em. We still have another 36 hours to wait over here b4 we can cop.
Thanks man, its stressful. These days u just cant judge releases. Sometimes the early rock up is worth it sometimes ya get suprised and think i should still be bed. I want them so stuff sleep lol. Il be sure to post pics like always on the cop. Seen em in person, looking real nice. real nice

I think a WAY more possible and probable solution to the RSVP system will be to select the winning entry at random. That way it doesnt matter how fast you are or if you paid $40 for a bot..just send your DM before it closes (lasts like 10 or 15 min) and you're set. 

Edit: And it should def be a computer selecting winners not a ****** employee

Last edited:
Just found out our nike store had 12 pair, now there saying 5 pair. definatly staff have allocated stock. BS! Ppl are gonna be pissed when they line up and miss out

My wife went to 2 ftls here in SD and said they only had a size 8 left I need a size 11. She also said it was only 2 pairs per size from size 8-13. That's some ********

is going at 4am smart are should I go earlier
You would have to ask someone who has been to a release at the store you plan on going to. Every store is different. I know plenty of spots where 4am would put you 1st in line but I know just as many where 4am would be way too late.
Missed out on all the raffles
mean.gif
got off work at 8 and now i have to order online
Where in Jersey are you? There are plenty of places doing FCFS. Online is probably not the only option.

Even if the release is general, retailers tend to have limited stock when the inventory is spread thin across multiple stores.

My wife went to 2 ftls here in SD and said they only had a size 8 left I need a size 11. She also said it was only 2 pairs per size from size 8-13. That's some ********
spots I hit up yesterday only had 1 pair per size except 10.5 and 10 which they had 2 per. this is at a popular location in the SF bay area too...

I got there right when the store opened there was only one dude in front of me too but most of the pairs were already taken. I needed a size 11 or 11.5 ideally, but my best choices were 10.5 or 13 ..Ive heard of the 80/20 rule (80% to public 20% to employees)...it seemed like it was the 20/80 rule goin down.

I bet 90% of the problems with raffles/signups are employees not following the rules....I mean its generally underpaid and in lots of cases underappreciated kids in these positions what do we expect?

spots I hit up yesterday only had 1 pair per size except 10.5 and 10 which they had 2 per. this is at a popular location in the SF bay area too...

I got there right when the store opened there was only one dude in front of me too but most of the pairs were already taken. I needed a size 11 or 11.5 ideally, but my best choices were 10.5 or 13 ..Ive heard of the 80/20 rule (80% to public 20% to employees)...it seemed like it was the 20/80 rule goin down.

I bet 90% of the problems with raffles/signups are employees not following the rules....I mean its generally underpaid and in lots of cases underappreciated kids in these positions what do we expect?
Truth! Same here. Can expect less, if you where them would u reserve u a pair? I think i would, but i wouldnt make i would still leave 80% for public. It is what it is unfortunatley. Sneaker games corrupt on all fronts

You would have to ask someone who has been to a release at the store you plan on going to. Every store is different. I know plenty of spots where 4am would put you 1st in line but I know just as many where 4am would be way too late.

Where in Jersey are you? There are plenty of places doing FCFS. Online is probably not the only option.
I'm in jersey city but if you can help just pm me

To the people that have reserved pair spots, I would check with them again. On Tuesday, my Champs didn't have anything but today they receive another shipment so I was able to obtain a ticket.

Back
Top Bottom